[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette will have one visitor this weekend and it's L.G. Gill  (Read 24833 times)

amen426

• Starter

Perhaps its just simply that Wojo wanted a full summer commitment and Wally wasn't able to give that.

Perhaps. But I really don't think he takes such a hard stance (given the lack of depth at the PF position) unless he has a replacement. Also, I don't see the Ellenson family getting as upset with Wojo if this was the entire story. This is certainly a reasonable MU spin, and it may have been the conversation that Wojo eventually had with Wally -- but a player who doesn't dedicate 100% of his time to basketball until training camp, is still better than a banked scholarship. Especially since he would have received valuable minutes at the 4. I just don't see Wojo making that move if the replacement could wind up being a banked scholarship.

I seem to be in the minority here, so I will certainly own it if I'm wrong. But I would be shocked if we don't hear within 24 hours after leaving campus that Gill has committed. 

fjm

• All American
Can we please... For Fug's sake not turn this into another Ellenson Thread?
Or are we officially Ellenson University?

What's the plan if we don't get Gill and Young is a no go?

DienerTime34

• All American

KOSTAS.

jsglow

• All American
Agreed.  Back on topic.  I strongly believe Wojo will reel in either Gill or Kalif.  He literally has starter minutes to offer immediately, even if those minutes technically come from the bench.  I also feel confident that he'll fill the 13th scholly relatively quickly otherwise the Wally thing lingers unnecessarily.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the roster we have for 2016-2017 is good enough to make the NCAAs. I'm more worried about the 2017-2018 squad. At this point we will have Heldt, and that's it, in the post. I think Heldt can be a serviceable starting C, but he can't be our only one out there. I'd much rather get Young, or a traditional transfer like Daniel Giddens, Elijah Minnie, CJ Turman, Dwayne Morgan, or Dominik Olejniczak than a grad transfer like Gill. I'd rather have two seasons of barely making the NCAA than one season of solidly making the NCAA and then being left out again the next season.

If we do end up with Gill, I'll be happy, because that means we will have a really good team next season. But Wojo is going to have to recruit like the devil to get us ready for the next season. It might mean picking up a midseason transfer or another grad transfer next summer. We're in on some good freshmen for 2017 but I don't know that I'm ready to trust freshmen with as many minutes as we will need in  the post in 17-18.

Writing this, I'm realizing how big of a loss Gabe Levin was.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American

Herro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the roster we have for 2016-2017 is good enough to make the NCAAs. I'm more worried about the 2017-2018 squad. At this point we will have Heldt, and that's it, in the post. I think Heldt can be a serviceable starting C, but he can't be our only one out there. I'd much rather get Young, or a traditional transfer like Daniel Giddens, Elijah Minnie, CJ Turman, Dwayne Morgan, or Dominik Olejniczak than a grad transfer like Gill. I'd rather have two seasons of barely making the NCAA than one season of solidly making the NCAA and then being left out again the next season.

If we do end up with Gill, I'll be happy, because that means we will have a really good team next season. But Wojo is going to have to recruit like the devil to get us ready for the next season. It might mean picking up a midseason transfer or another grad transfer next summer. We're in on some good freshmen for 2017 but I don't know that I'm ready to trust freshmen with as many minutes as we will need in  the post in 17-18.

Writing this, I'm realizing how big of a loss Gabe Levin was.
Finally some one agrees with me on Gabe Levin, He was a huge loss.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

WarriorPride68

• All American
LG Gill taking his official visit to Maryland on May 6th-8th per 247

JakeBarnes

• All American
Has our Boot Watch Brigade spotted LG Gill on campus? Does he have a boot? What are his thoughts on comedy Sportz?

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
Has our Boot Watch Brigade spotted LG Gill on campus? Does he have a boot? What are his thoughts on comedy Sportz?

Apparently, he was spotted at the campus Qdoba and some smart ass student called him SM Gill or XL Gill (one of the two..unclear) which resulted in a fistfight and he punched the student in the face.  Gerald Boyle has been called on behalf of his new client...

wadesworld

• All American
LG Gill taking his official visit to Maryland on May 6th-8th per 247

Gave Turgeon a silent verbal, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mugrack

• Team Captain
Is there an ice cream truck sighting?

We R Final Four

• All American
Nice--if not silent, certainly soft.

fjm

• All American
Did gill commit yet?

warriorchick

• All American
Is there an ice cream truck sighting?

Not so far. I will keep you posted.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
Did gill commit yet?

Silently, a couple weeks ago.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HoopsterBC

• All American

True or false

WarriorPride68

• All American

Damn, Terps got a good one then  ;)

Marcus92

• All American
Never heard of a nonverbal commitment before. Maybe the NCAA needs to establish some rules about that. 500 or so pages should do it.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MU82

• All American

First Lee, now Gill. Fire Wojo now, please.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
Nah, give Steve a chance ta adopt him first, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  2h2 hours ago
Duquesne transfer LG Gill told @CBSSports he will decide between Maryland and Marquette. No other visits set. Immediately eligible.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
First come, first serve.

feedback