'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X rated thoughts  (Read 11855 times)

tower912

• All American
X rated thoughts
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »
1.  Busy Saturday's suck.  Been watching the game in pieces between other stuff.
2.  Anybody complaining about anything besides the last 3 minutes and result, turn in your fan card.
3.  Shot well, rebounded well, contested on defense.
4.  Start appreciating Henry.  We won't see his like again as a frosh.
5.  Haanif is going to be fearsome in 3 years.  Could make a run at the scoring record.
6.  Heldt is going to be solid in two years when he needs to start.
7.  OK, I have a complaint.   Too many stupid fouls and careless turnovers that served no purpose.   Need to play smarter.
8.  X is good.  They finished stronger.  No shame in this loss.
9.  If this game is indicative of the new normal for this team, MU is going to be very scary down the stretch.   Well played, warriors.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:32:07 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shark

• All American
Re: X rated thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:28:12 PM »
1.  Busy Saturday's suck.  Been watching the game in pieces between other stuff.
2.  Anybody complaining about anything besides the last 3 minutes and result, turn in your fan card.
5.  Haanif is going to be fearsome in 3 years.  Could make a run at the scoring record.
7.  OK, I have a complaint.   Too many stupid fouls that served no purpose.   Need to play smarter.
9.  If this game is indicative of the new normal for this team, MU is going to be very scary down the stretch.   Well played, warriors.

100% with you. Sad we lost but this effort was night and day compared to the crap-sandwich that was Seton Hall.

The difference between this year and the last couple is that we have a legitimate chance of winning games now. Sure, we could come out and poop on the floor vs the DePaul's and St. John's, but this team has the talent. Henry comes back this team is on pace to be a top 20 team next year. Of course he won't, but the improvement is there. Let's hope for some more games consisting of this effort and make some noise in the BET.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »
Best thing is the toughest part of the conference schedule is in the rear view mirror.  Have a wounded Providence and a Creighton team who has lost three of four coming to the BC, followed by DePaul with a 0.5 home game. CU again on the road.  Then follow with a charged full house against Nova, a homer against Georgetown, and a ninth place Butler on the road. I like our trending.

Win the next three which are very winnable, and MU is in the hunt. Need a nice run here, and it all starts will MU defending the home court.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
Best thing is the toughest part of the conference schedule is in the rear view mirror.  Have a wounded Providence

I'm the opposite on Prov. I consider them hungry after losing 2 in a row. And Bentil exploded for 17 pts in 2nd half today, he looks healthy & has 4 more days to rest up.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 03:59:34 PM »
1) Play smarter, 2) reduce turnovers and 3) stay focused for 40 minutes and this team is a powerhouse in the Big East. Anything less, and it does not have to be much, and it gets ugly. If they play like today and work on 1 and 2 there will be many happy Scoopers. 
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
I'm the opposite on Prov. I consider them hungry after losing 2 in a row. And Bentil exploded for 17 pts in 2nd half today, he looks healthy & has 4 more days to rest up.

He was limping on one leg at the end, and Cooley said if he knew the outcome he may have sat him. Let's see if the ankle swells and how effective he will be. Dunn has not been good with him out.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 04:18:28 PM »
He was limping on one leg at the end, and Cooley said if he knew the outcome he may have sat him. Let's see if the ankle swells and how effective he will be. Dunn has not been good with him out.

I wish he wasn't going to play either :)

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 04:33:31 PM »
Henry isnt coming back...the sooner the fan base realizes that, the better the summer is going to go. Just gotta enjoy him while he is here. Next year we will have a decent shooter (rowsey) and hope on getting a PF transfer or something.

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »
Really enjoyed the game today, was a great effort in a tough environment. I would just like to see us live and die with Tracy at the point down the stretch. We are a TO machine

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »
Henry isnt coming back...the sooner the fan base realizes that, the better the summer is going to go. Just gotta enjoy him while he is here.

OK, I'm so tired of the debate on Henry I could scream!

Unless we have a direct line to God or to the Ellenson family dinner table, none of know if Henry is coming back or not. We don't know what motivates Henry, who is influencing him and what values he has as both a ballplayer and a person.

We instead place our own motivations, desires and needs on Henry and assume his actions based on what WE would do.

I have watched this debate with a friend of mine's son and saw the son do what NO one except his Mom and Dad wanted him to do. I watched as he walked away from millions to get an education.

Will Henry stay or go? Just enjoy the ride and as a fellow Warrior, hope that as a young man, he does what is best for himself and the people with whom he is close.

In the meantime, quit trying to guess!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »

Unless we have a direct line to God or to the Ellenson family dinner table, none of know if Henry is coming back or not. We don't know what motivates Henry, who is influencing him and what values he has as both a ballplayer and a person.

We instead place our own motivations, desires and needs on Henry and assume his actions based on what WE would do.

I have watched this debate with a friend of mine's son and saw the son do what NO one except his Mom and Dad wanted him to do. I watched as he walked away from millions to get an education.

