[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:32:41 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sacar Amin  (Read 11901 times)

MU62

• Starter
Sacar Amin
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
I hope to see more of him in the near future.  If this has already been addressed I have missed it.  Hope he is on the right track unless he is  injured to get more minutes - especially against teams we are currently facing. 

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Sacar Amin
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
I hope to see more of him in the near future.  If this has already been addressed I have missed it.  Hope he is on the right track unless he is  injured to get more minutes - especially against teams we are currently facing.

He will get minutes if Wojo feels he deserves them. Pretty simple.

MUMBA

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
From what I gathered from Wojos post game comments, the lead shrank from 26 to 13 fairly quickly, which pinched Sacar's potential for playing time.  If I recall correctly, Matt H was getting some minutes around that time frame.  I figured Sacar was next off the bench.  But when the lead got down to 13, we went back with Fischer and crew.  So I'm not really reading into the lack of PT.  I think Wojo simply wanted to lock down the win at that point.     

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »
Nothing against Sacar at all, because I believe he will develop into a nice player, however I think the team has played better when they have stuck with an 8 man rotation.  There seems to be more continuity with the smaller bench.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:10:52 AM »
Nothing against Sacar at all, because I believe he will develop into a nice player, however I think the team has played better when they have stuck with an 8 man rotation.  There seems to be more continuity with the smaller bench.

+1 -- One problem with the early season M2M defense was too many player combos and roles for kids who were having trouble just learning their primary role on defense.  I think cutting down the rotation has contributed to the improvement in the M2M defense.  There are times when our guys are still trying to figure out who throws the ball to Traci after a basket let alone all the complexities of help defense and switches.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
Sacar used to play ahead of Heldt and Wally. Wally has moved into the 8 man rotation replacing Anim. While Heldt has not played much, he did play the last game and he played in at least one game in New York.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »
Sacar used to play ahead of Heldt and Wally. Wally has moved into the 8 man rotation replacing Anim. While Heldt has not played much, he did play the last game and he played in at least one game in New York.

There's some pretty easy logic to this reality, in that Heldt is really next on the depth chart after Luke and Henry when we need to play with size, or either of those guys has foul trouble. And, Sacar is among a crowd when playing a bit smaller, and Wally has some D-1 experience (including a year playing and a year sitting out, though practicing) under his belt. I've come to accept that, in all likelihood, this will be a learning and growing year for Anim, with limited playing time. Still, his play in Europe and his 'look' so far, give me hope about his contributions to MU in the future.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 01:32:20 PM »
Would like to see Sacar get as many minutes as possible versus the cupcakes.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
Jackson State was a cupcake.  Opportunity missed.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
Jackson State was a cupcake.  Opportunity missed.

Yes...but...they were a low-fat cupcake.  Around 200 calories per kenpom.  The other cupcakes will be of the high fat variety (300-360 calories per kenpom).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
Yes...but...they were a low-fat cupcake.  Around 200 calories per kenpom.  The other cupcakes will be of the high fat variety (300-360 calories per kenpom).

That may be my new favorite analogy.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »
They will end up sub-300.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
They will end up sub-300.

Could be wrong but I don't think so. I think they end up around 250. Them and Texas Southern are easily the best squads in the swac
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:13 PM »
Could be wrong but I don't think so. I think they end up around 250. Them and Texas Southern are easily the best squads in the swac

JayBee welcomes you aboard the Texas Southern bandwagon.   ;)

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Marquette.html

That site provides a sobering model for MU -- a little over 2% chance of finishing with 20 wins or more.
71% chance of finishing with between 14 and 17 wins.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 03:44:21 PM »
That site provides a sobering model for MU -- a little over 2% chance of finishing with 20 wins or more.

Agreed - I clicked on MU after I posted the link,and didn't like what I saw.   But honestly, I don't expect Jackson State to get near 300 rpi, and it provided data to back up my belief :)

So wait...this thread is about Anim.  Hopefully he gets minutes against the fatty cupcakes.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »

Those probabilities are  just based on our current RPI. If we take care of the cupcakes (and UW) then the %'s will go up substantially.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
Those probabilities are  just based on our current RPI. If we take care of the cupcakes (and UW) then the %'s will go up substantially.

RPI currently 161 on that site (using Sagarin).
If we beat the remaining cupcakes and Wisc, projected RPI will be 143.
Beat cupcakes but lose to Wisc, projected RPI will be 173.

All things considered, a W in Madison would be a welcome sight for many reasons.

And Rocky is right; shame on us!
This is Sacar's thread, and even here he's riding the pine.

Hope the young man gets in against Grambling. Like to see hard workers get rewarded.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »
The problem is that we have 5 freshmen that need to get as much experience as possible.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »
The problem is that we have 5 freshmen that need to get as much experience as possible.

Totally agree.  And at the moment (I think correctly) Wojo has decided that 3 of them will get max minutes in an effort to accelerate their learning curve.  This isn't a democracy.  Sacar will be getting very minor minutes unless more are earned in the practice gym.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
Didn't watch the first two games, so I haven't seen Sacar play. I have seen Wally play and it's not pretty. He offers nothing offensively and continually gets beat off the dribble. He does play with a lot of energy, I'll give him that. Wally does rebound fairly well. Sacar must struggle rebounding, otherwise he'd be playing.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »

Not to nitpick, but the win probabilities on RPIForecast are based off of Sagarin's predictor, not based off of RPI. 

A win against UW would change our projected wins (both directly, since that is currently projected as a L, changing it to a W; and indirectly, as it will change our Sagarin rating and therefore might swing some currently projected close losses to wins).

Taking care of business against the cupcakes, however, will not likely change our predictions much, as we are currently expected to win all the rest of our nonconference games handily (by 16-24 points).  So really, in terms of these numbers, we won't really know much more about this team until we get into the BE schedule (other than if we pull out a W out of Madison).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »
Didn't watch the first two games, so I haven't seen Sacar play. I have seen Wally play and it's not pretty. He offers nothing offensively and continually gets beat off the dribble. He does play with a lot of energy, I'll give him that. Wally does rebound fairly well. Sacar must struggle rebounding, otherwise he'd be playing.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd have to agree. Wally reminds me of a sophomore Juan Anderson. Lots of energy but toward what end?

I'd like to see Sacar a little more because he is more our future ... unless playing Wally a few more mins a game keeps Henry around for another year. In which case I'm all for Sacar riding the pine!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 12:11:50 PM »
Anim has been mostly playing power forward. There is not much future for a 6'4' 6'5' power forward. Anim can play 2g and small forward, but that is held by Haanif and Cohen. I like Anim, but to say he is our future might be an overstatement.