[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: State of the program now...  (Read 18353 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: State of the program now...
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 12:02:59 AM »
Not good compared to MU standards. This team without Ellenson next year will not be better.

You've already made a few predictions this year that are wrong....so why should we believe this one?  I'm just asking.  A few weeks ago you opined we would only win one more game if I recall.  We have three since that prediction.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11:39 AM »
We cracked the top 100 RPI!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:08 AM »
You've already made a few predictions this year that are wrong....so why should we believe this one?  I'm just asking.  A few weeks ago you opined we would only win one more game if I recall.  We have three since that prediction.

Being negative is so easy for some folks.

If they're right, they can get even more negative and say how they knew we'd suck. If they're wrong they can say, "I'm glad I was wrong!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shark

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 12:21:45 AM »
Went from 110 rpi to 95! Wooo

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 07:36:21 AM »
You are going to get some predictions wrong. I predicted MU would win this game in a reply to someone posting the Big east might get 7 bids. My prediction was that Providence will be done after they are swept by MU and Georgetown will be done after Seton Hall sweeps them. I also predicted it will really suck when UW makes the tournament and MU does not make the NIT. UW has not lost since that prediction. After the Xavier game, I posted that Xavier fans should be worried, since they are not playing well. Xavier than lost to Creighton. My current prediction is that Providence losses their next three games. Three opportunities to be wrong on that one. I do not look at rankings, but on how the teams are playing. Butler stock is way up and Providence stock is way down. Basically, Providence is what Butler was in the first half of the conference season. I cannot predict MU vs Creighton. Creighton is a three point shooting team and that will determine the game. Creighton also has a lot of big white boys, so Mu does not have the size advantage. I will make one prediction on those games. Creighton will win, if they shoot 35% or better from three. No prediction other than that on those games.

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:48 AM »
The future is bright.  MU will end up with a better record than Indiana and Virginia Tech.  Tom Crean will be working the booth with Chicos at Comic-Con.  Pa Kettle will still be at Virginia Tech as no one with half a brain wants that stink bomb.
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 08:59:31 AM »
If Henry goes pro it is very likely he gets drafted in the lottery and makes millions. However I feel it is also very likely he sits on the bench for his first 2+ seasons, gets labeled a bust, and who knows where he is in 3 years. Now if he was showing a nice 3 point game this year it would be a different story, but his 3 point attempts are all complete bricks

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 09:00:56 AM »
Discuss...

Team will take giant step back when Henry leaves

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »
You're going to be real disappointed when he's drafted in the top 8.

COSIGN!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »

Profound, as always.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »

Yes-ish.   We've seen progress from many players.    JJ, Luke, Haanif, Traci, Heldt   All likely to return.   Rowsey is a dead-eye shooter who is another switchable guard, albeit a small one.   A competent graduate transfer PF and next year's team will be better even without Henry.    Simply because everyone else will be back, a year wiser, a year stronger. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »
If Henry goes pro it is very likely he gets drafted in the lottery and makes millions. However I feel it is also very likely he sits on the bench for his first 2+ seasons, gets labeled a bust, and who knows where he is in 3 years. Now if he was showing a nice 3 point game this year it would be a different story, but his 3 point attempts are all complete bricks

And they always will be bricks! Because no player in history ever improves at anything. Even if they receive the best coaching in the world as NBA players, they never, ever improve.

It's proven! It's science!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »
I very much enjoyed the last two games and am happy that this team has been improving as season has moved on. First time in three years I actually look forward to the next game. That said, I had higher hopes for this team when season started and not overly optimistic for next year.

I am shocked at the critical comments made about HE. Bo Ellis was the best freshman contributor in MU history IMO and HE has blown Bo out of the water and that is saying a lot. The kid is the real deal in big time way and will be very, very tough to replace. I love a couple of the younger guys but a lot of holes to fill in moving forward.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »

No it won't. Even if Henry leaves this team will be better next season. The growth from the rest of the team (assuming all but Mache return) will far outweigh losing Henry. If we get a grad transfer or a Bruno Fernando or Kalif Young type, we'll be that much better.

