'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Howard  (Read 32232 times)

HoopsterBC

• All American
Re: Howard
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
or he is not aiming high enough

That might be a very good point.  Right now they just need an average 6'8" player with some muscle, has to be a grad student somewhere that can see that they can
start on a pretty good team next year!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
Lets see, he was after Damion Lee, Shonn Miller, Darrell Willis, Bruno Fernandez, for starters,  he is really trying hard for a ton of kids now, which means
besides Howard,  not sure if anybody is interested.  Heard very little about 2017.  I would say if he does not get Howard, he will be struggling.    How do you see
it? 

I am seeing that he landed a top ten 2015 class.  Has two top 100 recruits for 2016 (one who wont be here until 2018), and could land another top 40 one today if he reclassifies and chooses Marquette. 

Hardly struggling.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 09:08:07 AM »
My gut says we land him. My head says we need him big time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »
Lets see, he was after Damion Lee, Shonn Miller, Darrell Willis, Bruno Fernandez, for starters,  he is really trying hard for a ton of kids now, which means
besides Howard,  not sure if anybody is interested.  Heard very little about 2017.  I would say if he does not get Howard, he will be struggling.    How do you see
it?

Were we really going after Fernando or was that just a half a$$ed offer we threw out there? Either way if you look at the disappointments you're gonna be disappointed I view it as Carlino, Cohen, Henry, Haanif, Traci, Sacar, Bailey, Houser. Sought after grad transfer, 5 top 100s and a top 150 plus Sacar isn't too shabby.
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »
Were we really going after Fernando or was that just a half a$$ed offer we threw out there?

Wojo visited him 3 times since January (twice in Florida & once in NJ/NY). MU definitely tried getting Bruno to visit. Just didn't seem interested in leaving the south (SMU, nc state, and FSU as his top 3)

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
Wojo visited him 3 times since January (twice in Florida & once in NJ/NY). MU definitely tried getting Bruno to visit. Just didn't seem interested in leaving the south (SMU, nc state, and FSU as his top 3)

I'd always thought it was Khalif or a transfer. Bruno seemed like a pipe dream.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2016, 09:46:18 AM »

I am seeing that he landed a top ten 2015 class.  Has two top 100 recruits for 2016 (one who wont be here until 2018), and could land another top 40 one today if he reclassifies and chooses Marquette. 

Hardly struggling.
I would say he is struggling, because he keeps recruiting the same type of player. Are we back to the Crean years, where we could not recruit bigs. Only time will tell.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
I'd always thought it was Khalif or a transfer. Bruno seemed like a pipe dream.

Agreed, was very small chance with Bruno. Wojo "liking" ten of his tweets since January was also interesting, but showed he definitely wanted him.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2016, 10:02:25 AM »
I would say he is struggling, because he keeps recruiting the same type of player. Are we back to the Crean years, where we could not recruit bigs. Only time will tell.

Keeps recruiting the same type of player?
So Henry Ellenson and Matt Heldt are the same type of player as Traci Carter and Markus Howard?
Sacar Anim and Sam Hauser are the same type of player?
Wojo landed two top 100ish bigs in his first recruiting class, including a McDonald's AA, but now he can't get bigs?
Huh.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
I find it very curious that as of yet we have seen no mention of MU being involved with any grad transfer bigs. You'd have thought by now, SOMETHING would have leaked. I know they have made contact with Katin Reinhardt but he's a Guard. If Wojo can't/doesn't get a REALLY GOOD PF grad transfer in here then he is definitely struggling with recruiting. To me, by now, there should have been a parade of offers/visits lined up by grad transfer bigs...but we haven't heard a peep. Is Wojo even pursuing anyone?? Or does he think "we'll get by next year", because if he does...There's something seriously wrong. Because of the connections...Savon Goodman seemed/seems like a very logical get, yet there's been nothing on that front. That's just to name one, there are several others that his focus should be on as well. You can't drag your feet on these guys...or they will be gone. You absolutely have to zero in on your one or two guys you want and pounce...ASAP.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
Keeps recruiting the same type of player?
So Henry Ellenson and Matt Heldt are the same type of player as Traci Carter and Markus Howard?
Sacar Anim and Sam Hauser are the same type of player?
Wojo landed two top 100ish bigs in his first recruiting class, including a McDonald's AA, but now he can't get bigs?
Huh.

I don't think this is really fair Pakuni...lest we forget those are both in state kids...that makes it A LOT easier to pull them in(not always guaranteed, but much easier). When he can pull in a top 50ish big from say Georgia or Carolina or somewhere else, then it's fair to say he can recruit bigs...But I can't really count in state kids.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 10:08:11 AM »
Wojo is a lot more private with his recruiting. Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean it's not happening
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 10:11:30 AM »
When is Howard announcing today?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »
I find it very curious that as of yet we have seen no mention of MU being involved with any grad transfer bigs. You'd have thought by now, SOMETHING would have leaked.

Wojo offered Darrell Bowie (6'8 PF) grad transfer from Milwaukee (Northern Illinois) but he chose Iowa State instead, a few weeks back.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »
You guys do know that assuming Markus commits we're at 13, right? So did it occur tosome of you that mamaybe someone isv waiting on HE?  ::)

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
Can Wojo really go public with anything on a PF until Henry announces?  Seems to me he doesn't have an open spot until Henry gives his up.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
You guys do know that assuming Markus commits we're at 13, right? So did it occur tosome of you that mamaybe someone isv waiting on HE?  ::)

Could be, but I think you still have to be talking to kids if it was a case of the waiting game... would be great if there was a good grad transfer that wanted to come, but was just holding off to get an update on Henry..

#JjJtoPF

BTW, the new NCAA rules do seem to put some teams into a bit of a bind, a''inal? Interesting times...

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
When is Howard announcing today?

No time given.  He's posting a video on twitter that his brother created for him.

Markus Howard ‏@markushoward11  Apr 1
I will be releasing a video made by my brother @JordaniHoward about which school I will be attending Sunday, April 3rd as well. Stay tuned
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »
Wojo is a lot more private with his recruiting. Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean it's not happening

Really? I think he's pretty open and transparent. Who on our roster didn't we know was an MU target?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
Could be, but I think you still have to be talking to kids if it was a case of the waiting game... would be great if there was a good grad transfer that wanted to come, but was just holding off to get an update on Henry..

#JjJtoPF

BTW, the new NCAA rules do seem to put some teams into a bit of a bind, a''inal? Interesting times...

Totally agree JB.  Now we're all rightfully confident that the Ellenson family is totally keeping Wojo in the loop that according to BD might involve 2 slots. Certainly we're all better off once we have further clarity. No doubt replacement players are being asked to wait. Bruno decided not to. All's good.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »
No time given.  He's posting a video on twitter that his brother created for him.

Markus Howard ‏@markushoward11  Apr 1
I will be releasing a video made by my brother @JordaniHoward about which school I will be attending Sunday, April 3rd as well. Stay tuned
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 10:30:27 AM »
Really? I think he's pretty open and transparent. Who on our roster didn't we know was an MU target?

That comes from the kids directly, not the coaching staff/Wojo.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »
That comes from the kids directly, not the coaching staff/Wojo.

That's my point...someone in the national media always tweets out interest from grad transfers ta some point, because they ask the kids...and so far, none of them have mentioned MU. Wojo's not waiting on Henry. I'm sure he's known for a long time what Henry was going to do. It's not a big secret. Certainly not to Wojo it isn't.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »

Appears ta be a devil in his tweet. Could be foreshadowin' ASU, hey?

Satan Tracker

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »
That's my point...someone in the national media always tweets out interest from grad transfers ta some point, because they ask the kids...and so far, none of them have mentioned MU. Wojo's not waiting on Henry. I'm sure he's known for a long time what Henry was going to do. It's not a big secret. Certainly not to Wojo it isn't.

It's early April, how many grad transfers are to still come?  I think the list is far from being done.