[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette will have one visitor this weekend and it's L.G. Gill  (Read 24930 times)

MattVelazquez

Marquette will have one visitor this weekend and it's L.G. Gill

In recent weeks there were reports that Marquette would be receiving visits from a pair of power forwards this coming weekend. Kalif Young, a 6-foot-9 incoming freshman from Canada, and L.G. Gill, a 6-foot-8 graduate transfer from Duquesne who is eligible to play right away, were both linked to the Golden Eagles and reported to have visits scheduled during the final weekend of April.

Source: Marquette will have one visitor this weekend and it's L.G. Gill

DienerTime34

• All American
Maybe Young had a problem getting his passport, ai ' nah

KampusFoods

• All American

Or he had a layover in Augusta, eh-nah?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Interesting. Young has now cancelled all three of his official visits. Certainly a unique approach.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HoopsterBC

• All American
Maybe he has school issues?  Do Canadians take ACT or SAt?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Alright, let's go get Gill.

If another spot happens to free up and Young stops being a weirdo, we will cross that bridge when it comes.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

jsglow

• All American
Interesting. Young has now cancelled all three of his official visits. Certainly a unique approach.

I don't get it.  'Normal' kids (meaning non-athletes) must commit to their university by a May 1st deadline.  I hope things work out for Kalif but c'mon man.

MuMark

• All American
According to the Providence beat writer he is dealing with a family issue...'or at least was when he cancelled his visit there.

HoopsterBC

• All American
I don't get it.  'Normal' kids (meaning non-athletes) must commit to their university by a May 1st deadline.  I hope things work out for Kalif but c'mon man.

Gill is a better answer for the 1 scholy left,  he has experience and can start right away, Young can be over recruited being ranked 340th this year.  If that is the best
Wojo can do for a big, MU is in trouble.  He has offered a ton of kids next year, so maybe it is best to hold onto it.

jsglow

• All American
According to the Providence beat writer he is dealing with a family issue...'or at least was when he cancelled his visit there.

Ah, maybe that's the answer.  Let's say a prayer for the kid that things work out for him, here or elsewhere.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Can we get a good scouting report on Gill? Being the shooter that he is, is he going to be much a rebounder at a high major?  How to you offensive rebound behind the 3 point line?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Mobot

• Team Captain
When the shot goes up, you run to the basket.

BM1090

• All American
Can we get a good scouting report on Gill? Being the shooter that he is, is he going to be much a rebounder at a high major?  How to you offensive rebound behind the 3 point line?

He averaged nearly 7 rebounds per game last year in 30 MPG, so he is a good but not great rebounder. Good but not great shooter. Very athletic. Pogo stick, as some here like to say. Not sure about ball handling/passing.

Here's a highlight video from last season but it's really choppy. Quality improves at some points but not an easy watch. Still, you can see the shooting stroke and athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLZIR4mkU4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:43:36 PM by MuEagle1090 »

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American

Plenty of open space to just walk across up there

wadesworld

• All American

A "normal" kid can "commit" at any point. Their spot just might get passed along to someone else after May 1.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
Role player, a''ina? His numbers are what I'd want (frankly, expect) out of a Jr. Sandy Cohen. Just more size.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WarriorPride68

• All American
LG Gill is visiting Maryland next week...who lost Layman/Carter/Stone from front court.

Hopefully he has a blast this weekend in MKE. The Maryland campus is 2.5 hours from his hometown

Jay Bee

• All American

6'8" guy that shoots a lot from deep, but not particularly well. Relative to his size, a weak offensive rebounder. Serviceable defensive rebounder at Duq (and good showing against better competition)... can he commit to focusing on rebounding even more?

amen426

• Starter
LG Gill is visiting Maryland next week...who lost Layman/Carter/Stone from front court.

Hopefully he has a blast this weekend in MKE. The Maryland campus is 2.5 hours from his hometown

In Goodman's tweet yesterday
"Duquesne grad transfer L.G. Gill told ESPN he will visit Marquette this weekend and likely to visit Maryland the week after."

Has anyone seen anything official on a visit date for Maryland? If he only told ESPN that he will "likely" visit Maryland next week, there is a strong chance that he could still commit this weekend. Keep in mind, Damion Lee was likely to visit Marquette's campus last year.

