Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: I think I'm done  (Read 10427 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: I think I'm done
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »
We outshot Providence 42.3% to 38.9%.

We went to the FT line 37 times to their 31.

We out rebounded them 49 to 46 (including a 19-15 advantage on the offensive glass).

We committed just 13 turnovers to their 18.

It was far from a perfect game. Lots to improve on. But we outplayed a ranked team that's ahead of us in the standings. And a young but talented team just got another taste of what it takes to earn a victory in the Big East. They deserve to savor this one.

"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:25 PM »
3rd buzz reference tonight Chicos.

I rarely reference him, but that's what it reminded me of.  Buycks against UL.  Maybe there are more appropriate examples.   Damon Key against Xavier his freshman year when we had them beat and we melted...that was another one.  I'm sure there are some under Deane, Crean, Dukiet, Majerus.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »
3rd buzz reference tonight Chicos.

Shocking!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 12:22:52 AM »
I actually think I'm done this year.

Good. Get the eff out. We don't need fake fans or fair-weather fans. Go root for UWM, loser.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shark

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:34 AM »
Good. Get the eff out. We don't need fake fans or fair-weather fans. Go root for UWM, loser.

I go to UWM. Been to 0 games in my life. Been to probably 30 MU games. Being a UWM fan is impossible.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 12:36:00 AM »

Theres a difference between being a fan, and watching basketball. They play basketball for 30 minutes each game, for the other 10, they throw all knowledge out the window. That is a coaching fault. We've seen it time and time again. Had they lost, you would all be freaking out over dumb plays, but since they won your in bliss. Unfortunately, this will not be fixed this year. It's happened time and time again. I'm interested in watching basketball. I've stuck with the team because they played basketball. Even when they lost to Omaha they were playing basketball. What I just witnessed was not basketball, it was horrible coaching. Time and time again.

Hopefully Wojo will learn to teach discipline into his players, until then I've had it with Marquette throwing away games. Not due to talent, not do to freshman, not due to experience from players. Simply from the coaching staff. Each loss you all list all the things the players did wrong. They are never fixed. It's not Belmont anymore, but they continue to make the same exact mistakes that happened in that game. Once the coaches learn to teach what needs to be taught, the players will become much better. Until then peace.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:07 AM »
The team is far from perfect.  To pull out the win after two OTs against a top 20 team takes a lot of grit.  Especially with Fischer fouling out.  If Wojo has the team believing in themselves and not giving up after a mistake I think that is a big victory in itself.  I still believe Marquette's destiny is in their hands.  If they can finish with a + conference record and win a game or two in the BEAST Tourney, I believe they are in the NCAA tourney.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 03:38:22 AM »
Theres a difference between being a fan, and watching basketball. They play basketball for 30 minutes each game, for the other 10, they throw all knowledge out the window. That is a coaching fault. We've seen it time and time again. Had they lost, you would all be freaking out over dumb plays, but since they won your in bliss. Unfortunately, this will not be fixed this year. It's happened time and time again. I'm interested in watching basketball. I've stuck with the team because they played basketball. Even when they lost to Omaha they were playing basketball. What I just witnessed was not basketball, it was horrible coaching. Time and time again.

Hopefully Wojo will learn to teach discipline into his players, until then I've had it with Marquette throwing away games. Not due to talent, not do to freshman, not due to experience from players. Simply from the coaching staff. Each loss you all list all the things the players did wrong. They are never fixed. It's not Belmont anymore, but they continue to make the same exact mistakes that happened in that game. Once the coaches learn to teach what needs to be taught, the players will become much better. Until then peace.

It's not coaching. It's inexperience. We played 49.5 minutes of good basketball last night. You are freaking out about the .5 minutes of bad basketball. We beat a team that is ranked higher than us in every metric out there. To win in spite of some boneheaded plays requires some great basketball. We beat them in efg, or%, to%, and ftr. We outplayed them. Try to enjoy it.

If you would really rather watch us lose to Omaha than beat providence, I don't know what to tell you. You may not want to be a college basketball fan because even the great teams make mistakes...in every game
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:44 AM »
I actually think I'm done this year.

