collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 251136 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #1575 on: May 26, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »
  "Fun fact: Favre's final throw in 3 straight seasons, with 3 different teams, was an INT. He only couldn't go 4 for 4 because he was concussed by the frozen field of TCF Bank Stadium"

another fun fact-bret's first career pass with falcons went for a TD...by the other team ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1576 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58:02 AM »
  "Fun fact: Favre's final throw in 3 straight seasons, with 3 different teams, was an INT. He only couldn't go 4 for 4 because he was concussed by the frozen field of TCF Bank Stadium"

another fun fact-bret's first career pass with falcons went for a TD...by the other team ::)

Favre's first career completion was to a hall of famer.  I'll let you guys guess before posting the answer.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #1577 on: May 27, 2017, 06:31:26 AM »
Favre's first career completion was to a hall of famer.  I'll let you guys guess before posting the answer.

Wasn't it himself?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1578 on: May 27, 2017, 07:15:45 AM »
Who played for da Milwaukee Braves, Milwaukee Bucks, and da Green Bay Packers, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #1579 on: May 27, 2017, 07:45:47 AM »
Who played for da Milwaukee Braves, Milwaukee Bucks, and da Green Bay Packers, hey?
Is it the master of his organ Frank Charles?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1580 on: May 27, 2017, 08:51:58 AM »
Wasn't it himself?

Winner winner chicken dinner

Pass batted at the line that went right back to him.  I learned this a few years ago during a Packers game, when Fox (IIRC) used that as an in game trivia question.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1581 on: May 27, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
Is it the master of his organ Frank Charles?

Dude could get his organ hummin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1582 on: May 30, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Bears signed Victor Cruz. Not like it's actually going to matter though.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1583 on: July 18, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
"Kurt" Cousins to da Bears in 2018

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1584 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:42 PM »
Fun stats ..

The Average NFL Fan Will Watch 23.5 Hours Of Commercials And Only 4.1 Hours Of Game Action This Season

https://www.streamingobserver.com/the-average-nfl-fan-will-watch-23-5-hours-of-commercials-this-season/

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1585 on: August 01, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »
Fun stats ..

The Average NFL Fan Will Watch 23.5 Hours Of Commercials And Only 4.1 Hours Of Game Action This Season

https://www.streamingobserver.com/the-average-nfl-fan-will-watch-23-5-hours-of-commercials-this-season/

An NFL game takes 3hrs 15 minutes to play. In those 3hrs 15 minutes there are approximately 11 minutes of actual "action".

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1586 on: August 04, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
  the dolphins have themselves a little conundrum with a capital "C".  tannehill may be out...for A WHILE.  their starter as of today is no bernie kosar(matt moore).

you KNOW if they don't pick up mr kaepernick, the not so silent minority is gonna burn down old joe robbie.  the other conundrum is that miami is filled with A LOT of people still holding a little grudge against el jefe who will burn down joe robbie if #7 suits up in dolphin uniform

so what's the big deal?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1587 on: August 04, 2017, 06:53:28 PM »
  the dolphins have themselves a little conundrum with a capital "C".  tannehill may be out...for A WHILE.  their starter as of today is no bernie kosar(matt moore).

you KNOW if they don't pick up mr kaepernick, the not so silent minority is gonna burn down old joe robbie.  the other conundrum is that miami is filled with A LOT of people still holding a little grudge against el jefe who will burn down joe robbie if #7 suits up in dolphin uniform

so what's the big deal?

Cutler has a history with Gase, and a positive one.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1588 on: August 04, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »
Cutler has a history with Gase, and a positive one.

No question is a dumb one right?  Who/what is gase? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1589 on: August 04, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
Yeah and Cutler is the far better quarterback, which is embarrassing to say. People say it's the politics. The fact of the matter is it's the lack of quarterbacking ability. I'd take a chance on Cutler and Romo before I'd give Kaepernik a shot, and that's simply on football ability. But people are only upset about Kaepernik.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1590 on: August 04, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
No question is a dumb one right?  Who/what is gase?

Adam Gase is the Dolphins' head coach. He was the Bears' offensive coordinator in 2015, which also was arguably Cutler's best season (best rating; second-lowest INT%; 2nd highest yds/att; etc).

Although I often criticize Cutler (and for good reason IMHO), I agree with wades and would rather have him at QB than Kaepernick, who has been mediocre in the three seasons since SF's Super Bowl appearance. Kind of like choosing herpes over gonorrhea, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1591 on: August 04, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
A chancre is still a chancre, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1592 on: August 04, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
I am going to be so sad if the Dolphins deprive me of Cutler calling Bears games. I honestly think he'll be better than Romo because he won't be like Gruden and incapable of criticising players and coaches.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1593 on: August 05, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
I am going to be so sad if the Dolphins deprive me of Cutler calling Bears games. I honestly think he'll be better than Romo because he won't be like Gruden and incapable of criticising players and coaches.
Actually, Cutler is supposed to be pretty good as an analyst.