Saw a few bloggers/Jon Rothstein follow up that tweet by saying that he WILL visit the following week. But they seem to have simply misinterpreted Goodwin's wording. ESPN/Goodman seemed to be the only one who had direct contact with Gill, and "likely" means that a date hasn't been set.

With Wally already officially off the basketball team, and with Kalif Young cancelling his visit - it stands to reason that Gill has already given a "soft verbal" commitment to Wojo. This visit should simply make it official.

Jay Bee

• All American
In Goodman's tweet yesterday
"Duquesne grad transfer L.G. Gill told ESPN he will visit Marquette this weekend and likely to visit Maryland the week after."

Has anyone seen anything official on a visit date for Maryland? If he only told ESPN that he will "likely" visit Maryland next week, there is a strong chance that he could still commit this weekend. Keep in mind, Damion Lee was likely to visit Marquette's campus last year.

Saw a few bloggers/Jon Rothstein follow up that tweet by saying that he WILL visit the following week. But they seem to have simply misinterpreted Goodwin's wording. ESPN/Goodman seemed to be the only one who had direct contact with Gill, and "likely" means that a date hasn't been set.

With Wally already officially off the basketball team, and with Kalif Young cancelling his visit - it stands to reason that Gill has already given a "soft verbal" commitment to Wojo. This visit should simply make it official.

In the game that is recruiting, there is no 'WILL visit.' It doesn't exist. "Expected to"... "likely to"... etc.. all fine. "WILL"... you say that, you're nuts.

The underlined portion.. you're being equally 'OUT THERE'... patience, and understand recruiting is FLUID. What may have seemed true one hour can become a seemingly impossible series of events an hour later.

amen426

• Starter
In the game that is recruiting, there is no 'WILL visit.' It doesn't exist. "Expected to"... "likely to"... etc.. all fine. "WILL"... you say that, you're nuts.

The underlined portion.. you're being equally 'OUT THERE'... patience, and understand recruiting is FLUID. What may have seemed true one hour can become a seemingly impossible series of events an hour later.

Damion Lee was "likely" to visit Marquette last summer. Until they set a date, nothing is official (and sometimes, not even then).

I'm simply connecting the dots. Wojo absolutely had to have received a "soft" commitment from one of these two prior to making the decision on Wally. There is no way you take that PR hit, and ruin a relationship with a lottery pick and his family if you don't already have a commitment in place.

WarriorPride68

• All American
Damion Lee was "likely" to visit Marquette last summer. Until they set a date, nothing is official (and sometimes, not even then).

I'm simply connecting the dots. Wojo absolutely had to have received a "soft" commitment from one of these two prior to making the decision on Wally. There is no way you take that PR hit, and ruin a relationship with a lottery pick and his family if you don't already have a commitment in place.

@JonRothstein: Duquesne transfer LG Gill told @CBSSports he will visit Maryland during the first week in May. Visits Marquette this weekend.

He told CBS & ESPN just yesterday he will visit Maryland. Add in the fact that Maryland visited him last week & his visit to Maryland is a week away I wouldn't be surprised if he visited Maryland.

With that said...One would think MU has Gill or another player lined up after the Woj bombing

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
  Plenty of open space to just walk across up there

Lots of weed tunnels between Surrey and Blaine he can crawl through

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
There is nothing to suggest that Wojo has a "soft verbal" from anybody. Wally was cut because that's when he gave Wojo his decision. You make the cut as early as possible to give Wally plenty of time to figure out his next move.
TAMU

esotericmindguy

• All American
Another wing in love with the 3 pointer. Marquette is filled with 33% 3 point shooters. Maybe he'd get better looks on Marquette. They might shoot 30 3 pointers a game next year.

avid1010

• All American
hope that's not the case...would be much better if wojo had clear expectations for players, wally couldn't live up to them/commit to them, and wojo stuck to his guns no matter what the PR outcomes would be. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
There is nothing to suggest that Wojo has a "soft verbal" from anybody. Wally was cut because that's when he gave Wojo his decision. You make the cut as early as possible to give Wally plenty of time to figure out his next move.
I agree that Wojo has no soft verbals from anyone. 

