'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Providence Stream/ KC bars?  (Read 1878 times)

BossplayaOtto

• All American
Providence Stream/ KC bars?
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »
Game is on CBS Sports and I dont see it listed as an online stream on their site. http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/live

Traveling and doubt hotel has this channel. Any streaming options?

Or any Marquette Kansas City Bars?

Thanks!

mugoose

• Team Captain
Re: Providence Stream/ KC bars?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:48:20 AM »
channel 221 on directv...any sports bar will have that channel as they all use Directv.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:36 AM »

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
I would ask anyone in this group if they are going out to watch the game
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MUClubKC/

If you're in KC you have to go to Oklahoma Joe's. Best gas station BBQ you will ever have

http://www.joeskc.com/
3002 West 47th Avenue,
Kansas City, Kansas 66103

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
Though I'm not in KC anymore, I do believe the game watching parties have normally been at The Granfalloon at the Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:41 PM »
The Granfalloon can get anything for you and for some reason Joe's dropped the Oklahoma from its name last year - if you go try the Z Man.

If you are staying downtown and don't want to head to the Plaza (all of 3 miles) your safe bet is Johnny's in Power & Light the whole collection of bars and restaurants is pretty cheesy but Johnny's is a pretty regular bar.

If you find yourself just south of the Plaza you can either hit the Brookside or Charlie Hoopers - I prefer Brooksider.  If you do this let me know and I'll buy you a beer, the naginiF home is less than a mile away.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
Thanks for all the responses and the naginiF beer offer. I sincerely appreciate it, especially since my 4 seats are going to go unused- can't believe I can't give away 4 seats against a ranked team :(. My schedule changed and I will be staying in beautiful Topeka tonight so unfortunately the KC options are now out. Of course the hotel has over 100 channels including FS1, NBC Sports and Universal Sports etc. but no CBS Sports so it looks like Topeka BW3s is my spot. Go Marquette. Really could use this one tonight.   

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
Thanks for all the responses and the naginiF beer offer. I sincerely appreciate it, especially since my 4 seats are going to go unused- can't believe I can't give away 4 seats against a ranked team :(. My schedule changed and I will be staying in beautiful Topeka tonight so unfortunately the KC options are now out. Of course the hotel has over 100 channels including FS1, NBC Sports and Universal Sports etc. but no CBS Sports so it looks like Topeka BW3s is my spot. Go Marquette. Really could use this one tonight.

If you're looking to give away seats, I would take them. I have 2 season tickets but the rest of my family would definitely go.

Also, I know with ATT I get live streaming of channels when I log into my Uverse account. I can check for you if CBS Sports is one of those channels and if I can stream it I could give you my login, but unfortunately I don't believe that CBS Sports is one of those channels

Edit: Yeah, it doesn't look like ATT/CBS Sports have the live tv online agreement. Sorry. Enjoy the game!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:31:13 PM by MuEagle1090 »

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 04:52:24 PM »

If BWW is not your thing...there is a Boss Hawg's barbecue in Topeka not far from Washburn University that has a sports bar with all the TV packages...great food actually and I'm sure they could get the game (and it probably will not be real busy since KU played last night).   There is also a sports bar on Wannamaker called Bullfrog's that has decent food and gets mutliple games.  I have been to both on NFL Sundays and they play anything you typically would want for sports (but maybe call ahead to make sure).   I live in KC and there are tremendous options if you ever get this way again.    Topeka is a pit...sorry you are stuck there.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »
MUEagle, PM your name and email and I will forward you my 4 tix. I have them posted in the trading post and on social media but no one has claimed them. They are crummy upper-decker seats but gets your family in the building and we can pretty much sit anywhere for midweek games (as I am sure you can also attest to based on the waning attendance this year) so they won't necessarily have to sit in the corner...

Thanks for checking on the ATT option.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »
MUEagle, PM your name and email and I will forward you my 4 tix. I have them posted in the trading post and on social media but no one has claimed them. They are crummy upper-decker seats but gets your family in the building and we can pretty much sit anywhere for midweek games (as I am sure you can also attest to based on the waning attendance this year) so they won't necessarily have to sit in the corner...

Thanks for checking on the ATT option.

Sent.

Thanks!

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 05:35:17 PM »
Sent.

Thanks!

Just forwarded the 4 tix. Enjoy. Hope they get a W! I'll be at the game Saturday night. My Dad is getting honored as Season ticket holder of the game.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »
If BWW is not your thing...there is a Boss Hawg's barbecue in Topeka not far from Washburn University that has a sports bar with all the TV packages...great food actually and I'm sure they could get the game (and it probably will not be real busy since KU played last night).   There is also a sports bar on Wannamaker called Bullfrog's that has decent food and gets mutliple games.  I have been to both on NFL Sundays and they play anything you typically would want for sports (but maybe call ahead to make sure).   I live in KC and there are tremendous options if you ever get this way again.    Topeka is a pit...sorry you are stuck there.

Thanks for the tips. Heading out now and nice to have options. First time in Topeka. Saying its a pit is being generous :D

source?

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »

LA

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 06:23:26 PM »
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/providence-vs-marquette-live-streaming

Stream is currently working

Once I get through the adds this stream just has a screen that says its offline. Still working for you?

source?

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »
Once I get through the adds this stream just has a screen that says its offline. Still working for you?

Yes, and use ad block.

source?

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »
http://cricfree.sx/update/live9/stream53.php

Backup stream. As always, use ad block

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
Just forwarded the 4 tix. Enjoy. Hope they get a W! I'll be at the game Saturday night. My Dad is getting honored as Season ticket holder of the game.

shout-out to mr. BossplayaOtto for his patronage-there ya go, he's set the bar.  be looking for Bpo on the floor at halftime in a few years!
don't...don't don't don't don't