Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 6054 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: SOTG
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
Listened to Homer and Mac on my way back from our Thanksgiving trip, have to go with Haanif. Seemed to just be scoring at will. Can't wait to actually sit down and watch his performance tomorrow.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 09:18:41 PM »
Cheat.

How good is this dude gonna be as a junior and senior? Yikes!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 09:21:27 PM »
I loved how the color commentator spent a minute or two talking about Haanif being left handed and how lefties can be difficult to guard. A short time later, Haanif drove the baseline, made a left handed shot and the announcer said how good he is with his off hand.  To top it off the color guy agrees with him. So, the announcer wasn't listening to his partner and the color guy has poor memory skills.

He finished with his left but he drove the baseline using the right handed dribble, which he does quite a bit.  Not that it is overly impressive for a high major D1 guard to be able to use both hands off the dribble, but he's very comfortable going/using his right on the drive, especially on the baseline.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »
He finished with his left but he drove the baseline using the right handed dribble, which he does quite a bit.  Not that it is overly impressive for a high major D1 guard to be able to use both hands off the dribble, but he's very comfortable going/using his right on the drive, especially on the baseline.

It seems that he actually prefers to go right.  Explosive first step is an understatement.  Haanif is going to be outstanding.  And he seems to be a kid that welcomes coaching.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
Henry
Fischy
Haanif
maybe Duane

Teams have to defend more than one guy now.
That's good for us, bad cuz they'll play harder.
SS Marquette

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »
Cheatham.

HE has his usual good case, too, but Cheatham is my pick. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »
Cheatham
Luke
HE

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »
Haanif.  What a solid recruit this young man. 

Yeah, Soph, Jr., Sr. years, what a Warrior!!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 09:49:06 PM »
That is an awesome photo of Haanif. Kind of Juwan Howard-ish.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 06:42:18 AM »
A bunch of you guys said HE.  Frankly, I was a little disappointed in his game that afternoon.  My take was that he had it on cruise control just a tad.  To be the best he can be he needs to give that classic 110% at all times.  Not worried; he's young and coachable.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 07:03:21 AM »
Cheat.

How good is this dude gonna be as a junior and senior? Yikes!

Oh, I dunno.  How good were you as a junior and senior?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 10:26:31 AM »
A bunch of you guys said HE.  Frankly, I was a little disappointed in his game that afternoon.  My take was that he had it on cruise control just a tad.  To be the best he can be he needs to give that classic 110% at all times.  Not worried; he's young and coachable.

So we have a guy on cruise control that can go 7 for 11 with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists? Sign me up.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
That is an awesome photo of Haanif. Kind of Juwan Howard-ish.

It's good, but I kinda feel like we dropped the ball by not using this photo of him;

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »

I agree. Sure, he put up an impressive stat line but that was the type of game where I'd like to see him come out and dominate from the opening tip. Against a low-major with only 2 players over 6'6" (both 6'8"), Henry should have taken over early and not looked back. At times he appeared to be showing off his overall game as opposed to simply playing to his strengths. There was no one on that JSU team who was going to stop him if he got the ball within 10-12 feet of the basket. That's where he should have been. Stepping outside and bringing the ball up after a rebound is all well and good in HS and AAU ball, but those aren't his strengths right now.

I'm not trying to rip the kid or anything like that. He's going to be a great one but he's still young and still has a lot to learn.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
I agree. Sure, he put up an impressive stat line but that was the type of game where I'd like to see him come out and dominate from the opening tip. Against a low-major with only 2 players over 6'6" (both 6'8"), Henry should have taken over early and not looked back. At times he appeared to be showing off his overall game as opposed to simply playing to his strengths. There was no one on that JSU team who was going to stop him if he got the ball within 10-12 feet of the basket. That's where he should have been. Stepping outside and bringing the ball up after a rebound is all well and good in HS and AAU ball, but those aren't his strengths right now.

I'm not trying to rip the kid or anything like that. He's going to be a great one but he's still young and still has a lot to learn.

Won't he learn those things by working on his overall game against weak opponents?  Or should he just always play to his strengths?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
Won't he learn those things by working on his overall game against weak opponents?  Or should he just always play to his strengths?

That's a fair question.

If Henry was an upperclassman or even a soph who had proven himself for a full season, then I could see him working on the weaknesses in his game against cupcakes. However, as a freshman with just a handful of games under his belt, I'd like to see him spend more time playing to his strengths (which still need some refining) as opposed to working on other aspects of his game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »
So we have a guy on cruise control that can go 7 for 11 with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists? Sign me up.

That's not the point.  At the next level, most will be better than him.  As Wojo would say, Henry needs to 'Win Every Day'.

feedback