Maximilian Langenfeld by Jay Bee
[Today at 08:30:29 PM]

Academic All Americans by Jay Bee
[Today at 08:29:00 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton cogitating  (Read 19205 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Creighton cogitating
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 11:36:51 PM »
No more excuses.  MU fully embraces the mistake.  Regardless of what Wojo teaches they continue to screw up.

Best part was sitting in a box with 5 badger fans cumming in their pants while Gard beat the crap out of MD.  MU sucks and will continue to.   Accepting my fate like when I attended MU.  We will always be losers.  unnatural carnal knowledge it.

connie

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »
No more excuses.  MU fully embraces the mistake.  Regardless of what Wojo teaches they continue to screw up.

Best part was sitting in a box with 5 badger fans cumming in their pants while Gard beat the crap out of MD.  MU sucks and will continue to.   Accepting my fate like when I attended MU.  We will always be losers.  unnatural carnal knowledge it.
WTF?
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
Meanwhile, 60 miles west, they knocked off #2 on the road.

Sucked seeing Herro live tweeting their game
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:58:03 PM by WarriorPride68 »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 11:51:09 PM »
Was this game on TV nationally? Since it was on FS Wisconsin. Or did other viewing areas get to watch as well. Just curious.

BC seemed to be have a nice crowd tonight. Anyone in attendance agree?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2016, 12:01:49 AM »
Of course not. But coaching killed us in the final minute. Our coach has just as much learning to do as our players.

I may be frustrated, but I'm patient.

Ya know, I made the same exact statement vs providence and got blasted for it. Seems everyone on scoop does a 180 on a win/loss.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »

Good lord get a grip.  Maryland has been a disappointing team most of the year.  MU beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin.

This forever, always, never talk is for lazy people.  Seriously, relax and have a brew.  Way way way too many of you bought into crazy expectations this year.  We tried to warn you.  Same thing some of us tried to warn you on Luke...nice player, but not the savior some of you proclaimed last year. 

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2016, 12:45:27 AM »
Won three of the four Oliver factors.  Lost on...turnovers....again.

And Creighton really made us pay for them. I don't know how many points they scored in transition, but it seemed like they dominated. There were also at least 2-3 (or more) layups where we just got beat down the court after made baskets. That was kind of mind-boggling.

Losing to a good team doesn't bother me so much. That happens. But hate to lose a game we had multiple chances to win. Like Wojo said, 25 games into the season, you'd hope to start seeing fewer mistakes. Another tough lesson to absorb.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2016, 05:56:01 AM »
And Creighton really made us pay for them. I don't know how many points they scored in transition, but it seemed like they dominated. There were also at least 2-3 (or more) layups where we just got beat down the court after made baskets. That was kind of mind-boggling.

Losing to a good team doesn't bother me so much. That happens. But hate to lose a game we had multiple chances to win. Like Wojo said, 25 games into the season, you'd hope to start seeing fewer mistakes. Another tough lesson to absorb.

Creighton 22-6 on fast break points. 13-8 on points on turnovers.  Brutal but same story different game.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:55 AM »
I still can't believe we lost to Creighton! Really! We get beat by McDermott and the mutts. Our
spacing is so bad with HE and LF in the game, everyone knows how to defend it. We had 3 days off to rest,whats that about? So frustrating!!!

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2016, 06:25:28 AM »
Was this game on TV nationally? Since it was on FS Wisconsin. Or did other viewing areas get to watch as well. Just curious.

I was not able to get it despite having many of the Fox Sports channels.  For some strange reason Fox sports go delayed the game until 11 pm eastern.

From the way it sounds, it may have been better that I just listened to espn 540 over the internet.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2016, 06:26:56 AM »
I'm sorry you bought into the hype that he was the 4th best high schooler in the country.  He is good, but not that level good.  He is also a big and they take longer to develop.  Even saying that, he's had a very good freshman year.  Is LSU going to the NCAAs with clearly the best freshman in the country? 

A lot of us thought you guys were crazy predicting NCAAs this year.  Too many holes on the team and way too much youth.  Being a homer is fine, ignoring those stark realities is your undoing.

Well, if he's not the fourth best High Schooler in the country, then he won't make any first team Freshman All American teams.  I guess we'll see.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
Upon a night of sleeping on it, I think the whole team played a little sluggish, like they were still feeling the effects of playing big minutes on Wednesday.    The whole team just seemed to lack energy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:49 AM »