I think one thing needs to be made clear, Wally was not cut. His basketball scholarship was not renewed. NCAA rules prohibit him to receive a track scholarship and play basketball. So it was either no scholarship and walk on in both sports or no basketball and full ride track scholarship. The family was not willing to pay tuition like other MU students so the story is being promoted as he is being cut from their perspective.

Compare this to the situation at Xavier last year, where Matt Stainbrook in effect gave his scholarship to his brother and then Stainbrook paid tuition to stay on the team and worked part time driving a cab. 

The more I think about it, Buzz may have actually not renewed Juan and Jake's scholarship thinking he had some prospects to take their place. In the end he didn't and the story was presented that they (Juan and Jake ) reconsidered and decided to stay.

At the end of the day, anyone who says College athletes are not getting paid has never had to pay a private school tuition bill.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
A "normal" kid can "commit" at any point. Their spot just might get passed along to someone else after May 1.

Of course wade, but at MU (and other schools on the universally accepted deadline date) admission is no longer guaranteed if the formal admission offer from roughly 1/15 is not accepted by 5/1.  Last year, MU came up a bit short on the count and would have gladly accepted some additional students.  Also, 'wait list' kids are approached prior to 5/1 date depending on commitments as they roll in in March/April.  There's also the concept of 'melt', both between now and Frosh move-in and even in the first few weeks of school.  MU usually announces its final enrollment number in October.  I kind of thought no one needed the 'long answer'.  But since you felt the need to clarify......

amen426

• Starter

Apparently you think Wojo is one bold motherunnatural carnal knowledgeer.

In your scenario, he is ballsy enough to risk going into next season without Wally, Kalif or LG? Because that’s essentially what you’re saying by the timing of this cut.

Wojo was going to take a PR hit and burn the family bridge either way - whether he made the cut last weekend, or after the visits. And Wally's future options would have been the same in both scenario's as well. So your point about giving Wally plenty of time to figure out his next move, makes no sense. Especially, considering that if Young/Gill both turn us down, he wouldn't need that "next option". He would have been a key role player on this team.

I agree you don't string a kid along. But 1 week, in this scenario, would not change Wally's options.

GGGG

• All American

In your scenario, he is ballsy enough to risk going into next season without Wally, Kalif or LG? Because that’s essentially what you’re saying by the timing of this cut.

Perhaps its just simply that Wojo wanted a full summer commitment and Wally wasn't able to give that. 

jsglow

• All American
While I have no sense that Wojo has some kind of 'verbal', I think he feels strongly that that he'll successfully fill that 13th slot with a quality big.  Let's not necessarily assume that Young is out of the picture.  I think we had just wrongly convinced ourselves that his prior cancellations meant MU was a short list of one.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified

Wojo was going to take a PR hit and burn the family bridge either way - whether he made the cut last weekend, or after the visits. And Wally's future options would have been the same in both scenario's as well. So your point about giving Wally plenty of time to figure out his next move, makes no sense. Especially, considering that if Young/Gill both turn us down, he wouldn't need that "next option". He would have been a key role player on this team.

I agree you don't string a kid along. But 1 week, in this scenario, would not change Wally's options.

If you're worried about the PR hit, then how would it look if MU was overcommitted and then Wally was cut?
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American

If it helps you sleep at night, then sure, in your mind LG is already committed to Marquette University.  Don't mind his saying he'll visit Maryland the first weekend in May get in the way of you knowing for certain that Gill, you, and Wojo are the only 3 in the world to know for certain that Gill is on his way to Milwaukee for his senior season.

Of course wade, but at MU (and other schools on the universally accepted deadline date) admission is no longer guaranteed if the formal admission offer from roughly 1/15 is not accepted by 5/1.  Last year, MU came up a bit short on the count and would have gladly accepted some additional students.  Also, 'wait list' kids are approached prior to 5/1 date depending on commitments as they roll in in March/April.  There's also the concept of 'melt', both between now and Frosh move-in and even in the first few weeks of school.  MU usually announces its final enrollment number in October.  I kind of thought no one needed the 'long answer'.  But since you felt the need to clarify......

I just mean it's pretty much the same deal for "normal" students.  You get your offers, you're probably given some kind of timeline for when a coach hopes to hear about a decision (or you're given a timeline for when you might hear from a coach as to when your "offer" is with no conditions), and then if you're just dragging the process out then the "offer" may still stand...but it also may be passed along to someone else.  "Normal" students can send in their deposit and all their paperwork, go through the whole process...and then in July decide they're going to go to the other school they were thinking about/waitlisted on, etc.  Kids change their minds on schools, schools change their minds on kids, coaches change their mind on kids, kids change their minds on programs, etc.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9

It is possible the family may actually need the goodwill of MU and Wojo in the future. You never know what will happen.

Consider the fate of this former MU Star....

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1499&dat=19900112&id=52gaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_ysEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6264,3110075&hl=en

Some interesting notes in the comments from him on this one:
http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4985
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American

Your dot-connection is flawed.

GGGG

• All American
It is possible the family may actually need the goodwill of MU and Wojo in the future. You never know what will happen.

Consider the fate of this former MU Star....

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1499&dat=19900112&id=52gaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_ysEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6264,3110075&hl=en

Some interesting notes in the comments from him on this one:
http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4985

So you're theory is that the Ellensons can't cut the cord with Marquette because one day Henry might be penniless and get arrested?

jsglow

• All American

I just mean it's pretty much the same deal for "normal" students.  You get your offers, you're probably given some kind of timeline for when a coach hopes to hear about a decision (or you're given a timeline for when you might hear from a coach as to when your "offer" is with no conditions), and then if you're just dragging the process out then the "offer" may still stand...but it also may be passed along to someone else.  "Normal" students can send in their deposit and all their paperwork, go through the whole process...and then in July decide they're going to go to the other school they were thinking about/waitlisted on, etc.  Kids change their minds on schools, schools change their minds on kids, coaches change their mind on kids, kids change their minds on programs, etc.

Happens all the time wade.  The analytics on this rivals MLB!   Remember, I've served several years on the Admissions Advisory Board.  (Not saying I'm an expert.)  BTW, MU adjusted its application procurement tactics this year.  Let's hope it works.  Last year's class was small.  I haven't heard anything this year yet other than 'cautiously optimistic'.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Happens all the time wade.  The analytics on this rivals MLB!   Remember, I've served several years on the Admissions Advisory Board.  (Not saying I'm an expert.)  BTW, MU adjusted its application procurement tactics this year.  Let's hope it works.  Last year's class was small.  I haven't heard anything this year yet other than 'cautiously optimistic'.
Tell Your friends in admissions they need to game the system so our US News rating goes up. Northeastern moved up over a 100 points playing the game.
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
Northeastern only gets da easy rankin's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9

So you're theory is that the Ellensons can't cut the cord with Marquette because one day Henry might be penniless and get arrested?

Life doesn't always work out the way people think it will for these stars.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/05/04/Judge-sentences-Art-Schlichter-to-10-years-7-months-in-prison.html
                       ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
I have no idea whether Wojo has a soft commitment. However, a lot of coaches do not consider an offer final until the player actually visits. How a recruit fits in or acts on a visit could result in the offer being withdrawn. LG saying he may visit Maryland may be a reflection of him understanding he still has to show he fits in here. Maybe Young is cancelling visits, because he is plan B for the schools he was going to visit. Assuming Wojo is feeling presure to win immediately he is going to take LG over Young.

Jay Bee

• All American
I have no idea whether Wojo has a soft commitment. However, a lot of coaches do not consider an offer final until the player actually visits. How a recruit fits in or acts on a visit could result in the offer being withdrawn. LG saying he may visit Maryland may be a reflection of him understanding he still has to show he fits in here. Maybe Young is cancelling visits, because he is plan B for the schools he was going to visit. Assuming Wojo is feeling presure to win immediately he is going to take LG over Young.

I don't consider chit final til a player is on the court at the scorer's table, checking into a game. If you feel otherwise, you're eff'd.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Life doesn't always work out the way people think it will for these stars.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/05/04/Judge-sentences-Art-Schlichter-to-10-years-7-months-in-prison.html

So, if Henry Ellenson (or even Wally) gets to that point, what would you expect Wojo/MU to do to intervene?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU86NC

• Starter
I agree that Wojo has no soft verbals from anyone. 