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Cohen messes it up 1st by driving. Then misses a layup. Then Cheatham just decides to completely erase all basketball knowledge.

I'm done, I actually think I'm done. Wojo needs to coach some discipline into this team.

in all fairness however, even the tv guys said the refs missed AT  LEAST one call on that possession.  yes, they never should have gone to the hole and brought it back out, but the refs have to call a foul there and then there was the one against them on tracy carter's last drive-he was being bodied all the way down the lane, then arm/hand slap as he tried to release the ball.  oh, i get i get it, the refs don't want to influence the outome and let the players play?  that's b.s.-i know i know ultimately it's the players...., but come on

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/ball-state-cardinals-francis-kiapway-game-winner-double-overtime-eastern-michigan-eagles-012316

we've got a talented young team-mistakes will still be made-these aren't NBA guys, they're 18 year olds playing COLLEGE hoops.  you act like they were dribbling the ball off their foot and bouncing the ball off their heads.  playing before a big crowd, 2 overtimes, good team, adrenalin, fatigue...excuses? yes.  but...oh well-good bye wally, send in the beaver eh'na?
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:44 AM »
The only 'loser' I see from this game is is you unleash.  >:(

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
I guess my question is... What kind of fan are you when you run away from a wildly entertaining, incredibly frustrating young team?   We have a talented, inexperienced, somewhat undersized team that has made huge progress since November.   It has been a rollercoaster ride.  It will continue to be.  Young teams, and life in general, are not Lexus rides on smooth straight roads.  It is messy and bumpy.   And your team is your team.  Abandoning them because they aren't performing to your unrealistic expectations is a weak move.   Every fanbase but one is going to be upset about something at the end of the year.  Check my signature and sack up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »

We're a young team playing in one of the best conferences in the country, against some of the best, toughest teams in the country.  While they may be making some of the same mistakes they made against Belmont, I, for one, think it's been great watching this team progress in other areas. 

Have some pride Unleash.  Or go away. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »
I guess my question is... What kind of fan are you when you run away from a wildly entertaining, incredibly frustrating young team?   We have a talented, inexperienced, somewhat undersized team that has made huge progress since November.   It has been a rollercoaster ride.  It will continue to be.  Young teams, and life in general, are not Lexus rides on smooth straight roads.  It is messy and bumpy.   And your team is your team.  Abandoning them because they aren't performing to your unrealistic expectations is a weak move.   Every fanbase but one is going to be upset about something at the end of the year.  Check my signature and sack up.

Agree except I don't think we're somewhat undersized. How many college teams start two 6'11" guys? We do need to get stronger, though.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 08:37:28 AM »
Other than Providence, in conference, how often has JJ, Sandy, Haanif, Duane, Wally been matched up someone smaller and skinnier than they are?     How often have Luke and Henry been matched up against someone more slender?      As you have seen, they can be worn down by a constant barrage of 6'8, 240 lb. athletic forwards.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »

Why did you bother taking the time to write this or to explain yourself.

You're done. Get the eff out. Go root for the Banana Slugs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »
Other than Providence, in conference, how often has JJ, Sandy, Haanif, Duane, Wally been matched up someone smaller and skinnier than they are?     How often have Luke and Henry been matched up against someone more slender?      As you have seen, they can be worn down by a constant barrage of 6'8, 240 lb. athletic forwards.

Henry and Luke are both 6'11" and 245 lbs - taller and heavier than any C/PF combo in the Big East other than Georgetown's. As a team, we're undersized vs. Georgetown and Xavier and bigger or the same size as the other 7 Big East teams.

That said, I do agree we need to get stronger.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
Why did you bother taking the time to write this or to explain yourself.

You're done. Get the eff out. Go root for the Banana Slugs.

Such a shame.  He has such a great username, too.
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »

Good post.  But I don't see how  you can call this team "undersized".
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
Good post.  But I don't see how  you can call this team "undersized".

They are tall, but they aren't big.  Very slender in fact.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »
They are tall, but they aren't big.  Very slender in fact.

Fair enough. Still not undersized.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
Fair enough. Still not undersized.

If you read what tower said later on in the thread, he was talking about bulk.  Not height.  Let's just not devolve this into a definition of "undersized."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »

Buh Bye.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback