[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: X rated thoughts  (Read 11752 times)

brandx

Re: X rated thoughts
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
wat. He's sporting a 53.6% eFG% this season and is a 69.3% career FT shooter. 52.8% eFG% in BEast play, including 37.7% 3FG.

Duane's shooting 52.8% eFG in BEast play.. who has shot better? Luke at 56.1% b/c of where he shoots from and JjJ at 55.9%... Haany is sub-48%.. HE 46%.. Traci.. 48% and only 36% 2FG

I never said he shouldn't be playing. Maybe you could read my original post again. It is quite clear about that.

But, 7 turnovers in a tight game negates all other numbers. In the last couple minutes (which is what I talked about in my post, in case you didn't understand), possessions are all-important. Offensive Efficiency on a possession is 0.0% if you turn the ball over. Zero percent chance that you score.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »
Duane has to play late. He's got balls. He can make 3s. He can make crafty lay ups. And he can pull up and make jumpers or floaters.

There isn't a shot he's not capable of making. Except like a sky hook or some 7 footer type shot.

His free throw shooting is mind boggling but that's not reason to sit him.

He's in no way a poor 3 pt shooter. Wildly inconsistent? Yes. Poor? No.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 03:46:33 AM »
Not at all. What I am saying is that we can't afford to throw away half of our offensive possessions in the last few minutes. I never said I didn't want Duane to play. I said we can not afford to have two turnover machines (DW and HC) on the floor in the last couple minutes of a game.

Possessions are important. To not even get a shot repeatedly as we have seen in the last couple minutes can't happen.

I wasn't commenting on turnovers. I was commenting that you on how you said he's not a good three point shooter. It's not true
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

connie

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
Duane has to play late. He's got balls. He can make 3s. He can make crafty lay ups. And he can pull up and make jumpers or floaters.

There isn't a shot he's not capable of making. Except like a sky hook or some 7 footer type shot.

His free throw shooting is mind boggling but that's not reason to sit him.

He's in no way a poor 3 pt shooter. Wildly inconsistent? Yes. Poor? No.
I don't want to imply that late game turnovers aren't crushing---they are.  I think the abilities Hayward cites are in short supply on this team and even with the turnover potential require Duane to be in at the end of close games.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2016, 07:17:50 AM »
I do think Wojo did a good job getting them ready to play this game. They certainly responded well after the Seton Hall drubbing. Wojo should be praised fro that. I recognize that a young team will do things to beat them. I also think Xavier fans should be a little bit worried. Xavier was good enough to win their last two games against St. john's and MU, after having those teams beat them for most of the game. It is a sign that Xavier is not playing as good as they should be. Having praise Wojo for his pregame preparation, I do not think he did a good job during the game. Xavier several times scored on designed plays coming after timeouts. Clearly, Mack outcoached Wojo during the game.
Xavier needs to come out of their funk or a so called potential final 4 team will exit the NCAA tournament early.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »
Xavier needs to come out of their funk or a so called potential final 4 team will exit the NCAA tournament early.

....So one road loss to a NCAA tournament caliber team is a funk? Better tell Oklahoma, they got embarrassed by Kansas State who is definitely not making the tournament. Guess they're not a final four caliber team either.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 03:04:42 PM »
Finally had time to fill in the numbers for this game.

Marquette won in 3 of the 4 major indicators:
63.2 eFG% vs. 61.5 eFG%
36.0 OR% vs. 21.2 OR%
39.6% FTR vs. 39.3 FTR

Unfortunately, we got so badly beat in the fourth category that it made up the difference

26.0 TO% vs. 12.1 TO%

This was probably our best played game all season but the turnovers absolutely killed us. Though it should be noted, even though we won in eFG and FTR, X's numbers were still absurdly high.  In fact, with a defenseive rating of 122.1, it was our worst defensive game of the season (@NOVA was 2nd with a D rating of 119.1) If we had limited them more in that area, we could have also won. Killed em on the offensive glass though, hope that becomes a trend moving forward.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:08:47 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 04:23:09 PM »
I think they will. Creighton played very well in front of a big crowd last night. It had kind of a tournament like atmosphere.  The game will serve as a wake up call for Xavier.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire