[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tyler Herro blowing up twitter with 4 offers  (Read 25666 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Tyler Herro blowing up twitter with 4 offers
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 10:20:07 PM »
Once in a lifetime talent.

So was Henry and look where that got us.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 10:58:32 PM »

I wouldn't even call Henry that. Once in a lifetime talents are Lebron, Jordan, and Iverson. Players like Lebron and AI single handedly lead their teams to the NBA finals.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 11:00:24 PM »
I wouldn't even call Henry that. Once in a lifetime talents are Lebron, Jordan, and Iverson. Players like Lebron and AI single handedly lead their teams to the NBA finals.

No one's a once in a lifetime talent until ChitownSpaceForRent rents space!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 11:30:04 PM »

Nah

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 12:20:50 AM »
If there really is such a thing as a once-in-a-lifetime talent, wouldn't that be the best player ever?

In hoops, only Michael Jordan qualifies, no?

Not counting Paul Mokeski, of course.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:03 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 05:09:31 AM »
If there really is such a thing as a once-in-a-lifetime talent, wouldn't that be the best player ever?

In hoops, only Michael Jordan qualifies, no?

I think you could argue certain abilities. Say Dennis Rodman's rebounding ability, Steph Curry's shooting, Wilt Chamberlain's fornicating. Those could all be considered once in a lifetime talents.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 06:45:28 AM »
Dawson = Magic, but Herro > LeBron

Dawson = Magic, but Herro < Johnny Wolf but > Lebron

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
Is he better than McCabe?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 07:47:38 AM »

With his elite level of athleticism, it was almost sad watching other players try to compete.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 08:00:41 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »
So where is MU with this kid? Once in a lifetime talent. Auburn, Xavier, Florida, and Purdue today. Feel like we are not "all in" on this kid.

So he's a once in a lifetime talent and other teams want him. That is shocking. What the hell is Wojo doing?

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
I haven't watched Tyler play in person. From the videos I've seen, looks like he's got a great handle, navigates well in traffic, and is a good passer and decision-maker. His shooting form is excellent, almost always finding a way to square up. He shows a quick release and nice range. On defense, he's got an instinct for getting to loose balls.

The apparent downside (possibly a really big one) is that he's not very quick or athletic. I don't think I saw him jump higher than a foot off the ground. That concerns me. A lot. How well would he fit Wojo's system? Can he defend Big East guards? I'm not sure.

But, like I said before, I haven't watched him play in person. And I'm no scout. What do those in the know see?

"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »

Excellent point dgies.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
I haven't watched Tyler play in person. From the videos I've seen, looks like he's got a great handle, navigates well in traffic, and is a good passer and decision-maker. His shooting form is excellent, almost always finding a way to square up. He shows a quick release and nice range. On defense, he's got an instinct for getting to loose balls.

I see a sophomore that is very talented in many ways,, body need to mature.   He has 3 years before he steps on the court in college so even in his interview this week he states that he has a lot to work on.  Talent is there, but once in a lifetime player, not even close.  Not sure he will be a star in college yet,  but a good player, yes.   I would say if he is as good as Bronson Koenig then he is pretty good.

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
I meant once in a lifetime recruit for MU. He is not Kobe or Lebron obviously. Guys at that talent level wouldn't even consider MU though where the program is at right now. Yes all my posts have been about Herro. I want this team to win. We need elite players like this not run of the mill guys. UW is recruiting him stronger right now that needs to change.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »
I meant once in a lifetime recruit for MU. He is not Kobe or Lebron obviously. Guys at that talent level wouldn't even consider MU though where the program is at right now. Yes all my posts have been about Herro. I want this team to win. We need elite players like this not run of the mill guys. UW is recruiting him stronger right now that needs to change.

So not quite Lebron or Kobe, but better than Wade, JFB and Jae Crowder. Right.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »

I get a kick out of the point that one college is recruiting somebody harder then the next college.   Are they camping out at Whitnall school or at his house, you can only
do so much?  I am sure all the schools are texting and emailing at about the same pace.   What can any school do differently?   Maybe Louisville does it differently.  I do
agree that local schools have an advantage as they can go to more games then other schools, other schools probably have to watch the budget a little closer and can
not come to every game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »

Or in my lifetime, Thompson, Memminger, Chones, Lucas, Tatum, Lee, Ellis, Rivers.  Okay, I'll stop.   ::)

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 08:47:34 AM »

Once in a lifetime recruit for MU? Are you drunk, high, or both? That is a brainless statement. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 08:47:54 AM »

Does that mean we'll get past Kansas this time in the Final Four?????

Just checking!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2016, 08:49:49 AM »

The apparent downside (possibly a really big one) is that he's not very quick or athletic. I don't think I saw him jump higher than a foot off the ground. That concerns me. A lot. How well would he fit Wojo's system? Can he defend Big East guards? I'm not sure.

But, like I said before, I haven't watched him play in person. And I'm no scout. What do those in the know see?

He's just as quick and athletic as a guy like Haanif Cheathem who was just fine as a freshman in the Big East last year.  Bigger, quicker, and more athletic than a guy like Riley LaChance who was very good as a freshman in the SEC.

He's a player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »
Or in my lifetime, Thompson, Memminger, Chones, Lucas, Tatum, Lee, Ellis, Rivers.  Okay, I'll stop.   ::)

Not close to any of those kids,  maybe Jeff Sewell, Gary Rosenberger, Allie McGuire.  A nice complimentary player.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Jokes, I got them.

Ahh alright, I thought it might've been a joke but wasn't sure.