[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ  (Read 11399 times)

warriorfan 14

• Starter
JJJ
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:56:44 PM »
So did I miss something? Why was jjj sitting so much at the end. Duane was just terrible, taking wild shots and missing layups. Sandy is very short of confidence. So I have no idea why these 2 were preferred to a player who has been hot the past few games. Wojo's substitution patterns and inconsistencies continue to confuse me. Poor game for wojo in this one.

Frustrated with this loss. It seems that as soon as you gain some hope with this team, they let you down

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: JJJ
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »
As I raged at last time... Wojo has a loooooooooooooong way to go in coaching situations.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:59:19 PM »
I dont see why the play at the end was to have Wilson shoot the 3. Ridiculous.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:01:20 PM »
the possession that really killed us was right out of a timeout we stand around and then henry jacks up a contested 3 with 2 seconds on the shot clock....terrible.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »
the possession that really killed us was right out of a timeout we stand around and then henry jacks up a contested 3 with 2 seconds on the shot clock....terrible.

Called a timeout when there was no reason to.  Creighton changes up defenses and MU doesn't respond.  I don't get why coaches use timeouts in those situations.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:46 PM »
I dont see why, when down 1 with the shot clock 6 seconds ahead of the game clock you don't foul.

Worst case when fouling: Down 3 with 30 seconds.

Best case when not fouling: Down 1 with 7 seconds left.

I'd take t he worst case when fouling everytime. At least then you can set something up, when you don't foul at best your getting a desperation last second shot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »
I dont see why, when down 1 with the shot clock 6 seconds ahead of the game clock you don't foul.

Worst case when fouling: Down 3 with 30 seconds.

Best case when not fouling: Down 1 with 7 seconds left.

I'd take t he worst case when fouling everytime. At least then you can set something up, when you don't foul at best your getting a desperation last second shot.

I don't agree.  Marquette gets the rebound of that missed shot and they have a chance to win.  They didn't get the rebound.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »
The last minute was terrible coaching. Stupid timeout that silenced a raucous crowd. Horrible play that resulted in n points. Not fouling when down 1. Just inexplicable.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 09:06:46 PM »
Bad coaching,you have to start a point guard, not Wilson. The bad juju started right out of the gate, we should not lose to these guys at home. We have much more talent and I believe they
scored more points in the paint than we did. He needs to sit Cohen, hes slow and absent.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 09:07:30 PM »
Maybe doing a Ners impression, but I don't get why our best shooter and one of the best passers on the team got so few minutes, and wasn't in when we needed a score with the game on the line.  Just last game, Wojo praised his consistency and said he was a developing leader.  So give him consistent minutes and don't make him a cheer-leader.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »
Maybe doing a Ners impression, but I don't get why our best shooter and one of the best passers on the team got so few minutes, and wasn't in when we needed a score with the game on the line.  Just last game, Wojo praised his consistency and said he was a developing leader.  So give him consistent minutes and don't make him a cheer-leader.

I agree with this.  JJJ has been playing great lately.  Can't figure out why he wasn't on the floor more.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 09:08:58 PM »
The last minute was terrible coaching. Stupid timeout that silenced a raucous crowd. Horrible play that resulted in n points. Not fouling when down 1. Just inexplicable.

You want them to foul with a 9 second differential on shot clock? Are you mental. Fischer is soft, he sucks. Grab a rebound.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »
I Agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »

I don't agree.  Marquette gets the rebound of that missed shot and they have a chance to win.  They didn't get the rebound.

But even if Marquette gets the rebound, there is zero time to setup. It's literally just a bumrush for the last shot.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »
Disagree. They get board they are one shot from win

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »
But even if Marquette gets the rebound, there is zero time to setup. It's literally just a bumrush for the last shot.

8 seconds with a timeout is enough time IMO.  But I can see your POV.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »

8 seconds with a timeout is enough time IMO.  But I can see your POV.

I just feel like being down at most 3 points with 40-30 seconds (forgot exact time) is alot better then down 1 with 8.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »
If they get the rebound, it's a mood point. MU, didn't even run the play that was talked about in the huddle.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »
You want them to foul with a 9 second differential on shot clock? Are you mental. Fischer is soft, he sucks. Grab a rebound.

With that much time? Absogoddamnlutely. I'd rather be down 3 with 35 seconds than down 1 with 8 seconds. We gave that game away.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »

According to Wojo on postgame show, team did not listen in the huddle and did not run the play that was called - was supposed to be a post up to Luke, but they did not even run the play.  Is that on the coaches or the players?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »
According to Wojo on postgame show, team did not listen in the huddle and did not run the play that was called - was supposed to be a post up to Luke, but they did not even run the play.  Is that on the coaches or the players?

If it was unclear - the coaches.  If it was mutiny or coaching was ignored - the coaches. If they got distracted or confused on the court - the players.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »

Heard this a lot from him post game. Simple answer: The entire team is to blame, of which he leads. Really poor response. If they aren't listening, put in the lineup who is.  Blame is for losers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »
Heard this a lot from him post game. Simple answer: The entire team is to blame, of which he leads. Really poor response. If they aren't listening, put in the lineup who is.  Blame is for losers.

Yeah this is it.  Exactly.  It's not the coach OR the players.  It's the coach AND the players.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
If they get the rebound, it's a mood point. MU, didn't even run the play that was talked about in the huddle.

And if that's the case, it's again on the coaches. If the boss can't get enough buy in to effectively convey their message, they're doing something wrong.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »
And if that's the case, it's again on the coaches. If the boss can't get enough buy in to effectively convey their message, they're doing something wrong.
Your over thinking this. So, don't call a timeout. If, Marquette put up a bad shot without calling a timeout, everyone would say, why didn't you call a timeout.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:56:25 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback