[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 251171 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 09:16:12 AM »

Everything about that was why college football is so awesome, so terrible, and why I love it so much.  Including the head coach with the cadence of a southern preacher.

It was like an episode of Ballers, the entire saga was incredible to watch unfold on live tv.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
In terms of Floyd, it's a boom or bust pick.  It fills a need and the ceiling is high (as the floor is low). If this was their guy and they were confident the NYG were going to take him I respect the conviction to go get him. 

It sounds like the reason for his lack of productivity in terms of pure numbers in college is how Georgia used him - he did not have a consistent role. 

I don't like the McClellin comparison simply because it is a different front office and coaching staff, it sounds like Floyd is more explosive, and I don't believe they are going to miscast him as a d-lineman who puts his hand in the dirt like the previous regime did with McClellan.  It also sounds like he should be able to put on some more muscle and add strength.

Ultimately, Fox and Fangio have pretty good track records so if Floyd was the guy they and the front office wanted I'm going to put my trust in their evaluations for now. 

Seems like their is still plenty of D-line depth available and the Bears still need help in the secondary.     

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
I believe he's admitted that he'll likely need microfracture surgery at some point before too long. He's potentially a guy who plays 2-3 years and is done. Obviously, all these guys are, but most NFL teams don't want to take any chances with medical red flags, especially early in the draft.

I totally get this, and cant really criticize a team for not taking him. At that same time, that timeframe aligns loosely with the Aaron Rodgers window. Not even close to Ted Thompson's style, but if he can give you three good year (big if, I know), and who knows after that, I'd have to think about it, depending on exactly where that pick is and alternatives available of course. The doctors always win these arguments - as they probably should.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »
Thought it was gonna be Ragland or Jack for GB.  But read that both had medical issues.

Don't know much about this DT,  but seems like a solid pick with BJ gone.

all i know about ken clark is what ESPN said during the pick-he's big, pretty fast for his size, but most importantly, he was a leader and captain, i believe for UCLA's defense.  i like the captain thingy though.  oh, and no bong hits or caught dancing to any justin bieber songs on the internet-we'll start there and can only move up!
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »

Everything about that was why college football is so awesome, so terrible, and why I love it so much.  Including the head coach with the cadence of a southern preacher.

How is Tunsil saying he took money from a coach not more of a story? Or the fact that when that topic was pressed, his interview was immediately cut off.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »
How is Tunsil saying he took money from a coach not more of a story? Or the fact that when that topic was pressed, his interview was immediately cut off.

It's an Ole Miss story,  not a Tunsil one.   A poor ass 21 year old texted a coach asking for $ for his mom,  and the coach obliged.

Todd McShay had a hot take and called out Tunsil for being immature about telling reporters the truth.  F him.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 06:48:04 PM »
It's an Ole Miss story,  not a Tunsil one.   A poor ass 21 year old texted a coach asking for $ for his mom,  and the coach obliged.

Todd McShay had a hot take and called out Tunsil for being immature about telling reporters the truth.  F him.

I didn't mean it had to be about Tunsil. Just about the story in general. Let's all stop pretending that significant impermissible benefits don't change hands. Yea, I know, it's a "don't ask, don't tell" situation with anyone who knows about high-level college sports. But make it public, crying out loud.

I wish every player who got some benefit would immediately stand up there at the draft (or just after) and tell the truth. Eventually, the NCAA, schools, etc aren't going to be able to hide the blatant rule breaking that's going on.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
Super Bowl, homeboy.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2016, 02:32:19 PM »
All in all, pleased with the Bears' draft. I felt they reached for Floyd. But in the second and third rounds, when their guy was taken ahead of them, they traded down and gathered more picks. I loved the Bullard pick. And I think Whitehair will be a successful pro.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:24:19 PM by jesmu84 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »
Kinda sad that Lowry went to the Packers, admittedly a good pick for them though. I'm probably over thinking it but I wonder if it will affect him being from Illinois and going to Northwestern and then being drafted by the Packers. I'm sure once he gets that first pay check hell be alright.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »

Poor ass 21 year old.....break my heart....looks like he was able to spend money on other things...priorities, priorities, priorities.   Some people are "poor" because they spend money...poorly.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
Kinda sad that Lowry went to the Packers, admittedly a good pick for them though. I'm probably over thinking it but I wonder if it will affect him being from Illinois and going to Northwestern and then being drafted by the Packers. I'm sure once he gets that first pay check hell be alright.

He's alright now.  It's a job.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »

Bulaga didn't have a problem with it. Usually going to one of the best franchises in pro sports is welcomed, his words, not mine.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
Bulaga didn't have a problem with it. Usually going to one of the best franchises in pro sports is welcomed, his words, not mine.

I know, I'm just thinking of it from a fans perspective. Not as a job. Happy for Lowry to get drafted as high as he did. Still awaiting a tweet though about getting drafted  :P

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is this a serious or sarcastic post?

I don't care where you're from, who you cheer for growing up...all that matters is who drafts you.

brandx

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
All in all, pleased with the Bears' draft. I felt they reached for Floyd. But in the second and third rounds, when their guy was taken ahead of them, they drafted down and gathered more picks. I loved the Bullard pick. And I think Whitehair will be a successful pro.

The biggest key to success in drafting is having more picks than the other guys.

A very inexact science - the more picks you have, the better chance of striking gold.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »
packers tj lang welcomes new OT jason spriggs to green bay-

Welcome Spriggs!  I chew skoal wintergreen and like my coffee 2 creams, 2 sugars.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is this a serious or sarcastic post?

I don't care where you're from, who you cheer for growing up...all that matters is who drafts you.

+73

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:59 PM »
I heard on the news that both his parents are Marquette grads.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2016, 11:14:46 PM »
Poor ass 21 year old.....break my heart....looks like he was able to spend money on other things...priorities, priorities, priorities.   Some people are "poor" because they spend money...poorly.

so you've never accepted a cocktail, beer, glass of wine, hit, bump or tab from someone without giving them $?  or have you always been substance free?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2016, 10:33:49 AM »
so you've never accepted a cocktail, beer, glass of wine, hit, bump or tab from someone without giving them $?  or have you always been substance free?

Drug free.

Yes, I've accepted beer, glass of wine, cocktail.  I'm also not naive, this wasn't his first hit and it doesn't take much looking to prove that out. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »
friends don't let friends take pics/videos of you doing a bong hit with a gas mask costing you roughly $8 mil

whoever posted that video better have access to a good bodyguard,preferably one with navy seal training and rambo-like mentality, food taster, bomb sniffing dogs and taekwondo instructor-i'm sure i may have missed some things

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »
Drug free.

Yes, I've accepted beer, glass of wine, cocktail.  I'm also not naive, this wasn't his first hit and it doesn't take much looking to prove that out.
But that wasn't your point.  Your point was that he chose to spend money on pot and therefore had to ask a coach for money for his Mom.  An accusation for which you have exactly zero personal knowledge (which is shocking btw). 

It would be like me seeing a picture of you on Facebook having a glass of wine at a friends house and assuming you are constantly mooching off your social circle.  Could my assessment be accurate?  Absolutely.  Should I put it forth as fact?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2016, 08:12:31 AM »

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/dean-lowry-savors-new-view-of-packers-bears-b99729774z1-380356941.html