Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette's NCAA Tournament fate could be determined in critical game  (Read 1941 times)

MattVelazquez

Marquette's NCAA Tournament fate could be determined in critical game

When the Golden Eagles (16-9, 5-7) and Bluejays (16-9, 7-5) meet at 7 p.m. Saturday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, there will be a lot more on the line than last year.
Source: Marquette's NCAA Tournament fate could be determined in critical game

Windyplayer

• All American
Yes, we need to take care of Creighton. But, I think our tourney fate rests on beating Nova at home (applies even if we had beat DePaul at home). If we win these next three, and beat Nova at home--I think we're IN immediately after that game. What transpires after will dictate whether we stay in.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Give me one of what Matt is drinking.

KampusFoods

• All American
Wojo always sure to point out how good the opponent is. Good for one "best ____ or most ____ in the country" quote per interview.

Windyplayer

• All American
Wojo always sure to point out how good the opponent is. Good for one "best ____ or most ____ in the country" quote per interview.
That's brilliant. Soften up the opponent. Everyone needs an adversary--don't give it to them.

MU82

• All American
Give me one of what Matt is drinking.

All Matt said in a fact-based article is that if MU has any hope of making the tournament, the Warriors have to win tomorrow. I agree; don't you?

I am quite certain Matt didn't write the headline -- newspapers have editors to do that -- and it was the headline that was over the top, suggesting that a victory could determine MU's tourney fate, which of course is preposterous.

The thing that caught my eye in the article was this line from McDermott about Watson:

"He's really the engine that makes us go."

Hey ... I thought WE had The Engine!

I actually wish we had Watson. Wojo was in on him for a little bit, wasn't he?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
All Matt said in a fact-based article is that if MU has any hope of making the tournament, the Warriors have to win tomorrow. I agree; don't you?

I am quite certain Matt didn't write the headline -- newspapers have editors to do that -- and it was the headline that was over the top, suggesting that a victory could determine MU's tourney fate, which of course is preposterous.

The thing that caught my eye in the article was this line from McDermott about Watson:

"He's really the engine that makes us go."

Hey ... I thought WE had The Engine!

I actually wish we had Watson. Wojo was in on him for a little bit, wasn't he?

Different Watson, I believe.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
They need to win the BE Tournament.   That's their only way in.  I don't see them getting in as an at-large. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
They need to win the BE Tournament.   That's their only way in.  I don't see them getting in as an at-large.

Most likely. I think going 5-1 and 2-1 in NYC could still get us in. Hard to have that expectation
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
His ex-boss is the master at it. He has learned along the way.

MU82

• All American
His ex-boss is the master at it. He has learned along the way.

Most coaches do it.

Lou Holtz was famous for making Savannah State sound like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Hell, I do it when I'm getting my middle-school team ready for games: "We might have beaten them by 38 last time, but we only won the fourth quarter by 6, and I think they actually have some good players. We can't take them for granted."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days

This just isn't true. May be a long shot, but 5-1 and MU is most definitely in the convo and 6-0 they're in.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Most likely. I think going 5-1 and 2-1 in NYC could still get us in. Hard to have that expectation

10-8 with Nova might only require a first round win.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

kryza

• Team Captain
This just isn't true. May be a long shot, but 5-1 and MU is most definitely in the convo and 6-0 they're in.

This is the same guy who posted that he would bet his house on LSU to win... We go 11-7 and we are a lock, 10-8 is on the bubble. After that we need to win the tourney.

feedback