It was on FSN Midwest also.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »
  • The moment any realistic hope of getting an at-large vanishes always sucks.
  • Absolutely killed in transition. I think Maurice Watson just blew through our defense again.
  • JJ made some mistakes, but I'm surprised he couldn't get in at all at the end.
  • Final two minutes coaching mistake #1 was the timeout. Duane had just given us back the lead, we get a defensive stop, the BC had energy. It never quite got that energy back.
  • Final two minutes coaching mistake #2 was the play out of the timeout. We had what, 20-21 seconds on the shot clock and couldn't get a decent look? As the time ticked away, I couldn't help but wonder what was drawn up in that huddle. Either the play didn't work or it wasn't effectively communicated to the players. Either way, that's on the coaches.
  • Final two minutes coaching mistake #3 was not fouling after Creighton had the ball up one. I know, "8.5 seconds is plenty of time", but why would you think that when 20 seconds wasn't enough time?
  • That said, I'm glad Duane took the last shot. He didn't have a perfect night, but he hit the shot that put us ahead for the last time. He should have taken the shot before that as well.
  • This is a learning process for everyone. The players are learning and the staff is learning.
  • Doug McDermott has built a very nice program. Definitely an asset in the Big East. You can see the line of bigs from Artino to Groselle (straight beast) to Hanson to Hegner. Their upperclassmen always step up. Milliken now, and next year that Watson/Zierden backcourt will be tough to handle. Different skillsets, but his ability to harness veteran potential reminds me a lot of Bo Ryan.
  • If we want to make the NIT, we can probably only afford one more loss. I have a tough time looking at the schedule and realistically envisioning that right now. We won't play in the CBI because of pride, not sure if we'd take an invite to Vegas or not, but barring winning four at MSG, we're likely out of the postseason for the third consecutive year. That sucks.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »

I watched it live on the YES network.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 07:34:11 AM »
  • That said, I'm glad Duane took the last shot. He didn't have a perfect night, but he hit the shot that put us ahead for the last time. He should have taken the shot before that as well.
Not that it matters but even if Duane hit that shot MU loses.  His foot was on the line.[/list]

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
Wojo called a timeout with a lead and maybe 90 seconds left. The BC was rocking and it took the life out. We squandered the chance and couldn't get a decent shot. Creighton came down and scored and it was over.

That timeout made no sense and really felt awkward. Terrible coaching decision.

I hated that timeout when it was called, because it allows your opponent to set their defense or change it.  I don't know if this is true, but I don't think Wojo has a good track record of running successful plays off of timeouts. 

Do you think McDermott was happy that we called timeout?  I do.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »
    Not that it matters but even if Duane hit that shot MU loses.  His foot was on the line.[/list]

If so, that really sucks. Didn't notice that live.
    This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
    « Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:31 AM »
    Well at least you agree that we still have some chances. I actually think if we win out, that will give us so many quality wins that it would be hard for committee to turn us out. Remember, they look at much more than RPI.

Winning out without a BET run won't do it.  It just won't. 

Not that we have to worry about it.

GGGG

• All American
    « Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 08:00:01 AM »

God do we have such an oversensitive fanbase.  I don't care if UW wins the next ten NCAA championships.  Marquette is proudly my team and will always be my team.

Bunch of chicken littles.

We R Final Four

• All American
    « Reply #70 on: February 14, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »
    • This is a learning process for everyone. The players are learning and the staff is learning.
    This part concerns me.  I dont know if the staff is learning.  The is little evidence of adaptation and in game improvement and adjustments. I think Wojo would call that timeout today if put in the same situation.
    Additionally, his end of game/out of timeout offensive plays are suspect at best.[/list]

warriorfan 14

• Starter
    « Reply #71 on: February 14, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
    Because the only CBB discussion I hear regularly involves us or them. And this year, when it should finally be turning towards us, it's still them. I know we're rebuilding, but watching an interim coach rebuild faster and better than we are the past 2 months has been irritating.

Another irritation for me tonight was the post game. All I heard Wojo talk about was the players needing to be better, stick to the game plan, be tougher...same old crap with no ownership that HE, not the players, cost us that game. I'm okay with people screwing up. Tonight was on Wojo. Take ownership.

At marquette we have pretty high expectations. to say wojo hasn't been good enough at this point would be an understatement. many thought this team would be really coming together at this point in the season, but they haven't. they are a decent team that is inconsistent. they win a big game to get the fans hopes up that they are turning the corner, and then they let the fans down with a poor performance (that usually occurs at home). I agree wojo needs to start taking some ownership, he hasn't done a good enough job with this squad

last year we sucked and we all knew it, but this year has been pretty disappointing
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:12:00 AM by warriorfan 14 »

vogue65

• All American
    « Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:10 AM »
    Wojo called a timeout with a lead and maybe 90 seconds left. The BC was rocking and it took the life out. We squandered the chance and couldn't get a decent shot. Creighton came down and scored and it was over.

That timeout made no sense and really felt awkward. Terrible coaching decision.

At DUKE the students keep rocking no matter what.

Big Papi

• All American
    « Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »
    That was hideous. MU played terrible. Creighton outside of Watson played terrible. Embarrassing showing in a must win game. The glimmer of hope is now gone. BET champs or its over. Boys gotta show up better, but that's what you get with a young team. Very disappointing.

That is what you get with inexperienced coaching.  Poor coaching in critical moments of the game that lead to a loss.

Big Papi

• All American
    « Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
    The fact that they keep improving at a faster rate with young players as well as a rookie coach is all that needs to be said

I would swap coaching staffs in an instant.  Gard is proving he is a very good coach and would have this team thinking about seeding in the NCAA tournament not fighting to make the NIT.