Was listening to his partner in a sports talk show while driving home from Florida and the general thought was NOBODY was better prepared for the simulated test game in which he was auditioned than Cutler. Apparently, Cutler had reached out to his partner, done the homework and was ready to go.

That's why he was hired so fast. He should do well.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1594 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »
Fun stats ..

That's when the DVR is your friend.  I watch most Packers games in about an hour.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1595 on: August 05, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »
Resident Dolphins fan here. First off, the Tannehill injury really sucks from an organizational standpoint. His deal was structured to facilitate letting him go after this year with no dead money if he didn't take another step forward. He showed a lot of really great signs last year and was making some really tough throws, and then the injury. I imagine that they'll have to angle for a cut and re-sign now, and its going to be really interesting to see how much money other teams are willing to offer to take the chance that the injury doesn't make him a different player.

That being said, I think they have to bring in Cutler or Kaep or look to make a trade. I actually really like Matt Moore (Jay Fielder was one of my favorite Dolphins of all time, which seems relevant to my feelings on Moore for some reason) but Moore isn't going to make a deep run, and this roster is built to contend now. Depending on how Gase wants to structure the offense, Cutler has shown he can make a lot of the tough throws that Tannehill started making last year, or Kaep's legs enable a west coast, quick drop style with a running component. Either way, I'd rather roll the dice with one of those guys and maybe only win 5 games in a great QB draft class year than win 7 or 8 games with Moore.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1596 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »
Resident Dolphins fan here. First off, the Tannehill injury really sucks from an organizational standpoint. His deal was structured to facilitate letting him go after this year with no dead money if he didn't take another step forward. He showed a lot of really great signs last year and was making some really tough throws, and then the injury. I imagine that they'll have to angle for a cut and re-sign now, and its going to be really interesting to see how much money other teams are willing to offer to take the chance that the injury doesn't make him a different player.

That being said, I think they have to bring in Cutler or Kaep or look to make a trade. I actually really like Matt Moore (Jay Fielder was one of my favorite Dolphins of all time, which seems relevant to my feelings on Moore for some reason) but Moore isn't going to make a deep run, and this roster is built to contend now. Depending on how Gase wants to structure the offense, Cutler has shown he can make a lot of the tough throws that Tannehill started making last year, or Kaep's legs enable a west coast, quick drop style with a running component. Either way, I'd rather roll the dice with one of those guys and maybe only win 5 games in a great QB draft class year than win 7 or 8 games with Moore.

MU, as you mention "resident fan", i'm assuming you live in/around miami.  that being said, how would miami/florida fans accept kaep?  i'm asking because you may have a better pulse and i do not mean to turn this into anything other than what i asked.  just an honest opinion from one who lives in and around the  fans as opposed to some sports guy with an agenda

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1597 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
MU, as you mention "resident fan", i'm assuming you live in/around miami.  that being said, how would miami/florida fans accept kaep?  i'm asking because you may have a better pulse and i do not mean to turn this into anything other than what i asked.  just an honest opinion from one who lives in and around the  fans as opposed to some sports guy with an agenda

oh no worries - I actually meant resident on scoop, haha - I live in WI. But i can see how what i wrote was totally misleading. That being said, I've been a big fan for a long time, so I like to think I have a decent read on the team.

My take (fwiw) is that Kaep's comments on Castro - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/24/colin-kaepernick-grilled-by-miami-dolphins-reporter-over-fidel-castro-shirt/?utm_term=.9ab46e345af4, which I don't think he realized would get so much attention and weren't particularly well thought through, would be more problematic for the fanbase than his kneeling during the national anthem, etc. http://deadspin.com/dan-le-batard-colin-kaepernick-like-much-of-america-1789444878

Actually, I think Miami would have been one of the best places for him if it were just the anthem, police takes, etc. - the combination of the immigrant/racial minority populations there, and the "showtime" Miami beach vibe would have been more accepting/less preoccupied with the activism than most other NFL fanbases. I think Los Angeles would be similar in that respect. The Cuba stuff, though, might be a really big deal in southern Florida, and could lead to its own local protests and blowback, even though it wouldn't cause a second thought in, say, Baltimore or Seattle.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:07:30 PM by MUBurrow »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1598 on: August 06, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »
Cutler to the Dolphins. Still am going to miss him in Chicago.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1599 on: August 06, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
Cutler to the Dolphins. Still am going to miss him in Chicago.

God, I hope he has an all-pro season, just would make everything right in the NFL.