People greatly underestimate how much players improve in the offseason, especially between their freshman and sophomore years. People also overestimate how much of our success is soley because of Henry.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »
No it won't. Even if Henry leaves this team will be better next season. The growth from the rest of the team (assuming all but Mache return) will far outweigh losing Henry. If we get a grad transfer or a Bruno Fernando or Kalif Young type, we'll be that much better.

People greatly underestimate how much players improve in the offseason, especially between their freshman and sophomore years. People also overestimate how much of our success is soley because of Henry.

Kinda depends on who Henry's replacement at PF is. On our roster today the candidates are Sandy, Wally or Sacar. That team would be absolutely physically abused in the Big East. If we get a good,big body to replace Henry it's a different story.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »
Kinda depends on who Henry's replacement at PF is. On our roster today the candidates are Sandy, Wally or Sacar. That team would be absolutely physically abused in the Big East. If we get a good,big body to replace Henry it's a different story.

I don't agree. I think a four guard run and gun lineup could play very well in the Big East. We won in the old Big East with much smaller teams.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
And they always will be bricks! Because no player in history ever improves at anything. Even if they receive the best coaching in the world as NBA players, they never, ever improve.

It's proven! It's science!

Someone set MU82's sarcasm meter to 11.

As the President of the Sarcasm Club ("Like we really need your opinion"), I approve.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2016, 09:53:38 AM »
That Philly kid can play for me any day.
Carter drove on the last possession of the first OT and would have made a runner with the left hand were it not for a blatant hack. That's a freshman determined to win his team the game. His mentality is awesome. He's going to be good.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »

It really does not take a rocket scientist to think the void left by HE departing is a rather large one. That alone would give me pause to assume that the team will be better next year. Now, if Wojo manages to land another big then the pieces are there for a solid team. HE departing leaves rather large shoes to fill.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »
I don't agree. I think a four guard run and gun lineup could play very well in the Big East. We won in the old Big East with much smaller teams.

Henry is the #1 rebounder in the conference and we're still a bad rebounding team. Who gets Henry's rebounds next year? How do we "run and gun" if we can't rebound the basketball?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »
Henry is the #1 rebounder in the conference and we're still a bad rebounding team. Who gets Henry's rebounds next year? How do we "run and gun" if we can't rebound the basketball?

-- Henry has played 100+ more minutes then any other player on team

-- 100+ more shots then anyone

-- by far leader in FT attempts / makes

-- 2nd leading FT % at 75%

-- has 90 more rebounds then anyone

-- block leader

-- points leader by 100+

If we're better without Henry I will be pleasantly surprised. Will LSU be better without Simmons? To early for me to tell. I'll take a second year of HE though :)

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »

+ 1

We can be better next year if we can find a solid rebounding PF to replace Henry (assuming he leaves, which is a pretty safe assumption).  If not, it will be very difficult to improve enough to be an NCAA team.  His rebounding will be sorely missed.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »
I'm excited for Andrew Rowsey next year.  If he can be a reliable 3-point shooter, it will really help space things out on offense. 

But, I agree 100%.  We will need someone to replace Henry's production if/when he leaves.  I have confidence that Wojo has backup plans in place (and/or at least knows which way Henry is currently leaning).

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
I'm excited for Andrew Rowsey next year.  If he can be a reliable 3-point shooter, it will really help space things out on offense. 

But, I agree 100%.  We will need someone to replace Henry's production if/when he leaves.  I have confidence that Wojo has backup plans in place (and/or at least knows which way Henry is currently leaning).

I really think he is a forgotten  guy right now. Coaches were really high on him and even Dawson's dad liked how he played.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »
Someone set MU82's sarcasm meter to 11.

As the President of the Sarcasm Club ("Like we really need your opinion"), I approve.
I'll second that.

I love Sarcastic82 - using unrelenting sarcasm to carpet bomb ignorance and negativity across multiple threads is impressive.  82 I hope you have the ability to keep it up and it isn't just an alcohol fueled/short lived shtick.