[Today at 11:36:18 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: First 4 out  (Read 3872 times)

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
First 4 out
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
I know Conference hasnt started..are we in better/worse shape pre-big east than we all thought we would be at this point?! Anxious to hear everyones thoughts!

Joe Lunardi has us in his first four out, updated tonight.

Close to the tourney is exciting stuff. I know its only December. Ill keep calm.

We are!
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

BM1090

• All American
Re: First 4 out
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:26:28 PM »
I know Conference hasnt started..are we in better/worse shape pre-big east than we all thought we would be at this point?! Anxious to hear everyones thoughts!

Joe Lunardi has us in his first four out, updated tonight.

Close to the tourney is exciting stuff. I know its only December. Ill keep calm.

We are!

10-2 pre conference is about what I'd hoped for with a young team and this schedule, so right about where I thought/hoped we'd be.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:26:48 PM »
If we don't make the Dance this year I think Wojo's job security is fair game.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »
If we don't make the Dance this year I think Wojo's job security is fair game.

Keefe, you are smarter than this. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:30:34 PM »
Keefe, you are smarter than this.

I don't have teal on my Surface Pro 3...

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
Fair enough. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »
Fair enough.

Lunardi's prognostications before Christmas is about as meaningful as a discussion on coaching accomplishment so early in the season. And Tower, you have to know I am a fan of Wojo. I expect great things to come but anything this season is a gift - exactly the way I felt about Harbaugh's first year in A2

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »

I was 99% sure you were tealin' it. Glad to know it wasn't the other 1%.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
Joe Lunardi ‏@ESPNLunardi  15h15 hours ago
FIRST FOUR OUT: Marquette, Wisconsin, Georgetown, UNLV. NEXT FOUR OUT: Wake, Oregon St, Colorado, Cal. FOUR MORE: StMary, URI, Tulsa, TTech.

The difference between us and the other three "first four out" is we are on the upswing and the others are going down/underachieving:

Madison - interim coach.
GT - JTIII can recruit but can't coach.
UNLV - Dave Rice is a great recruiter but can't coach his way out of a paper bag!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
so you're a UWM fan as well...

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »
Joe Lunardi ‏@ESPNLunardi  15h15 hours ago
FIRST FOUR OUT: Marquette, Wisconsin, Georgetown, UNLV. NEXT FOUR OUT: Wake, Oregon St, Colorado, Cal. FOUR MORE: StMary, URI, Tulsa, TTech.

The difference between us and the other three "first four out" is we are on the upswing and the others are going down/underachieving:

Madison - interim coach.
GT - JTIII can recruit but can't coach.
UNLV - Dave Rice is a great recruiter but can't coach his way out of a paper bag!

Really confused on how UW is even listed...I understand they have a brutal conference schedule, but their "quality" wins really aren't quality anymore and WIU & UWM at home? Yikes...

Class71

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 04:54:07 PM »
I think bottom line is MU has either exceeded or at least rmet some of our more optimistic expectations. Remember how we felt after Belmont and Iowa? It looked like the wheels were coming off. Remember how many dumped  on the white T's and the practicing outside?

I think sometimes we forget these are kids, good kids who have now bought into the system. Wojo pushed the right buttons. Yes, we will loose periodically and at times it will be frustrating but this team has made real progress. We should be proud of this major first step.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 05:09:38 PM »
I think bottom line is MU has either exceeded or at least rmet some of our more optimistic expectations. Remember how we felt after Belmont and Iowa? It looked like the wheels were coming off. Remember how many dumped  on the white T's and the practicing outside?

I think sometimes we forget these are kids, good kids who have now bought into the system. Wojo pushed the right buttons. Yes, we will loose periodically and at times it will be frustrating but this team has made real progress. We should be proud of this major first step.

Well Said!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brandx

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
10-2 pre conference is about what I'd hoped for with a young team and this schedule, so right about where I thought/hoped we'd be.

Same feeling here.

If the growth continues with the young guys, we'' be OK.

I still think Duane and Traci are the keys. If they play well in-conference, life will be good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »

You're not allowed to give Wojo credit for motivating his players. You're supposed to mock his tactic and proclaim that he'll be on the hot seat when, inevitably, this season turns into a disaster. Then you're supposed to insist that you really are a Marquette fan, just an "honest" one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »
You're not allowed to give Wojo credit for motivating his players. You're supposed to mock his tactic and proclaim that he'll be on the hot seat when, inevitably, this season turns into a disaster or one of the players progress plateaus when you believe it shouldn't. Then you're supposed to insist that you really are a Marquette fan, just an "honest" one.
FIFY