I think one thing needs to be made clear, Wally was not cut. His basketball scholarship was not renewed. NCAA rules prohibit him to receive a track scholarship and play basketball. So it was either no scholarship and walk on in both sports or no basketball and full ride track scholarship. The family was not willing to pay tuition like other MU students so the story is being promoted as he is being cut from their perspective.

Compare this to the situation at Xavier last year, where Matt Stainbrook in effect gave his scholarship to his brother and then Stainbrook paid tuition to stay on the team and worked part time driving a cab. 

The more I think about it, Buzz may have actually not renewed Juan and Jake's scholarship thinking he had some prospects to take their place. In the end he didn't and the story was presented that they (Juan and Jake ) reconsidered and decided to stay.
Amen!

At the end of the day, anyone who says College athletes are not getting paid has never had to pay a private school tuition bill.

vacinator

• Walk-On
Kudos to Matt - I really appreciate the MU coverage.  You might just get me to subscribe again to the JS.

If MU does land Gill the "big" cupboard will be extremely bare in 2017.  Hopefully Wojo has some talent in the pipeline.

MU82

• All American
Assuming Wojo is feeling presure to win immediately he is going to take LG over Young.

I know you're rooting for Wojo to lose because you've already decided you hate him for whatever reason, but the only pressure Wojo feels is the pressure he puts on himself.

Coaches, especially those with very long-term contracts, don't feel pressure from mopes on the interwebs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

I agree that Wojo doesn't have anything solid but a week or a month don't make much difference in such decisions.

I agree with Sultan - Wojo wanted a a commitment to hoops and Wally passed. Decision made.

Remember that Newbill and Roseboro landed somewhere within days after getting Buzz Sawed at the end of the summer.

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Kudos to Matt - I really appreciate the MU coverage.  You might just get me to subscribe again to the JS.

If MU does land Gill the "big" cupboard will be extremely bare in 2017.  Hopefully Wojo has some talent in the pipeline.

Looking at the offers and interest for 2017, I fully expect at least 2-3 freshmen bigs to be added in that class. Definitely a heavy focus on the front court for next year's class.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
Looking at the offers and interest for 2017, I fully expect at least 2-3 freshmen bigs to be added in that class. Definitely a heavy focus on the front court for next year's class.
Ideally, would have liked to see: Seniors Luke and LG, Soph Heldt, and Frosh Young. Then we could have some balance moving forward.

Even if what you suspect,  that's 2-3 Frosh bigs and a Junior MH.
The one and done grad transfer game is a tricky one.
Almost have to get another grad transfer next year.

fjm

• All American
I think he's offered some pretty good Bigs for 2017 as mentioned here.
Maybe it'll be ok that we get a one year guy, and then inform one of the 2017 bugs that are 4 star top 100 that they'll be starting right away.

Kalif young if I remember correctly is #340 or so? And if he is a commitmentphobe then maybe we are getting lucky by having a hole for the 3-4 bigs we offered that seem pretty solid for next year?

amen426

• Starter

Perhaps its just simply that Wojo wanted a full summer commitment and Wally wasn't able to give that.

Perhaps. But I really don't think he takes such a hard stance (given the lack of depth at the PF position) unless he has a replacement. Also, I don't see the Ellenson family getting as upset with Wojo if this was the entire story. This is certainly a reasonable MU spin, and it may have been the conversation that Wojo eventually had with Wally -- but a player who doesn't dedicate 100% of his time to basketball until training camp, is still better than a banked scholarship. Especially since he would have received valuable minutes at the 4. I just don't see Wojo making that move if the replacement could wind up being a banked scholarship.

I seem to be in the minority here, so I will certainly own it if I'm wrong. But I would be shocked if we don't hear within 24 hours after leaving campus that Gill has committed. 

fjm

• All American
Can we please... For Fug's sake not turn this into another Ellenson Thread?
Or are we officially Ellenson University?

What's the plan if we don't get Gill and Young is a no go?

