collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 249150 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #775 on: October 17, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
MLB has definitely gotten better than what it use to be, however I still think they still go after non-team blogs for showing highlights or stuff showing up on youtube.

They do, but their digital platform is the best. It's not like the NFL's crap, you want MLB replays, MLB gives them to you within minutes. Much like the NBA on Vine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »
Lacy to IR.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #777 on: October 20, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »
Can't recall ever being less excited about a Bears Pack game than I am for tonight.
I also feel like the previous sentence isn't grammatically correct.

Season can't end soon enough.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #778 on: October 20, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »
Big fight for positioning in the NFC North 2nd place race! Good luck, lil divisional buddies!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »

Dear Minnesotans,

How many world championships do the Vikings have?

Signed,
Your Big Brothers in Green Bay  & Chicago

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
Dear Minnesotans,

How many world championships do the Vikings have?

Signed,
Your Big Brothers Dad in Green Bay  &  Big Brother in Chicago

FIFY.

I remember when winning a Division felt important or like a big accomplishment.

Wait, nevermind.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
This will be the least watched Bears/Pack game that I can remember.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2016, 07:53:29 PM »
Pack already getting questionable PI calls in Lambeau, hey?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
Both of these teams are terrible, burn this first half game tape.

jesmu84

• All American

wadesworld

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brandx

« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2016, 07:58:17 AM »
Nobody cares if he beats his wife. The Giants, the NFL, Scoop. I posted about this a while back and there was zero discussion.

I wrote:

Exactly. Why hasn't Gooddell called Brown in to answer for the 20 allegations?

Brady is called in and punished for not answering. Matthews and Peppers have been told they will be punished for not answering.

Yet, Brown is not even questioned about abuse report after abuse report after abuse report - many of which are documented by police.

The answer is simple and clear. It was made clear with the minimal punishment of Rice (which was only increased after a public outcry) and now Brown. The NFL policy was clear with Kevin Hardy. Beating women is strictly a PR problem to Roger - nothing more.

Beating women is a very, very minimal offense in the NFL. However, taking the wrong substance to help your body recover from the beating it takes is a major criminal offense.

Women would be treated better with Drumpf as NFL Commissioner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »
It is absolutely bizarre how the NFL can continue to trip itself up over and over again on the same exact issue.  And why the Giants just don't drop him I can't figure out either.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »
The level of cluelessness at the NFL executive level is staggering. I'm not sure why the NFL can't f' this up over and over again. Zero tolerance policy and be done, why is this hard.

FYI, this is part of why NFL rankings are tanking....people are starting to actually care about the non-football parts of the game.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2016, 09:43:23 AM »
The level of cluelessness at the NFL executive level is staggering. I'm not sure why the NFL can't f' this up over and over again. Zero tolerance policy and be done, why is this hard.

Because Goodell is inept. Has zero PR understanding or ability. He's made the owners money, but he's also hurting the league with his office's inability to handle these type of situations.

Over the past 5 years, far too many of NFL's top stories are controversies that have involved his office. In many cases, these stories have come to overshadow what the fans really care about, the players and plays on the field.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »
Giants signed Gould, and my guess would be that after he makes a few kicks Sunday they will cut Brown.  And help him to "get the treatment he needs."

Although McAdoo doubled down this morning:

Quote from: Twitter Tracker
Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal  3h3 hours ago
McAdoo: I went around to each position room and let the players know our decision with Josh (Brown).

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal  3h3 hours ago
McAdoo: It was a tough conversation with Josh. ... We're not going to turn our back on Josh.

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal  3h3 hours ago Hounslow, London
Well that McAdoo session was one of the more uncomfortable press conferences I've seen.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:50:35 AM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2016, 10:49:11 AM »
Giants signed Gould, and my guess would be that after he makes a few kicks Sunday they will cut Brown.  And help him to "get the treatment he needs."

And he may need treatment, and that's great.

I also don't think people should be banned permanently, but if you say your going to have a six game, zero tolerance policy...then have one.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
Because Goodell is inept. Has zero PR understanding or ability. He's made the owners money, but he's also hurting the league with his office's inability to handle these type of situations.

Over the past 5 years, far too many of NFL's top stories are controversies that have involved his office. In many cases, these stories have come to overshadow what the fans really care about, the players and plays on the field.

I honestly think the blame goes to the contentious relationship between the NFL and the NFLPA. Every decision has become political. Even something that should be a bipartisan no brainer like this becomes a card to play. Whose to blame for the relationship? Fault on both sides honestly
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »
I honestly think the blame goes to the contentious relationship between the NFL and the NFLPA. Every decision has become political. Even something that should be a bipartisan no brainer like this becomes a card to play. Whose to blame for the relationship? Fault on both sides honestly

I'd argue the dictator is usually more at fault in that kind of caustic relationship.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »
His press conference today was certainly interesting. It was especially interesting being there in person.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:28 PM »
His press conference today was certainly interesting. It was especially interesting being there in person.

#humblebrag?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
I hope this doesn't affect the ratings.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »

I actually don't think this is a "bipartisan no brainer" in their eyes.  The NFLPA wants their players to play and resents when Goodell exercises his vast power to suspend players.

As evidence, the NFLPA appealed Rice's and Hardy's suspensions.  So if he doesn't suspend players like Brown, the NFLPA is just fine with that.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »

I actually don't think this is a "bipartisan no brainer" in their eyes.  The NFLPA wants their players to play and resents when Goodell exercises his vast power to suspend players.

As evidence, the NFLPA appealed Rice's and Hardy's suspensions.  So if he doesn't suspend players like Brown, the NFLPA is just fine with that.

Well we know one player that isn't fine with it...

Quote from: Twitter Tracker

Steve Smith Sr.
1d
You know what if your ex-wife was my daughter yo ASS would be on IR....  what a shame NFL acts like it cares

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt