[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Is Steven Avery and Brendan dassey innocent in your opinion?

Yes
47 (44.8%)
No
58 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Making a murder  (Read 122657 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Making a murder
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »
Not really new news but hasn't been discussed here. Have seen Season 2 will come out by the end of the year. I also see Ken Kratz is in the headlines doing interviews with his book scheduled to be released soon. I will not be putting money in that guy's pocket by purchasing that one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2017, 11:51:07 PM »
Steven Avery's attorney has filed a 1,272-page notice for post conviction relief in Manitowoc County, Action 2 News has learned.

Kathleen Zellner appeared in person to file the document Wednesday rather than providing an electronic filing. Read the first 220 pages of the document on Kathleen Zellner's web site.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Making-A-Murderer-Averys-attorney-files-1000-page-post-conviction-notice-427053043.html?cid=twitter_WBAY

Local news for the win!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #552 on: June 08, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »
Steven Avery's attorney has filed a 1,272-page notice for post conviction relief in Manitowoc County, Action 2 News has learned.

Kathleen Zellner appeared in person to file the document Wednesday rather than providing an electronic filing. Read the first 220 pages of the document on Kathleen Zellner's web site.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Making-A-Murderer-Averys-attorney-files-1000-page-post-conviction-notice-427053043.html?cid=twitter_WBAY

Local news for the win!

Throw it all and see what sticks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
Throw it all and see what sticks.

Yup.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2017, 09:59:40 AM »
Gotta break out crazy, wasteful tactics like this when you're trying to fee an awful murderer, ainul?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »
Gotta break out crazy, wasteful tactics like this when you're trying to fee an awful murderer, ainul?

Also yup.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »

It's what she does.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
'As of the filing of this petition, Mr. Avery has been locked up for 10,909 days for crimes
he did not commit. Mr. Avery has been alive for 20,058 days, so over 54% of his life has been
spent behind bars. Ms. Halbach's entire life spanned just 9,355 days. Of the 4,238 days that have
passed since Ms. Halbach's murder, only 9 short days were devoted by law enforcement to
identifying the alleged murderer, much less time than the average vacation time allocated in
2005 to the law enforcement personnel involved in the 9-day effort leading to the arrest of Mr.
Avery.'

Helluva legal argument there Kathy.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2017, 07:28:38 AM »
'As of the filing of this petition, Mr. Avery has been locked up for 10,909 days for crimes
he did not commit. Mr. Avery has been alive for 20,058 days, so over 54% of his life has been
spent behind bars. Ms. Halbach's entire life spanned just 9,355 days. Of the 4,238 days that have
passed since Ms. Halbach's murder, only 9 short days were devoted by law enforcement to
identifying the alleged murderer, much less time than the average vacation time allocated in
2005 to the law enforcement personnel involved in the 9-day effort leading to the arrest of Mr.
Avery.'

Helluva legal argument there Kathy.

lies, damn lies, and statistics.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
lies, damn lies, and statistics.

It's literally how her brief starts.  Can you imagine what a waste of time the rest much be?  I feel for the poor judge that has to keep reading because that's his job.  Sorry, I have zero patience for bullcrap.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »
This morning she also tweeted that the recent examination of the bullet that supposedly was fired through her head was found to have actually had wood and paint residue not skin/bone etc.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
This morning she also tweeted that the recent examination of the bullet that supposedly was fired through her head was found to have actually had wood and paint residue not skin/bone etc.

Lawyers for the innocent don't tweet their evidence, they present it.  Tweeting (meaning only playing on public sympathy) is for the guilty.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #562 on: June 09, 2017, 12:06:48 PM »
People tweet these days, I assume she presented it in the brief she filed with the court this week.

Even the leader of the free world tweets.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »
People tweet these days, I assume she presented it in the brief she filed with the court this week.

Of course she presented it.  Why do you think defense lawyers hold big press conferences?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2017, 12:17:39 AM »
Lawyers for the innocent don't tweet their evidence, they present it.  Tweeting (meaning only playing on public sympathy) is for the guilty.

Right or wrong, I'm not sure the same rules apply to this case.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »

Actually, I don't think Angela Merkel has Twitter.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/06/22/key/419836001/?hootPostID=6c76b4b1281658f41b3054f688e5a74b

Appeals court affirms ruling overturning Dassey's conviction.  I feel good about this.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/06/22/key/419836001/?hootPostID=6c76b4b1281658f41b3054f688e5a74b

Appeals court affirms ruling overturning Dassey's conviction.  I feel good about this.

Ya know, if the Dassey stuff hadn't happened I'm pretty sure the Netflix series doesn't happen and nobody cares about this story. Whether that's good or bad from a justice standpoint I don't know (depends on if you think Avery did it or not).

Great example of a prosecutors reach exceeding their grasp
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #568 on: June 28, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »
My apologies to my earlier mud-dragging of Manitowoc County.  I was mistaken in assuming that the DOJ sh|tshow belonged to them.

If the state truly believes that Brendan Dassey did what they say he did, simply retry him.  If they don't think they will win a conviction without his confession, they need to set him free pending appeal.

This is no longer about "who did it."  It's about civil rights and due process.  Even if Dassey is truly guilty, he needs to walk to set an example to the police, investigators, prosecutors, etc. in this state (and the US) that the rule of law applies to everyone at all times.

Failure to observe and respect the rule of law universally and without prejudice was nearly the death of this country once, and those who don't learn from history, blah, blah, blah.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #569 on: December 10, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
Dassey’s confession sticks. Will continue to be locked up.

Avery is a dirty murderer

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »
Supreme Court declines to take on Dassey appeal. Nice!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2018, 10:44:37 PM »
As opposed to Dexter, a clean murderer.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:57 AM »
Supreme Court declines to take on Dassey appeal. Nice!

It's not over yet.

According to Kathleen Zellner, the Avery appeal is going back to the circuit court because the State finally disclosed evidence it failed to disclose for 12 years and the Court wants to know all about it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2018, 03:23:30 PM »
It's not over yet.

According to Kathleen Zellner, the Avery appeal is going back to the circuit court because the State finally disclosed evidence it failed to disclose for 12 years and the Court wants to know all about it.

According to my defense lawyer buddy (who's more familiar with KZ than he'd care to be), the evidence on the CD - an examination of a computer in the Dassey house - is not likely to contain anything that's going to be explicitly exculpatory, which is basically Avery's last hope at this point.  However, he also mentioned that Zellner is probably aware of the CD's irrelevance, and wouldn't waste her time on it unless it was strategic, i.e. on its own, it's worthless, but it could be a step in helping reveal or corroborate a greater theory.

He also said this has devolved into one big cluster that's going to soon be impossible for even seasoned professionals to follow, let alone judges and LEO's who typically go an entire career without seeing a case anywhere close to this.

That said, Netflix has essentially placed a big bet that isn't going to pay off unless Avery gets sprung (or at least if there isn't some sort of revelation that rises beyond yawn-worthy in Season 2).  Not to mention the hit that Zellner's ego is going to take if she can't prevail (this case might be the end of Zellner's career, one way or the other).

I'm still in the camp that believes Avery's guilt/innocence is irrelevant since the legal system failed and therefore, he should be released.  But I'm not optimistic given said downward spiral of complexity which is going to basically confuse people to the point where rule of law can only yield to conventional wisdom (i.e. he's guilty).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.