DienerTime34

• All American

KOSTAS.

jsglow

• All American
Agreed.  Back on topic.  I strongly believe Wojo will reel in either Gill or Kalif.  He literally has starter minutes to offer immediately, even if those minutes technically come from the bench.  I also feel confident that he'll fill the 13th scholly relatively quickly otherwise the Wally thing lingers unnecessarily.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the roster we have for 2016-2017 is good enough to make the NCAAs. I'm more worried about the 2017-2018 squad. At this point we will have Heldt, and that's it, in the post. I think Heldt can be a serviceable starting C, but he can't be our only one out there. I'd much rather get Young, or a traditional transfer like Daniel Giddens, Elijah Minnie, CJ Turman, Dwayne Morgan, or Dominik Olejniczak than a grad transfer like Gill. I'd rather have two seasons of barely making the NCAA than one season of solidly making the NCAA and then being left out again the next season.

If we do end up with Gill, I'll be happy, because that means we will have a really good team next season. But Wojo is going to have to recruit like the devil to get us ready for the next season. It might mean picking up a midseason transfer or another grad transfer next summer. We're in on some good freshmen for 2017 but I don't know that I'm ready to trust freshmen with as many minutes as we will need in  the post in 17-18.

Writing this, I'm realizing how big of a loss Gabe Levin was.
TAMU

fjm

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American

Herro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the roster we have for 2016-2017 is good enough to make the NCAAs. I'm more worried about the 2017-2018 squad. At this point we will have Heldt, and that's it, in the post. I think Heldt can be a serviceable starting C, but he can't be our only one out there. I'd much rather get Young, or a traditional transfer like Daniel Giddens, Elijah Minnie, CJ Turman, Dwayne Morgan, or Dominik Olejniczak than a grad transfer like Gill. I'd rather have two seasons of barely making the NCAA than one season of solidly making the NCAA and then being left out again the next season.

If we do end up with Gill, I'll be happy, because that means we will have a really good team next season. But Wojo is going to have to recruit like the devil to get us ready for the next season. It might mean picking up a midseason transfer or another grad transfer next summer. We're in on some good freshmen for 2017 but I don't know that I'm ready to trust freshmen with as many minutes as we will need in  the post in 17-18.

Writing this, I'm realizing how big of a loss Gabe Levin was.
Finally some one agrees with me on Gabe Levin, He was a huge loss.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

WarriorPride68

• All American
LG Gill taking his official visit to Maryland on May 6th-8th per 247

JakeBarnes

• All American
Has our Boot Watch Brigade spotted LG Gill on campus? Does he have a boot? What are his thoughts on comedy Sportz?

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
Has our Boot Watch Brigade spotted LG Gill on campus? Does he have a boot? What are his thoughts on comedy Sportz?

Apparently, he was spotted at the campus Qdoba and some smart ass student called him SM Gill or XL Gill (one of the two..unclear) which resulted in a fistfight and he punched the student in the face.  Gerald Boyle has been called on behalf of his new client...

wadesworld

• All American
LG Gill taking his official visit to Maryland on May 6th-8th per 247

Gave Turgeon a silent verbal, ai'na?

mugrack

• Team Captain
Is there an ice cream truck sighting?

We R Final Four

• All American
Nice--if not silent, certainly soft.

fjm

• All American
Did gill commit yet?

warriorchick

• All American
Is there an ice cream truck sighting?

Not so far. I will keep you posted.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
Did gill commit yet?

Silently, a couple weeks ago.

HoopsterBC

• All American

True or false

WarriorPride68

• All American

Damn, Terps got a good one then  ;)

Marcus92

• All American
Never heard of a nonverbal commitment before. Maybe the NCAA needs to establish some rules about that. 500 or so pages should do it.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MU82

• All American

First Lee, now Gill. Fire Wojo now, please.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
Nah, give Steve a chance ta adopt him first, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  2h2 hours ago
Duquesne transfer LG Gill told @CBSSports he will decide between Maryland and Marquette. No other visits set. Immediately eligible.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
First come, first serve.

MuMark

• All American
Duquesne transfer LG Gill has committed to Maryland, source told @CBSSports. Immediately eligible for next season. Big get for Terps.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  13m13 minutes ago Paradise, NV
LG Gill will transfer to Maryland | Story: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/story/1668612-lg-gill-transfer-maryland
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein