[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sacar Amin  (Read 11902 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Sacar Amin
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
Anim has been mostly playing power forward. There is not much future for a 6'4' 6'5' power forward. Anim can play 2g and small forward, but that is held by Haanif and Cohen. I like Anim, but to say he is our future might be an overstatement.

Not all teams have a physical 6'8" power forward. Anim seems like a decent defender.  I think he can guard an undersized or non-physical 4  position.

I have a funny feeling he will be called upon in a critical game or two thIs year for his defense on a big "3" or small "4".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 01:37:59 PM »
Based on what we've seen so far, I'd have to agree. Wally reminds me of a sophomore Juan Anderson. Lots of energy but toward what end?

I'd like to see Sacar a little more because he is more our future ... unless playing Wally a few more mins a game keeps Henry around for another year. In which case I'm all for Sacar riding the pine!

I think Wally has been OK.  I haven't seen enough of Sacar to make a determination if he is better or worse at this point.  There always seems to be a freshman that doesn't quite meet expectations - either because they aren't as good as expected and/or they don't quite know how to practice and do the other work that is expected of them.  Sacar might be that player right now. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »

I think Wally has been OK.  I haven't seen enough of Sacar to make a determination if he is better or worse at this point.  There always seems to be a freshman that doesn't quite meet expectations - either because they aren't as good as expected and/or they don't quite know how to practice and do the other work that is expected of them.  Sacar might be that player right now.

I agree.  Wally's been fine.  Good position rebounder so far.  He'll contribute this year and may be ahead of Sacar on the depth chart.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »
Could be wrong but I don't think so. I think they end up around 250. Them and Texas Southern are easily the best squads in the swac

I'm not so sure about this. Jackson State beat two bad teams and played within 20 of Baylor. Personally, I think Southern is best positioned to challenge TSU.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
I agree.  Wally's been fine.  Good position rebounder so far.  He'll contribute this year and may be ahead of Sacar on the depth chart.

Was really impressed how high he jumped on an attempted block. Unfortunately he banged his hand on the underside of the rim.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 08:11:18 AM »
From a developmental standpoint,  Matt heldt needs the most on court experience that we can offer. Foul trouble will certainly find its way to Luke and MH will be the one who is called upon during the conference season late in the first half or for spurts in the second half.  His ability to hold down the fort will certainly have a bigger impact on the outcome of games than Sacar.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
Patience lads. Sacars time will come. He's been forced to play out of position a bit due to necessity. Several of his preseason interviews he mentioned that he didn't expect to get much run this year, but obviously hoped that he would. Let's not get negative here - he'll be a nice player for MU. Not every guy has to play every game.

That said, I fully expect him to get some minutes tonight.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
Based on what we've seen so far, I'd have to agree. Wally reminds me of a sophomore Juan Anderson. Lots of energy but toward what end?

I'd like to see Sacar a little more because he is more our future ... unless playing Wally a few more mins a game keeps Henry around for another year. In which case I'm all for Sacar riding the pine!
I would have loved Juan playing a role like Wally.  He would have been great as energy off the bench.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 08:51:48 AM »
From a developmental standpoint,  Matt heldt needs the most on court experience that we can offer. Foul trouble will certainly find its way to Luke and MH will be the one who is called upon during the conference season late in the first half or for spurts in the second half.  His ability to hold down the fort will certainly have a bigger impact on the outcome of games than Sacar.

Excellent point.  And Matt at the moment seems furthest away from being able to contribute effectively.  Hoping he gets a solid full TV timeout run tonight.  He particularly needs to work on his pick/roll technique.  Matt doesn't need to score.  He needs to play D, rebound, and facilitate a little for his teammates.

I'd also like to see if Michael can contribute 'emergency minutes', if necessary.  But no doubt Sacar would be the next best option off the bench at literally any position, including the #5. 

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
Matt doesn't need to score.  He needs to play D, rebound, and facilitate a little for his teammates.

And not move on his screens--think he has already been called for two fouls on moving screens this season.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
I looked at the Iowa game stats to see, if there was a reason that Sacar was not playing. I was surprised to see that he play 9 minutes, which was less than everyone including Heldt. He was 1-2 from three point land for 3 points. There was nothing in the box score to indicate a reason he should not be playing. Of course box scores do not indicate, if he was missing defensive assignments.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »
Anim has been mostly playing power forward. There is not much future for a 6'4' 6'5' power forward. Anim can play 2g and small forward, but that is held by Haanif and Cohen. I like Anim, but to say he is our future might be an overstatement.

Agree that calling Sacar our "future" is an overstatement...but I think he'll play a much bigger role down the road than Wally.  (Unless, as one poster mentioned, Wally plays a role in keeping Henry around!)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »
Agree that calling Sacar our "future" is an overstatement...but I think he'll play a much bigger role down the road than Wally.  (Unless, as one poster mentioned, Wally plays a role in keeping Henry around!)

But again, we are falling into this trap.  Marquette is playing to win games now.  Not to develop players for some future date down the road.  It's not as though Wally is playing huge minutes anyway.  Wojo probably trusts him ahead of Sacar right now and that's OK.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »
IIRC, Sacar was a late bloomer in HS also.  Didn't get a lot of attention until later.

R E L A X.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 01:35:44 PM »
So am I the first one to notice that Sacar's name is spelled wrong in the thread title?  Like he is Idi's nephew or something?
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 01:49:16 PM »
So am I the first one to notice that Sacar's name is spelled wrong in the thread title?  Like he is Idi's nephew or something?

No - it's been bugging me and I keep thinking about fixing it - but have let it go.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »

But again, we are falling into this trap.  Marquette is playing to win games now.  Not to develop players for some future date down the road.  It's not as though Wally is playing huge minutes anyway.  Wojo probably trusts him ahead of Sacar right now and that's OK.

Totally agree that the focus needs to be on now, and that Wojo's trust is infinitely more important than my opinion.  I was more responding to the comment about Sacar being "the future" and my opinion on where things might stand next year. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »

Well no wonder he's hasn't been playing.

feedback