[Today at 06:05:33 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 20 players in the 2016 NBA Draft who would be smart to return to college  (Read 5176 times)

VegasWarrior77

• All American
By Jon Rothstein / CBS Sports
April 22, 2016 12:31 PM ET
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25563429/players-in-the-2016-nba-draft-who-would-be-smart-to-return-to-college

Among those mentioned:

Trevon Bluiett | Xavier | SF | Soph.
The Musketeers are a top-five team nationally if Blueitt returns next season and he’s also likely to get a bigger piece of the pie at Xavier with the departures of both James Farr and Jalen Reynolds. The 6-6 forward excelled as an undersized power forward last season, averaging 15.1 points and 6.1 rebounds while shooting 39.8 percent from 3-point range in what was a banner season for the Musketeers. Expect those averages to increase by 20 to 25 percent in 2016-17 if he comes back to Xavier.

Nigel Hayes | Wisconsin | PF | Jr.
Hayes struggled at times as a primary option for the Badgers after being an ancillary piece the past two seasons behind both Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky. He’d be best served to return for his senior season after shooting career lows in both field goal percentage (36.8) and 3-point percentage (29.3). Should Hayes go back to Wisconsin, the Badgers would be the clear favorite in the Big Ten next year. And it may not be close.

Josh Hart | Villanova | SG | Jr.
Hart was the Wildcats’ leading scorer and second leading rebounder during their national title run and while he may be able to play his way into the latter part of the first round, he’d be best served by returning to the Main Line. Oklahoma’s Buddy Hield was projected as a late first-round pick 12 months ago and he likely worked his way into the lottery thanks to a terrific senior season. The same thing could happen for Hart if he returns to the Main Line in 2016-17.

Isaiah Whitehead | Seton Hall | SG | Soph.
This Coney Island native has dreams of being a first-round pick and that’s far from a lock in 2016. Whitehead played as well as any perimeter player in college basketball over the last month of the season and would make the Pirates a potential top-15 team if he returns to South Orange for his junior season. Another year under Kevin Willard would mean another year of tutelage in regards to the nuances of his game and right now that’s not something Whitehead can pass up to be drafted somewhere in terms of the mid-to-late second round.

Maurice Watson | Creighton | PG | Jr.
Watson had a great season (14.1 points, 6.5 assists, 3.4 rebounds) after transferring from Boston University, but this declaration is more about testing the waters than actually staying in the 2016 NBA Draft. Watson needs to return to school and help lead the Bluejays back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2014.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
I would add Ben Bentil to the mix. Why would he come out now and be a mid second round pick. I think another year under his belt and he could be a first rounder.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
I would add Ben Bentil to the mix. Why would he come out now and be a mid second round pick. I think another year under his belt and he could be a first rounder.

Because he loses Kris Dunn and night not be able to replicate this year's performance without him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
So Reynolds is forsure gone? Such an idiot.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
So Reynolds is forsure gone? Such an idiot.

Don't think that was his choice...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
If all these guys leave (I know there will be some that stay) MU will be looking good next year.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
If all these guys leave (I know there will be some that stay) MU will be looking good next year.

I'd guess they all stay lol
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GB Warrior

• All American
I'd guess they all stay lol

The only one that is remotely likely to leave, IMO, is Blueitt. He's been very good and is still at the right juxtaposition of collegiate success and untapped potential

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Ivan Rabb is returning to Cal, which is good for him but also good for Henry's draft stock.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_29809148/its-official-ivan-rabb-returning-cal-basketball
SS Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
According to this list, 96 underclass an have declared as of Friday

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25553504/2016-nba-draft-ranking-every-underclassmen-who-has-declared-for-the-draft

Remember this year the rules changed, you have until May 25 to take your name out if you don't hire an agent.  That is after the NBA combine in Chicago.

Hint, if you don't get invited to the combine, you won't be busy draft night.

jsglow

• All American
Remind me.  There's a deadline to put your name IN.  Has that date passed?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Remind me.  There's a deadline to put your name IN.  Has that date passed?

Yes, it was yesterday.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
i would add deonte to this list.  i know he hasn't picked up an agent yet, but come on man!
don't...don't don't don't don't

WarriorPride68

• All American
Maurice Watson Jr coming back to school. Creighton going be very talented

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Maurice Watson Jr coming back to school. Creighton going be very talented
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire