[Today at 02:42:45 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mumford and Sons - Live  (Read 5428 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Mumford and Sons - Live
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
Has anybody been to a Mumford concert since Wilder Minds came out?  If so, had anyone gone to a concert prior to that album coming out?  Are they any different now?

With the Madison show coming up a week from today does anybody know how the General Admission floor seats work?  Do people just start lining up outside the venue whenever they want?  Any ideas as to how early people start arriving?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Mumford and Sons - Live
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:48:47 PM »
Has anybody been to a Mumford concert since Wilder Minds came out?  If so, had anyone gone to a concert prior to that album coming out?  Are they any different now?

With the Madison show coming up a week from today does anybody know how the General Admission floor seats work?  Do people just start lining up outside the venue whenever they want?  Any ideas as to how early people start arriving?

Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions. I went to the Mumford show at the Marcus and was in the pit so A) it was super awesome because I was 20 feet from the stage and B) Mumford put on a good show.

I haven't seen them since the new album came out, which I thought really really sucked. We already had a next generation mellow UK-based Phil Collins wanna be band....they're called Cold Play.

Not sure what the show will be like with the new album, you'll have to report back.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions. I went to the Mumford show at the Marcus and was in the pit so A) it was super awesome because I was 20 feet from the stage and B) Mumford put on a good show.

I haven't seen them since the new album came out, which I thought really really sucked. We already had a next generation mellow UK-based Phil Collins wanna be band....they're called Cold Play.

Not sure what the show will be like with the new album, you'll have to report back.

I was at that show as well and thought it was outstanding, but I was in the section in front of the lawn, so not as cool as your experience I'm sure.  Were the tickets in the front section assigned seating or was it GA by section or something?  I know mine was an assigned seat.

I wasn't a fan of their new album at first but it has grown on me since.  I have looked at some of their set lists and it looks like it's about 40/60 with new/old stuff of theirs.  Listening to a recent concert of theirs at work and they still sound really good, but hard to tell from a video.

I am excited to have better seats (I'd hope) this time around, and to see them at (I believe) a smaller venue.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »
I was at that show as well and thought it was outstanding, but I was in the section in front of the lawn, so not as cool as your experience I'm sure.  Were the tickets in the front section assigned seating or was it GA by section or something?  I know mine was an assigned seat.

I wasn't a fan of their new album at first but it has grown on me since.  I have looked at some of their set lists and it looks like it's about 40/60 with new/old stuff of theirs.  Listening to a recent concert of theirs at work and they still sound really good, but hard to tell from a video.

I am excited to have better seats (I'd hope) this time around, and to see them at (I believe) a smaller venue.

Our seats where GA for that section, so the earlier you got their the closer you could be to the stage and the more people you could have pressing against you from behind  :o

It's definitely a smaller venue which I think would be good. Just as a point of comparison I've seen Zac Brown Band 3 times at Marcus, once in the pit, once in assigned seats under cover and once right in front of the grass.....ZBB in the pit was like 30% better than Mumford in the pit and ZBB under cover was probably the same as Mumford in the pit. So like I said Mumford is good and closer will be great.

If you've seen Avett Brothers at the Riverside(lower section) it should be a similar feel and experience to Mumford in Madison IMO.

Either way enjoy the show!
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »
Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Neil Young...Mumford and Sons?

No thank you. The pick belongs in better, more capable, hands.

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
I love that show!

Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 02:51:32 PM »
Our seats where GA for that section, so the earlier you got their the closer you could be to the stage and the more people you could have pressing against you from behind  :o

It's definitely a smaller venue which I think would be good. Just as a point of comparison I've seen Zac Brown Band 3 times at Marcus, once in the pit, once in assigned seats under cover and once right in front of the grass.....ZBB in the pit was like 30% better than Mumford in the pit and ZBB under cover was probably the same as Mumford in the pit. So like I said Mumford is good and closer will be great.

If you've seen Avett Brothers at the Riverside(lower section) it should be a similar feel and experience to Mumford in Madison IMO.

Either way enjoy the show!

Very nice.  Just out of curiosity, how early did you get to Mumford at the Marcus?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »
I love that show!

Beat me to it, Chick!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 03:56:12 PM »
Very nice.  Just out of curiosity, how early did you get to Mumford at the Marcus?

I'd say 45 minutes or so....it was about 3 over priced beers worth of time before they came on  ;)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 03:56:24 PM »
Beat me to it, Chick!

;D

Here's a bonus cut, just because I like you:

You youngsters really missed out on some quality television.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 02:43:28 PM »
On Friday afternoon Mumford announced that they were releasing a mini album in June.  They released one of the songs on iTunes already and they played one of the other songs at the concert in Madison.  Different genre than either their old stuff or their new stuff.  I really like both of the new songs I've heard.  I think the album has 5 or 6 songs on it.

The song they already released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3SqbihJd04

The song they played in Madison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CZ9VGLJ_s

By the way I'm like 99% sure that the girls just to the left of me took this video, just for reference of my point of view at the concert.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »
The mini album they released is awesome. The only song from it I'm not a huge fan of is Si Tu Veux.  Otherwise the other 4 are pretty cool.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 09:43:47 PM »
I love that show!

wow!  do i feel out of it?  at first i thought maybe it was a spelling error and wades did mean sanford...i've honestly never heard of the dudes :-[  i'm too old for "pits"  i think i'll stick with my steely dan-the music, that is ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 09:54:25 PM »
You've got to wash your ass !

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 09:28:12 AM »
wow!  do i feel out of it?  at first i thought maybe it was a spelling error and wades did mean sanford...i've honestly never heard of the dudes :-[  i'm too old for "pits"  i think i'll stick with my steely dan-the music, that is ;D

Steely Dan - Aja.  Great album....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »
Steely Dan - Aja.  Great album....

i love all of their stuff.  i have seen them live twice and i could listen to them all day long.  i know they are in milwaukee on july 16, but i will be out of town...damn!

a litle comical trivia-does anyone know the origin of the band's name? ;) ;) 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 08:35:03 AM »

for decades SD never toured ... until the record sales dropped and they needed the income, they have been touring their asses off ever since

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »

for decades SD never toured ... until the record sales dropped and they needed the income, they have been touring their asses off ever since

I saw a great SD tribute band from Madison at Summerfest last year...I can't recall their name offhand. 
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »

Didn't know, but just looked it up.  lol

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »
Been too busy binge-listening to Hamilton to take the time to check out the Mumford and Sons.   I have their other discs.   I will have to get on the ball. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 07:03:05 PM »
Didn't know, but just looked it up.  lol

i think it was between steely dan and rocket surgeons...tough call, but pretty much the same thing,  kinda ;)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »
This is not a hoax.  100% truthiness here...

The Allen Edmonds 'Lamont':

The Allen Edmonds 'Sanford':

BTW - The AE Sanford looks like it has the most uncomfortable inner ever, but it's actually one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on.  I think it's been discontinued, but if you're a fan, you might land a pair at the Bank or a tent sale.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »

BTW - The AE Sanford looks like it has the most uncomfortable inner ever, but it's actually one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on.  I think it's been discontinued, but if you're a fan, you might land a pair at the Bank or a tent sale.

Can you post pictures of the "Grady" and the "Rollo"?
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »

Buy Florsheim shoes.  Even Will Ferrell says so.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »
Never understood the point of an EP ("mini album") unless someone died or the band was breaking up.

Buckle down, record a few more songs and release a proper album.