collapse

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Maui 2017  (Read 22829 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Maui 2017
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »
Excellent job everyone... this is how we ensure that we'll never have to suffer through another Blue and Gold Classic (or whatever that quarter-ass contest at the Sears was) ever again.

Here is what is available...for MU games. So in the same bleacher section as above, which are high school bleachers. 

#marketingploy

Booster – General Admission…………………………… $390 for all 3 games
South Grandstands – General admission bleacher seating in either the Home or Visitor section of the South Grandstands, behind the team benches.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:40:14 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
For those that may be wondering, tickets will be mailed out in early November. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2017, 10:36:28 AM »
So what did you all end up doing in terms of lodging?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
Condo

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2017, 11:30:12 PM »
Vacation rental Just outside Laha|na.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »
Less than two months away, Scoop... airfare prices haven't really dropped much, so might as well book your seats on the plane if you haven't already.

For anyone planning on arriving to the island early, PM me if you're interested in touring Maui Brewing Co. (the brewery in Kihei, not the restaurant up the road in Kahana) on either Friday or Saturday (17th/18th).  Also, I'm still gaining insight on shorefishing, i.e. hot spots and such, around the island for a possible Friday and/or Saturday morning excursion(s) (depending on what I come up with).

Blue and Gold will likely have pre- and post-game activities planned for all of the games (and maybe something for Monday night as well), so depending on schedule, I'm also gauging feasibility of a daytime foodie-type tour or gathering during the week.

If anyone has suggestions, etc., I certainly welcome others' input.  Doesn't matter whether it's just me and the wife/kids or an ad hoc gathering of a few dozen MU faithful, if you want to get out of the hotel and explore a little bit of the island, everyone is more than welcome to join us.

Mahalo, Haoles... and thank you for your continued interest in Benny's Island Tours, Inc., the unofficial unlicensed Maui tour operator of MUScoop.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »
Less than two months away, Scoop... airfare prices haven't really dropped much, so might as well book your seats on the plane if you haven't already.

For anyone planning on arriving to the island early, PM me if you're interested in touring Maui Brewing Co. (the brewery in Kihei, not the restaurant up the road in Kahana) on either Friday or Saturday (17th/18th).  Also, I'm still gaining insight on shorefishing, i.e. hot spots and such, around the island for a possible Friday and/or Saturday morning excursion(s) (depending on what I come up with).

Blue and Gold will likely have pre- and post-game activities planned for all of the games (and maybe something for Monday night as well), so depending on schedule, I'm also gauging feasibility of a daytime foodie-type tour or gathering during the week.

If anyone has suggestions, etc., I certainly welcome others' input.  Doesn't matter whether it's just me and the wife/kids or an ad hoc gathering of a few dozen MU faithful, if you want to get out of the hotel and explore a little bit of the island, everyone is more than welcome to join us.

Mahalo, Haoles... and thank you for your continued interest in Benny's Island Tours, Inc., the unofficial unlicensed Maui tour operator of MUScoop.

So this is where the Scoop membership fees have been going.  'Bout damn time they've paid off.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
SWA flying to HI but not in time for this year’s tournament.  Good news for future travels.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/apos-official-southwest-airlines-coming-121000051.html

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
Gearing up for MAUI! So, I'm considering buying the package to attend all 3 MUBB games.  My wife and our travel buddies only want to go to the first game.  Would we be able to sit together if I buy the package and they just buy a ticket the day of the game?  Is it hard to get individual tickets at the box office the day of?  For some reason they find it more appealing to be outside than watch basketball when in Hawaii.   

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »
So I saw in my Facebook feed that MarquetteStyle has just come out with a bunch of Hawaiian-print clothing in Marquette colors:

https://marquettestyle.com/builder#/products/Marquette-Hawaiian-Shop?basketIndex=36

They promise delivery in time for the Maui tournament if you order by October 31.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »
Gearing up for MAUI! So, I'm considering buying the package to attend all 3 MUBB games.  My wife and our travel buddies only want to go to the first game.  Would we be able to sit together if I buy the package and they just buy a ticket the day of the game?  Is it hard to get individual tickets at the box office the day of?  For some reason they find it more appealing to be outside than watch basketball when in Hawaii.

Generally speaking, no and no.  The seats in the ticket package will put you in different sections than the single game, all-day and all-tourney tickets.

So I saw in my Facebook feed that MarquetteStyle has just come out with a bunch of Hawaiian-print clothing in Marquette colors:

https://marquettestyle.com/builder#/products/Marquette-Hawaiian-Shop?basketIndex=36

They promise delivery in time for the Maui tournament if you order by October 31.

This is exactly what I was talking about several months ago.  If you're going to buy this schlock, please please please don't wear it on the island.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

This is exactly what I was talking about several months ago.  If you're going to buy this schlock, please please please don't wear it on the island.

Chillax, bro.  It's displaying school spirit, not trying to be the sharpest-dressed person on the island.  I wear lots of stuff to Marquette games I wouldn't wear out in public.

And I think anyone who is such a Hawaiian-shirt purist as yourself would shudder of the thought of slapping a logo on an authentic one.

And this clothing is handmade to order in Milwaukee.  You got something against American jobs?
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »
Chillax, bro.  It's displaying school spirit, not trying to be the sharpest-dressed person on the island.  I wear lots of stuff to Marquette games I wouldn't wear out in public.

And I think anyone who is such a Hawaiian-shirt purist as yourself would shudder of the thought of slapping a logo on an authentic one.

And this clothing is handmade to order in Milwaukee.  You got something against American jobs?

I'm far from a Hawaiian shirt purist, but one of the benefits of Maui this year is going to be watching what the ND fans are wearing.  Take for instance:

This actually looks kind of tame compared to the Marquette Style offerings.  Not so easy to crack a chuckle at the Domers' expense when our own fans are wearing this: or this:

That said, the women's dress and the men's pattern tops from M-Style are actually quite passable.  It was the two above examples and the panel leggings that triggered my initial reaction.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:15 PM »
I guess you will have a good conversation starter with Jimmy Mac, then, because I promise you he will be wearing those pants.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »
I guess you will have a good conversation starter with Jimmy Mac, then, because I promise you he will be wearing those pants.

Isn't Mac gowne?  Or is this going to be is last year?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »
Isn't Mac gowne?  Or is this going to be is last year?

Pretty sure this is his last year. If he gowne, we'd already know who his replacement is by now.

Plus, free trip to Hawaii.
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »

Seriously.  The shirts are ridiculous and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one outside of a Marquette game, but they're kind of fun.  Would be way better if the actual Hawaiian shirt had an MU logo on it somewhere.  The polo one is pretty awful.

edit: holy sh*t, those shirts are $100.  Wow...no chance.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:41:02 PM by QuentinJamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »
Got my Maui tickets today from MU

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2017, 02:30:38 PM »
To any Scoopers (including friends, family and well-wishers) heading to Maui next week, Benny has the 3:15p tour at Maui Brewing Company blocked off on Sunday Nov 19.

Group is limited to 16, no children under the age of 10, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.  Tour is at the Kihei Brewery location, 605 Lipoa Pkwy, Kihei, HI (you will need a car or Uber as it's about a 30-45 minute drive from the team hotel).

PM me if interested.

EDIT: We can also do this on Saturday 11/18... let me know if either (or both) days would work.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:26:59 AM by Benny B »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2017, 01:46:12 AM »
To any Scoopers (including friends, family and well-wishers) heading to Maui next week, Benny has the 3:15p tour at Maui Brewing Company blocked off on Sunday Nov 19.

Group is limited to 16, no children under the age of 10, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.  Tour is at the Kihei Brewery location, 605 Lipoa Pkwy, Kihei, HI (you will need a car or Uber as it's about a 30-45 minute drive from the team hotel).

PM me if interested.

Thanks Benjamin. We share the love of their Coconut Porter. On a boat on Sunday, but hope to meet up with your gang this trip. MBC is a fine tour.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
Thanks Benjamin. We share the love of their Coconut Porter. On a boat on Sunday, but hope to meet up with your gang this trip. MBC is a fine tour.

A couple people have said they'd be up for it on Saturday, too.  I know many are arriving OGG that day, but if there's more interest for Saturday, I have no problem moving it up a day... simply trying to maximize opportunities for all.

Sport fishing or pleasure cruise?  Was contemplating renting a boat myself one of the days, but still trying to get my wife on board (pun intended) with the idea.

In any event, won't be hard to spot me... I'll be the one schlepping three young kids and an au pair around.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:25:43 AM by Benny B »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2017, 02:23:39 PM »
A couple people have said they'd be up for it on Saturday, too.  I know many are arriving OGG that day, but if there's more interest for Saturday, I have no problem moving it up a day... simply trying to maximize opportunities for all.

Sport fishing or pleasure cruise?  Was contemplating renting a boat myself one of the days, but still trying to get my wife on board (pun intended) with the idea.

In any event, won't be hard to spot me... I'll be the one schlepping three young kids and an au pair around.

Pleasure cruise. I think I have a couple’s message scheduled Saturday for me before “it’s all basketball all the time”.

feedback