[Today at 07:42:14 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: Butler/Bulls Division  (Read 2484 times)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
OT: Butler/Bulls Division
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/report-some-bulls-believe-jimmy-butler-gets-preferential-treatment/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FYI - I'm a die-hard Bulls fan, but I could not be more disappointed and embarrassed to be a Bulls fan after this season.  There's a lot of reasons that go into that, but the biggest reason is the way that they have treated and handled Jimmy Butler.  He is without question the hardest working, committed and dedicated player on their team and, for a variety of bizarre reasons, the organization has done as much as it can to ensure that the level of dysfunction only increases as we head into the offseason. 

As a Bulls fan, I hope Jimmy is the centerpiece of the team next year and moving forward.  As a Jimmy Butler/MU fan, I think he would experience much more success on another team.  Hopefully, the team removes the weak pieces and acquires better pieces around Jimmy so that they can contend next year. 

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: OT: Butler/Bulls Division
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/report-some-bulls-believe-jimmy-butler-gets-preferential-treatment/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FYI - I'm a die-hard Bulls fan, but I could not be more disappointed and embarrassed to be a Bulls fan after this season.  There's a lot of reasons that go into that, but the biggest reason is the way that they have treated and handled Jimmy Butler.  He is without question the hardest working, committed and dedicated player on their team and, for a variety of bizarre reasons, the organization has done as much as it can to ensure that the level of dysfunction only increases as we head into the offseason. 

As a Bulls fan, I hope Jimmy is the centerpiece of the team next year and moving forward.  As a Jimmy Butler/MU fan, I think he would experience much more success on another team.  Hopefully, the team removes the weak pieces and acquires better pieces around Jimmy so that they can contend next year.

OT = Superbar, a''inal?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »

How much does Derek Rose wearing a Knicks Uni fix this?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
It's only going to get worse.

Team needs to be blown up. No Gasol, no Noah. Not sure if they'll actually do it

Derrick will be looking to get his next season, and I don't think playing with Jimmy nicely well work for him.

brandx

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 12:37:27 AM »

Jimmy contributed greatly to the Bulls problems with team chemistry. As responsible as anyone. A semi-star does not have the right to call out the coach during the season.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
They went from a no nonsense hardass in Thibs to a relaxed players' coach in Hoiberg and it backfired because the players walked all over him. That was the #1 issue. A close second was that the roster didn't fit Hoiberg's style of play and he didn't, or couldn't, make the necessary adjustments.

There were also issues with Butler and Rose both thinking they're superstars when neither is...and Gasol deciding to take the season off on D...and an entire lack of communication from players...and Gar/Pax not making any significant moves...and player grumbling that the only veteran leader on the team was the only player dealt...and on and on and on...

The team needs to be blown up, but I don't think Gar/Pax have the stones to do it. Butler to Boston for Smart/Bradley and a couple first rounders, including the Nets' pick? I don't want to see Jimmy traded but that's not a bad way to start a rebuild.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Jerry Reinsdorf on the one hand is a great owner.  He devotes the resources to build champions and has the track record to show for it.

OTOH, he is way too loyal to his guys.  Gar/Pax has been a disaster for awhile.  I have absolutely no idea how Pax didn't get run out of town after his physical altercation with Del Negro.  Kenny Williams should have been run from the White Sox a couple years ago as well.

And yeah Jimmy has a huge part of the blame for what went down with the Bulls this year.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
Love the Bulls and love Jimmy, but as has been said here, he shoulders part of the blame as well.
I hope he is still here next year, but I don't think his best use as a player is bringing the ball up the court as he has been wanting to do.  The first need is a big rim protector to give a little leeway when you are throwing Nico and Doug out there.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
Love the Bulls and love Jimmy, but as has been said here, he shoulders part of the blame as well.
I hope he is still here next year, but I don't think his best use as a player is bringing the ball up the court as he has been wanting to do.  The first need is a big rim protector to give a little leeway when you are throwing Nico and Doug out there.

Perhaps...

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »
he gowne

Seriously, the bulls will do the worst thing for the bulls, which is to let Gasol go and trade Butler for draft picks in a bad draft year. 

In 2 years he'll be a bargain compared to the other hyper inflated contracts to be signed soon.  Smart GM's like Pat Riley or Coleangelo will recognize this. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 06:49:28 AM »
he gowne

Seriously, the bulls will do the worst thing for the bulls, which is to let Gasol go and trade Butler for draft picks in a bad draft year. 

In 2 years he'll be a bargain compared to the other hyper inflated contracts to be signed soon.  Smart GM's like Pat Riley or Coleangelo will recognize this.

Gasol should have been traded at the deadline. He's not part of the team's future. And while I don't have confidence in this front office I highly doubt Butler will be traded for only picks. A team will need to overpay.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM »
he gowne

This is probably the ideal situation for the Bulls.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »
Apparently the Bulls FO believes their issues this season were a result of Noah (and his leadership) being sidelined. Re-signing him is "high priority" for the team.

A past-his-prime center who was benched for poor play and has a history of foot and knee problems? How could he NOT be a high priority?!

SIGH...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
Noah just came out today and said he has no faith in the front office. Hmmmm, not just Jimmy now, pretty significant considering Noah has been the heart and soul of this franchise for the past decade.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »

fear da deers, enn'a hey? 
   boy, jimmy b sure would look good in whatever colors the bucks decide to wear next year ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »
They were talking on the radio today  (music station, not sports talk) about how Jimmy was becoming  kind of an a-hole. Apparently he does not dress with the team any more. He dresses in the trainers room like Michael Jordan used to do.

I love Jimmy,  but he is a long way from MJ level of privilege.
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »
They were talking on the radio today  (music station, not sports talk) about how Jimmy was becoming  kind of an a-hole. Apparently he does not dress with the team any more. He dresses in the trainers room like Michael Jordan used to do.

I love Jimmy,  but he is a long way from MJ level of privilege.

Id be careful with all the rumor and speculation around the Bulls right now, especially from a non-sports/connected source.  Chicago sports fans are notoriously fickle and when things are a dumpster fire, like they are with the Bulls right now, they lash out at the stars.

I don't think he's humble quiet JFB anymore, like he was at Marquette, but I also doubt he's some monster diva.  Shades of grey and such.