2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NBA Commish Adam Silver With A MU Mention  (Read 5062 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
NBA Commish Adam Silver With A MU Mention
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-02-12/nba-s-silver-live-premium-sports-content-is-king

Above he was interviewed by Bloomberg (this morning).

He mentioned the partnership the Bucks and MU have and how it was equally important for MU to get the new arena.  He suggested this was a model for other teams.

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Commish Adam Silver With A MU Mention
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 02:46:09 PM »
Not sure it's "equally important" to MU and the Bucks, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the new arena has to offer.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:20:19 PM »
Not sure it's "equally important" to MU and the Bucks, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the new arena has to offer.

It's definitely more important for the Bucks!

I can't wait for the new building. Improved amenities, sightlines, smaller capacity are all good things. For MU, being the 2nd tenant instead of #3 behind the Admirals should help a ton with scheduling availability.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »

I can't wait for the new building. Improved amenities, sightlines, smaller capacity are all good things. For MU, being the 2nd tenant instead of #3 behind the Admirals should help a ton with scheduling availability.

MU definitely got the best part of the deal, and that's even before you count the millions of dollars The Bucks are kicking in for our new athletic training center.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »

i get the improved sightlines part, but that could still be accomplished without compromising attendance.  the BC was built for hockey.  if they build this right, both could be improved.  the reason i say this is because i would still like to be a destination for NCAA tourney sites.  the final four may be a long shot because milwaukee, i think,  has a shortage of hotel rooms unless you want people to stay in chicago too??  i hope i'm wrong on that one though
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
i get the improved sightlines part, but that could still be accomplished without compromising attendance.  the BC was built for hockey.  if they build this right, both could be improved.  the reason i say this is because i would still like to be a destination for NCAA tourney sites.  the final four may be a long shot because milwaukee, i think,  has a shortage of hotel rooms unless you want people to stay in chicago too??  i hope i'm wrong on that one though

Capacity for the new place is expected to be in the 17-17.5k range. Neither the Bucks nor MU consistently sell out the BC, so why build something the same size or bigger?

I'd guess Milwaukee will keep getting opening weekends of the NCAAT as long as they want them. Maybe they'll host a regional at some point, but the Final Four these days is reserved for football stadiums.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure that even Miller Park isn't big enough for a Final Four. It's also a little drafty! I feel confident in saying that there will never be a FF in Milwaukee. The new arena will still get early-round games, I would think.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
We'll never get a Final Four, but I could see getting a Regional at the new stadium.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
Capacity for the new place is expected to be in the 17-17.5k range. Neither the Bucks nor MU consistently sell out the BC, so why build something the same size or bigger?

I'd guess Milwaukee will keep getting opening weekends of the NCAAT as long as they want them. Maybe they'll host a regional at some point, but the Final Four these days is reserved for football stadiums.

i understand that 19-20k sounds like a waste of space.  i don't know the extra cost involved, adding a couple thousand seats is-$$/sq. ft.?  is it worth it?  well, think back to some big time games-UNC, notre dame, louisville, for us and if the bucks get competitive again, those extra seats will pay back quickly.  lot of ifs, but milwaukee, in the past,  has shown to fill'em up if presented with a good game. 

don't...don't don't don't don't

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »
I would say so.
Where would MU play if the Bucks moved out of Milwaukee. The Bradley Center is need of major repairs of a cost of $100 million. Marquette is not paying that or even has that.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »
I would say so.
Where would MU play if the Bucks moved out of Milwaukee. The Bradley Center is need of major repairs of a cost of $100 million. Marquette is not paying that or even has that.

Easily fixable.  Just sell the naming rights.  MUScoop would hold a donation drive, and before you know it you have MUScoop Arena.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:30 PM »
Easily fixable.  Just sell the naming rights.  MUScoop would hold a donation drive, and before you know it you have MUScoop Arena.

When I started reading your post, I thought you were talking about selling the naming rights for MUScoop. Something like, MUScoop hosted by Art's Performing Center.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that even Miller Park isn't big enough for a Final Four. It's also a little drafty! I feel confident in saying that there will never be a FF in Milwaukee. The new arena will still get early-round games, I would think.

I seem to remember the idea of a FF at Miller Park coming up before and the problem is Milwaukee does not have enough hotel space (like Indy) to host it.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »
I seem to remember the idea of a FF at Miller Park coming up before and the problem is Milwaukee does not have enough hotel space (like Indy) to host it.

You mean the same Indianapolis that just hosted the 2015 Final Four?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 08:44:19 PM »
You mean the same Indianapolis that just hosted the 2015 Final Four?

Yes that's what I said. Indy has more hotel space then Milwaukee and so Indy can host big events like the B1G FB championship and the FF even though Milwaukee has Miller Park which could physically host the event.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »

There was talk in 2005 about Marquette vs Illinois at Miller Park
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:30:24 AM by bradley center bat »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »
Yes that's what I said. Indy has more hotel space then Milwaukee and so Indy can host big events like the B1G FB championship and the FF even though Milwaukee has Miller Park which could physically host the event.

Got it. I read "like Indy" as meaning "similar to Indy."

The issue with Miller Park is they can only heat it 20 degrees warmer than the outdoor temperature. When it's snowing out at the start of April (as it was when we got home from New Orleans) it means Miller Park is at 50 degrees max inside. You can't host a Final Four with that temperature.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »

Why do you think Marquette is #3 behind the Admirals?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:35 PM »

Hell, if the Allstate Arena can get the sweet 16 and elite 8, so could the new arena.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
There was talk in 2005 about Marquette vs Illinois at Miller Park

I've heard whisperings of MU vs Ohio State on a cargo ship in the Port of Milwaukee.