[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl thread  (Read 13811 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Super bowl thread
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2016, 10:16:25 PM »
Wow.  The media is whining because he skipped out on a press conference.  I'm shocked.

Some of those people are definitely not media members.  I'll continue with the list of athletes that have called him for what he is if you'd like.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2016, 12:26:50 AM »
Right.  He is a whiny, pissy baby.  Not a huge deal.  Which is why I don't get why everyone wants to run to his defense and pretend like what I am saying is some crazy, insane, offensive thing to call him.  It is what he is.  There are A LOT of whiny, pissy babies out there.  I work with some.  I root for some (ssssssshhhhhh, don't tell MerritsMustache, he thinks my criteria for good vs. evil is wearing green and gold vs. not wearing green and gold).  Rodgers, Cutler, Brady, Rivers, Rothlisberger, $cam, etc. are all whiny, pissy babies.  95% of NBA all stars are whiney, pissy babies.  I really don't understand what the big deal of calling it like it is is.

$cam is also a punk.  It is what it is.  Does it make him a horrible human being?  No.  Does it mean he is some thug who should be feared walking down the street or thrown in jail?  No.  It means he's someone who will tear down somebody's personal sign or tell someone he will "slap the sh!t" out of them for heckling him.  Those are things that punks do.  There are A LOT of punks out there.  Not a huge deal.  Just is what it is.

I'm glad he's good in the community, I'm glad he's great with kids, I'm glad he (as far as we all know) hasn't beaten any women or children or abused drugs or alcohol, etc..  Unfortunately, that makes him better than a fairly decent number of professional athletes.  Good for him.  Seriously.

He's still a whiny, pissy baby punk.  Like you said, grand scheme of things, pretty minor thing to be.

Jeesh ... the way you talk. You sound like an effen punk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:30 AM »
Some of those people are definitely not media members.  I'll continue with the list of athletes that have called him for what he is if you'd like.

I don't think you understand.  I don't care that he skipped out on a press conference. 

In a league where we have had to deal with Ray Rice and all sorts of other issues, having Cam Newton skip out on a presser is so far down on the list of things I can concern myself with.  Not even relevant. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
I'll even say this, I think the bigger thug could have been playing quarterback for the Broncos last Sunday.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/01/peyton-s-manning-s-forgotten-sex-scandal.html

I'll take a guy who walks out on a press conference any day over a guy like that...  But you know, Peyton *seems* humble and a good guy.  I mean, he does funny (sic) pizza commercials and hums a cute tune for an insurance company.  Oh and Jim Nantz loves him.  He can't be that bad right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:13:29 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:09 PM »
I'll even say this, I think the bigger thug could have been playing quarterback for the Broncos last Sunday.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/01/peyton-s-manning-s-forgotten-sex-scandal.html

I'll take a guy who walks out on a press conference any day over a guy like that...  But you know, Peyton *seems* humble and a good guy.  I mean, he does funny (sic) pizza commercials and hums a cute tune for an insurance company.  Oh and Jim Nantz loves him.  He can't be that bad right?

Good for Peyton...women shouldn't be in men's locker rooms until men are allowed in women't locker rooms.  Fair is fair, equal is equal. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
Good for Peyton...women shouldn't be in men's locker rooms until men are allowed in women't locker rooms.  Fair is fair, equal is equal. 

So Chico's believes in workplace discrimination and supports sexual harassment to get the point across.  I'm shocked.

BTW, male athletic trainers are allowed in female locker rooms.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:42:08 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2016, 08:10:18 PM »

So Chico's believes in workplace discrimination and supports sexual harassment to get the point across.  I'm shocked.

BTW, male athletic trainers are allowed in female locker rooms.
You need to go to the Politics white, male, overly privileged yet still shockingly victimized regardless of age or affiliation board to bask in the logic.

Edited to represent both sides
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:12:09 PM by naginiF »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »
I believe in fairness....men in the women's locker room, women in the men's locker room.  Anything short of equality, is discrimination.  You are advocating for discriminatory work place, not me.  Oh the irony.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »
I believe in fairness....men in the women's locker room, women in the men's locker room.  Anything short of equality, is discrimination.  You are advocating for discriminatory work place, not me.  Oh the irony.

Male trainers can go into female locker rooms.  You are once again creating a strawman argument that has no basis in reality.

And again, you seem to think it's cool that Peyton sexually harassed someone and has repeatedly violated a confidentially order to call her out.  I'm not surprised.  You like it when white, rich guys exert their power. 

brandx

« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2016, 10:57:26 PM »
Right.  He is a whiny, pissy baby.  Not a huge deal.  Which is why I don't get why everyone wants to run to his defense and pretend like what I am saying is some crazy, insane, offensive thing to call him.  It is what he is.  There are A LOT of whiny, pissy babies out there.  I work with some.  I root for some (ssssssshhhhhh, don't tell MerritsMustache, he thinks my criteria for good vs. evil is wearing green and gold vs. not wearing green and gold).  Rodgers, Cutler, Brady, Rivers, Rothlisberger, $cam, etc. are all whiny, pissy babies.  95% of NBA all stars are whiney, pissy babies.  I really don't understand what the big deal of calling it like it is is.

$cam is also a punk.  It is what it is.  Does it make him a horrible human being?  No.  Does it mean he is some thug who should be feared walking down the street or thrown in jail?  No.  It means he's someone who will tear down somebody's personal sign or tell someone he will "slap the sh!t" out of them for heckling him.  Those are things that punks do.  There are A LOT of punks out there.  Not a huge deal.  Just is what it is.

I'm glad he's good in the community, I'm glad he's great with kids, I'm glad he (as far as we all know) hasn't beaten any women or children or abused drugs or alcohol, etc..  Unfortunately, that makes him better than a fairly decent number of professional athletes.  Good for him.  Seriously.

He's still a whiny, pissy baby punk.  Like you said, grand scheme of things, pretty minor thing to be.

Stupidity personified.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2016, 12:35:05 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2016, 01:19:34 AM »
Male trainers can go into female locker rooms.  You are once again creating a strawman argument that has no basis in reality.

Nope, already showed this is not true the last time you brought it up.  Also, male reporters can't go in to the same level that female reporters can for men's games into the locker room.  Completely unequal.   Hypocrisy to the hilt.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »

I find it kind of disturbing that this is what you come up with in response to that article.  You kind of seem to be working pretty hard to be a caricature of what a lot of people think you are.  Perhaps you're trolling.

Some "acceptable" pro-Peyton responses to an article like this:  "you've only heard half of the story" or "it couldn't have happened like that" or "I know everyone involved and it didn't happen like that."  While those might be questionable, I could at least understand them.

But, "Good for Peyton?"  Are you kidding me?  Even assuming for the sake of argument that there is hypocrisy relating to access of locker rooms by staff of opposite sex (more on that in a second), do you honestly believe a woman who is doing her job should be punished for that hypocrisy?  Really?  Even if you think that the presence of women in locker rooms is a huge injustice, do you honestly think, "Good for Peyton!  He's did something to right an important wrong!"

Jump on your soapbox about the injustice of allowing women in men's locker rooms if you want.  If you think that's an important cause, knock yourself out.  But I'd think there are better ways to combat that situation than having athletes allegedly put their balls in a trainer's face.  Bear in mind, expressing doubts that it actually occurred would have been one "acceptable" response to the story.  But you didn't go that route.  You apparently assumed that it did occur and praised Peyton for it.  That's really disturbing.  Please tell me that this is one that you'd like to take back.

And regarding women in the locker room, that's not what this is about.  If the allegations are true, this was a highly educated and experienced athletic trainer at the University who was providing treatment to Peyton in the training room.  If it's your position that male trainers do not treat female athletes, you are absolutely dead wrong on this one.  I've seen it with my own eyes.

Whether the allegations are true or not, I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone's response could be "Good for Peyton."  I've known you a long time...I don't get this one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:52:38 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
I responded to the one part of his comments that women shouldn't be in a locker room. I agree completely with him.  Men shouldn't be in a women's locker room when women are showering, changing.  Neither should women in a men's locker room.

That's my point of view.  Today there is a massive double standard.  Men are allowed into the locker room of women's sports ONLY before when uniforms are still on, or after when folks are changed.  This is fine.  The same should be done on the reverse side, but it isn't.  Equality...progress....double standards galore.

EDITED:  Fixed
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:03:12 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »
I responded to the one part of his comments that women shouldn't be in a locker room. I agree completely with him.  Men shouldn't be in a women's locker room when women are showering, changing.  Neither should women.

That's my point of view.  Today there is a massive double standard.  Women are allowed into the locker room of women's sports ONLY before when uniforms are still on, or after when folks are changed.  This is fine.  The same should be done on the reverse side.  Equality...progress....double standards galore.