Will Henry stay or go? Just enjoy the ride and as a fellow Warrior, hope that as a young man, he does what is best for himself and the people with whom he is close.

Amen.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »
* Excellent work on the boards, loved the play from Luke today and Sandy's rebounding effort
* Haanif - love that kid.  For those that are saying he is going to a stud when he is a senior, he's almost there now
* JJJ solid again
* Henry is Henry, spoils us he is so good
*  Whatever offensive value Duane had today was far exceeded by bone-headed plays, poor shot selection, dumb fouls, and 7 killer TOs
*  Traci -- slow improvement, but the airball 3 was a killer coming when it did
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »
* Excellent work on the boards, loved the play from Luke today and Sandy's rebounding effort
* Haanif - love that kid.  For those that are saying he is going to a stud when he is a senior, he's almost there now
* JJJ solid again
* Henry is Henry, spoils us he is so good
*  Whatever offensive value Duane had today was far exceeded by bone-headed plays, poor shot selection, dumb fouls, and 7 killer TOs
*  Traci -- slow improvement, but the airball 3 was a killer coming when it did

Duane is such a tough one to figure out. As the self-proclaimed team leader, I am having a tough time figuring out what his role is or where he fits with this team. Not a distributer/floor general and is too small and too poor of a defender to play the 2. Although, he makes huge plays and isn't afraid to take the big shot. Just wish he could play pg because haanif is much less effective when handling the pg position. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »
    "6.  Heldt is going to be solid in two years when he needs to start."

2 years when he NEEDS to start?  i'm thinking we will need a lot more of him next year, starting or 6th man.  i also think he will surprise many of us by how ready he will be next year.  the little bit that we have seen of him so far this year-he has shown way more poise than the minutes he has played
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 05:18:28 PM »
I don't believe that either Luke or Matt are going to suddenly develop the footspeed, ball handling ability, or shooting range to be a stretch 4.    To start them next to each other could be shades of Ox/Tule.  Perhaps for a few minutes in specific alignments, but not as a regular thing. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:05 PM »

Sandy had another push in the back today called for a foul (as did Duane) and another one his man got to. Continues to be a weak point for him. Until he doesn't allow/do this I can't say excellent.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »
Duane is such a tough one to figure out. As the self-proclaimed team leader, I am having a tough time figuring out what his role is or where he fits with this team. Not a distributer/floor general and is too small and too poor of a defender to play the 2. Although, he makes huge plays and isn't afraid to take the big shot. Just wish he could play pg because haanif is much less effective when handling the pg position.
Duane is not tough to figure out. He has been relegated to the fourth option on offense(Henry, Luke, JJJ, and even haniff). Last year he was 2. He is playing tentatively and is pressing--look at how he is short on shots and FT's. Yet at crunch time, Wojo wants him to shoot. That is hard for a kid to transition to. The offense  relegates Wilson to stand around deep in the corner and maybe he will get the ball if Luke, HE, or, JJJ cannot get the look.. That is a coaching decision. If you are the fourth option, yet at crunch time, you are expected to deliver, it is difficult to deal with. Coaching. More plays should be developed during game time for Duane to bring out his potential. That is coaching. I believe that Duane's confidence has been lessened because of the way the offense is structured. I have no problem with the offense structured around HE, but since he is gone after this year, more plays should be developed for Wilson. That will not happen with Wojo. He has put all his eggs in the HE basket. We are improved over last year, but we are 4-7 in conference. Time to try something different since HE is gone anyway.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »
Since the game right after his grandmother's death (that game he was awful), Duane has been very good on offense.    Today, he turned the ball over too much.     But I cannot disagree more that his role is to stand in the corner on offense.    I am not sure we are watching the same games. 

Norm

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
7.  OK, I have a complaint.   Too many stupid fouls and careless turnovers that served no purpose.   Need to play smarter.

Agree on #4, but disagree on #5 - I highly doubt Haanif will make a run at the scoring record.

As for #9, I also do not think this team will be very scary down the stretch, as they are very inconsistent still and tend to play down when they play inferior teams.

MU definitely played hard today and much better than past games, but they still have a lot of though games left where they do not match up roster wise against their opponents.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:54:25 PM by Norm »

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 05:49:32 PM »
Sandy had another push in the back today called for a foul (as did Duane) and another one his man got to. Continues to be a weak point for him. Until he doesn't allow/do this I can't say excellent.
Although on the last one the X guy flopped big time, watched it a few times, imo Sandy barely touched him, guy jumped out of bounds

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 06:04:24 PM »
Gotta admit, I had the same thought about Haanif possibly being a scoring leader given what he has shown so far and the chances he would play 4.

Tower, please try to get the "thoughts" on the board in a more timely fashion so that we are not subjected to the "observations" of puerile dimwits.

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
Where's Wally? He went from playing major minutes to afterthought the last few games. Why?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »
My kid had a game at the same time and then I had to go to a travel baseball meeting.  Life and kids.  Sometimes.......

feedback