[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joe Lunardi - twitter tracker  (Read 8068 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Joe Lunardi - twitter tracker
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/671514433638817792

Marquette #11 out. First four out, next four out, team X, team Y, Marquette.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Joe Lunardi - twitter tracker
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:10:02 PM »
Mike Mazza ‏@MagicmikeOh8  41m41 minutes ago
@ESPNLunardi keep leaving Davidson on the outside.  They'll just have to get again without your support.

So, Mike Mazza, you really think that Joe Lunardi's predictions carry weight with the selection committee?  Sad, dude.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
Now we are getting just silly.

We're six games into the season. We're a young team with lots of promise and lots of holes to fix. Guessing on our "seeding" or even placement in the NCAA tournament is ridiculous.

There are too many unknowns. There is not enough statistical patterns on our play or ability to estimate yet our chances of an NCAA berth. Put another way, the number of degrees of freedom governing a tournament bid is too great to accurately forecast.

Call back in January.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure we're a No. 1 seed.

Not much sillier to talk about that than about Joe Freakin' Lunardi's MU placement before Nov ends.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:43 AM »
I'm pretty sure we're a No. 1 seed.

Not much sillier to talk about that than about Joe Freakin' Lunardi's MU placement before Nov ends.

You forgot to mention if that was the NCAA, NIT or CBE?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:28 AM »
Now we are getting just silly.

We're six games into the season. We're a young team with lots of promise and lots of holes to fix. Guessing on our "seeding" or even placement in the NCAA tournament is ridiculous.

There are too many unknowns. There is not enough statistical patterns on our play or ability to estimate yet our chances of an NCAA berth. Put another way, the number of degrees of freedom governing a tournament bid is too great to accurately forecast.

Call back in January.

Love it.  Takes me back.  Waaayyyy back.

(+1 on the entire post)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Lunardi has made a career and some big money by being a guilty-pleasure sideshow. None of what he says has any bearing on anything. Congrats to him though. We should all have such a career.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 08:58:40 AM »
Lunardi has made a career and some big money by being a guilty-pleasure sideshow. None of what he says has any bearing on anything. Congrats to him though. We should all have such a career.

Anyone who thinks he has any bearing on selection is...gullible at best. He simply takes data and assembles it in a format that casual fans can understand
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »
1. I get that this is a pointless exercise this early in the season, so this is irrelevant.

2. I don't really understand how he does it this early in the season. It can't be based on resumes. Wisconsin is in as an 11 seed and they are 4-3 with a loss to Western Illinois. So clearly it's not based on resume to this point.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »
1. I get that this is a pointless exercise this early in the season, so this is irrelevant.

2. I don't really understand how he does it this early in the season. It can't be based on resumes. Wisconsin is in as an 11 seed and they are 4-3 with a loss to Western Illinois. So clearly it's not based on resume to this point.

I'm sure that it is a lot like how the polls are constructed--a lot of it is based off of preseason hype/brand recognition/carryover from last year.  As he gets more data points, the initial assumptions will carry less and less weight.  Right now, I'm sure Wisconsin is in largely because of their tournament history, especially coming off a final four.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »

He's probably assuming that a .500 record will give Wisconsin a top ten KenPom rating.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »
Bump. Lunardi released a bracket today, we are the 6th team out. If we could split the two games this week, we could find ourselves in next week's (meaningless) bracket.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »
Bump. Lunardi released a bracket today, we are the 6th team out. If we could split the two games this week, we could find ourselves in next week's (meaningless) bracket.

It's for sure meaningless, but it does give a little snapshot of where we are...... plus it's a nice distraction from work on a Monday.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »

Not much respect for the Big East in that bracket.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
Not much respect for the Big East in that bracket.

True, but outside the league's top 4, I wouldn't pick any other Big East team to be as good as a 50/50 bet right now to make the tournament.  I think one or two more teams may separate themselves enough to give the conference 5 or 6, but I couldn't tell you which teams.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

jsheim

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 11:46:40 AM »
Notice that set of Next 4 Out (after Last 4 Out).... Marquette, LSU, and ASU....was that a tourney of mediocrity.

But time to prove 'em wrong Marquette and LSU will step up....ASU though is headed nowhere fast.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
True, but outside the league's top 4, I wouldn't pick any other Big East team to be as good as a 50/50 bet right now to make the tournament.  I think one or two more teams may separate themselves enough to give the conference 5 or 6, but I couldn't tell you which teams.

But we have teams that are more solid (and excluded) than teams like Colorado, Michigan and Texas, whom he has all of them in.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 11:50:52 AM »
I think ASU is better. Yes, they got swept in LA last week, but so did Arizona.
They just seem more rounded. LSU is showing signs of coming around and shedding the image of a one-trick pony, but the verdict is still out. Plus, for what it's worth, LSU has a #129 RPI and ASU is #46.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 12:52:29 PM »
Wait. I didn't look at the bracket

But he has Texas in? They are awful.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
Wait. I didn't look at the bracket

But he has Texas in? They are awful.

We should have gotten Shaka. He gets .500 teams into the tourney.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BM1090

• All American

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »
But we have teams that are more solid (and excluded) than teams like Colorado, Michigan and Texas, whom he has all of them in.
Looking at the last 8 teams in, they give examples of schedules that are much better constructed for RPI success than ours, with more teams in the 150-300 range and fewer in the 300+ range.  Maybe things even out over time, but all our 300+ games might be the deciding factor when we're compared against teams like Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame and Cincinnati.

feedback