You believe that women shouldn't be allowed in men's locker rooms and it's fine to have that belief. However, you also believe that it's a good thing for male athletes to place their genitals on the heads of those female trainers who are required to be in men's locker rooms for their job?

Just think about that for a second.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »
I responded to the one part of his comments that women shouldn't be in a locker room. I agree completely with him.  Men shouldn't be in a women's locker room when women are showering, changing.  Neither should women in a men's locker room.

That's my point of view.  Today there is a massive double standard.  Men are allowed into the locker room of women's sports ONLY before when uniforms are still on, or after when folks are changed.  This is fine.  The same should be done on the reverse side, but it isn't.  Equality...progress....double standards galore.

EDITED:  Fixed

Well you haven't actually said it, but should we assume from this response that you don't think an athlete should put his balls in a woman's face because she has the temerity to be in a locker room doing her job?  Whether it's a double standard or not?  Or do you think that's cool?

And do you feel that way about female trainers in the team's training room?  Because that's what this is about.  If Peyton is talking about locker rooms in the article, one could think he's being intentionally obtuse.  And, in light of he allegations against him, it seems a little disingenuous that he's appealing to a sense of decorum.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:42:15 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
The NBA handles the women-in-locker-rooms situation perfectly.

Most NBA arenas have an inner LR -- where the showers are  and where only the players and employees (coaches, GM, trainers) are allowed. They also have an outer LR, which is where interviews are conducted.

Players are encouraged to either do interviews quickly, before they get ready to shower, or not until after they are showered and dressed. They are strongly discouraged from going into the outer LR in a state of undress.

NBA teams in older buildings (those without inner LR areas) provide robes for their players. They strongly encourage the players to slip the robes on over their undergarments, so as not to make their private parts public.

It is logical and common sense and genteel and morally intelligent. Why other major sports leagues don't do this, I'll never know.

But even those less-enlightened leagues DO provide large towels for athletes. And any athlete who does not want women to see his male bits simply could opt to wear a towel.

In other words ... EACH ATHLETE HAS THE POWER TO NEVER BE SEEN NAKED BY ANY REPORTER, MALE OR FEMALE.

I will tell you that I am good friends with many female sports reporters -- including several award-winning journalists who attended Marquette and who wonderfully represent our alma mater -- and they have no interest in gawking at male bits. They have trained themselves to look in athetes' eyes and to not let their gaze wander at all. And you know what? I trained myself to do that, too, because I don't want to see the athletes' bits, either!

Chicos, unsurprisingly, is wrong on this issue. There is no reason female reporters should be barred from male locker rooms. The right answer is to change the situation in the locker rooms.

The NBA has been operating in its common-sense manner for well over a decade, so it's not as if the template hasn't been out there for other leagues to follow.

And again, all any athlete in any league has to do is wear an effen towel.

Problem solved!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
Not only is Chicos wrong on the issue, the issue he is discussing isn't really the issue here.  Female trainers are allowed in male locker rooms to perform their work related duties.  Male trainers are allowed in female locker rooms for the same reason.  There is no bias.  There is no double standard.

Peyton was standing up for something that was absurdly wrong.  Not to mention that he did so in a vile manner. 

Apparently if Chicos daughter decided to go into athletic training, he would have no problem with a male athlete sticking his sack in her face to make a point.  Very odd.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
Well you haven't actually said it, but should we assume from this response that you don't think an athlete should put his balls in a woman's face because she has the temerity to be in a locker room doing her job?  Whether it's a double standard or not?  Or do you think that's cool?

And do you feel that way about female trainers in the team's training room?  Because that's what this is about.  If Peyton is talking about locker rooms in the article, one could think he's being intentionally obtuse.  And, in light of he allegations against him, it seems a little disingenuous that he's appealing to a sense of decorum.

Peyton was nice to Chico's wife once, even pretended to be amused when she called his beer of choice "Buttwiper" (clever, no? - I'm sure Peyton nearly fell down laughing at that one). Because of that Chico will defend him forever. He honestly believes the victim in this case "had it coming" and deserved to have someone's nut sack stuck in her face. Amazing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:22:50 PM by Lennys Tap »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 09:24:40 AM »
Crickets from Chicos, who has responded to dozens of other posts since he was called out here.

So it's not as if he's ignoring Scoop, just ignoring having to deal with being wrong. Classic.

feedback