[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Creighton cogitating  (Read 19023 times)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: Creighton cogitating
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 09:18:23 PM »

They have two juniors who contributed on a Final Four team. 

And really I don't care.  Have no clue why brew brought it up in the first place.

The worst part is that everyone in milwaukee area forgot we won against them

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »

????

Concern yourself about Marquette.  Not Madison. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 09:19:49 PM »
They have no seniors and have huge contributions in sophmore brown and freshman happ

Oh really?

First off, they do have a senior.

Second, they have SIX redshirt players on their team.  SIX.  Including Happ. 

Third, they start Redshirt Junior, Junior, Junior, Junior, and Redshirt Freshman

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »

You certainly have

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:03 PM »
You certainly have
i have forgot. We have best recruit since Wade and cant get it done. 

Shark

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:34 PM »
Wojo called a timeout with a lead and maybe 90 seconds left. The BC was rocking and it took the life out. We squandered the chance and couldn't get a decent shot. Creighton came down and scored and it was over.

That timeout made no sense and really felt awkward. Terrible coaching decision.

I loved that time out. Seemed like the players walked through the play and had to heave a shot.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »

Go away. No one here cares about the Badgers.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
so criticizing a coach for in-game decision making means you want him fired?

Only when combined with stating that he is misusing his players because he doesn't understands and/or ignores basketball statistics. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »
Ugly finish - we needed this one - they need to finish strong to make the NIT.....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:54 PM »

They have two juniors who contributed on a Final Four team. 

And really I don't care.  Have no clue why brew brought it up in the first place.

Because the only CBB discussion I hear regularly involves us or them. And this year, when it should finally be turning towards us, it's still them. I know we're rebuilding, but watching an interim coach rebuild faster and better than we are the past 2 months has been irritating.

Another irritation for me tonight was the post game. All I heard Wojo talk about was the players needing to be better, stick to the game plan, be tougher...same old crap with no ownership that HE, not the players, cost us that game. I'm okay with people screwing up. Tonight was on Wojo. Take ownership.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 09:40:41 PM »
Won three of the four Oliver factors.  Lost on...turnovers....again.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:01 PM »
Awful loss.

Totally brought it upon ourselves.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
Because the only CBB discussion I hear regularly involves us or them.

???  You mixing up Scoop with IWB's "get off my lawn" site again?  UW is hardly talked about here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »

A chance?  The only way this team gets to the NCAA is by winning the BET.  They could win out, get to the BET championship game and lose it, and still wouldn't make the NCAA.
I disagree with your analysis.  There are still lots of paths to the tournament. If we won out we would flat out be in the tournament no matter what we did in the BET. If we win 4 out of 5 and win a couple in the BET tournament we can still get in.

Have to take it one game at a time. We can still do it.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:25 PM »

???  You mixing up Scoop with IWB's "get off my lawn" site again?  UW is hardly talked about here.

Neither. Real world.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
I was surprised by the fact that Wojo didn't call for team to commit a foul after the missed free throws with 37 or so seconds remaining and MU down by 2. By not doing so, it allowed Creighton to take as much time as they wanted to extend the lead. And, subsequently, MU had only 7 seconds to, at best, tie the game. Questionable choice, in my mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
I disagree with your analysis.  There are still lots of paths to the tournament. If we won out we would flat out be in the tournament no matter what we did in the BET. If we win 4 out of 5 and win a couple in the BET tournament we can still get in.

Have to take it one game at a time. We can still do it.

OK in looking at RPI wizard, I see two chances.

1. Winning the BET.

2. Winning out, then beating De Paul, Nova and Seton Hall while losing the BET championship game to Xavier.  That gets us a projected RPI of 64 according to RPI Wizard and an outside shot at an at large. 

Anything short of that and it is simply not possible.  For instance, winning out and losing to Seton Hall in the semis in the above scenario leaves us with a RPI of 72.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2016, 10:51:49 PM »

OK in looking at RPI wizard, I see two chances.

1. Winning the BET.

2. Winning out, then beating De Paul, Nova and Seton Hall while losing the BET championship game to Xavier.  That gets us a projected RPI of 64 according to RPI Wizard and an outside shot at an at large. 

Anything short of that and it is simply not possible.  For instance, winning out and losing to Seton Hall in the semis in the above scenario leaves us with a RPI of 72.

Well at least you agree that we still have some chances. I actually think if we win out, that will give us so many quality wins that it would be hard for committee to turn us out. Remember, they look at much more than RPI.

Probability of these scenarios is low obviously, but hope springs eternal.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 10:51:56 PM »

I'm sorry you bought into the hype that he was the 4th best high schooler in the country.  He is good, but not that level good.  He is also a big and they take longer to develop.  Even saying that, he's had a very good freshman year.  Is LSU going to the NCAAs with clearly the best freshman in the country? 

A lot of us thought you guys were crazy predicting NCAAs this year.  Too many holes on the team and way too much youth.  Being a homer is fine, ignoring those stark realities is your undoing.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 11:09:51 PM »
I havent understood what Wilson has been doing the last couple games. Regardless of that last heave at the end of the game, it just boggles my mind some of the shots he takes. He makes some crazy layups, but for the most part its nuts.
The last heave at the end of the game was just poor execution. I am not sure, if that was what Wojo wanted, but Creighton was ready for it. As soon as the ball was passed to Wilson they collapsed on him and he had no choice but to force up a the shot. I believe that Carter should of taken the shot instead of passing the ball to Wilson. He had a better shot and there would of been more time on the clock to rebound and get a second shot. We did get a second shot after the Wilson miss, but I am pretty sure the clock had expired by the time Carter released it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »
Wojo called a timeout with a lead and maybe 90 seconds left. The BC was rocking and it took the life out. We squandered the chance and couldn't get a decent shot. Creighton came down and scored and it was over.

That timeout made no sense and really felt awkward. Terrible coaching decision.
I think timeouts in those situations do give the advantage to the defense.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »
the badgers have 2 juniors from a final four team. besides this is a mu board, who gives a crap about how the badgers are doing.
In December the Badgers were worse than MU. Now MU is not even close to them. It is a coach's job to get the team to improve more than the other teams improve as all teams should improve as the season goes on. Gard has obviously done that. In January they lost at home to a more talented Maryland team on a last second shot. That was UW's last lost. About a month later them bascially dominated the same team on the road. That is how much the Badgers have improved.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:22:08 PM by bilsu »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »
I was surprised by the fact that Wojo didn't call for team to commit a foul after the missed free throws with 37 or so seconds remaining and MU down by 2. By not doing so, it allowed Creighton to take as much time as they wanted to extend the lead. And, subsequently, MU had only 7 seconds to, at best, tie the game. Questionable choice, in my mind.

Why would you do this?  No coach would do this

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »
In December the Badgers were worse than MU. Now MU is not even close to them. It is a coach's job to get the team to improve more than the other teams improve as all teams should improve as the season goes on. Gard has obviously done that.

Or they just massively underperformed under Bo who was too busy dealing with Tara.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
Or they just massively underperformed under Bo who was too busy dealing with Tara.
I have no doubt they were underperforming, but Gard getting an unperforming team to perform is still good coaching. Buzz's last year the team underperformed the whole year. I suspect that if Bo had not quit it would of been the same story at UW as it was for Buzz.