[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: we are very lucky...  (Read 4662 times)

ecompt

• All American
we are very lucky...
« on: November 25, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »
to be able to watch this team grow in the coming months. There will probably be some clunkers along the way, but watching the freshmen develop alongside Sandy, DuWil and Fisch is going to be fun.
Also, we are lucky to have one of the hardest-working college basketball writers in the country covering the team. As someone who has worked in sports journalism for better than 40 years, I can say with all honesty Matt Velasquez is second-to-none in putting everything out there. JS made a great move giving him this beat. His coverage in Brooklyn was sensational.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: we are very lucky...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »
I'd extend that to the coming years. For the most part, this will be our team for the next 3 years.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:02 AM »
Can't disagree.   I am looking forward to watching the growth.   Remember to temper expectations and be patient. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
Can't disagree.   I am looking forward to watching the growth.   Remember to temper expectations and be patient.

Tower, just for clarification, can you share your predicted record after 5 games?  I have not seen that discussed anywhere else.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »

I am crediting my lucky signature line for our success.   8-)  And Tower for suggesting it.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »
Tower, just for clarification, can you share your predicted record after 5 games?  I have not seen that discussed anywhere else.

1-4.   Pleased to be wrong.   Came very close to being right.  (Two made plays by LSU and ASU at the end) It was a good two nights that went MU's way.     My larger point than the record is that this is a very young team, that I am reluctant to assume that freshmen are going to come in and compete with experienced teams every night.   And to assume that this team is now on track and isn't going to lay more eggs is silly.   It is clear to see that there is talent and potential.   We knew that.   The question is how quickly it comes together.   I was skeptical.   I still am to an extent.  But, there is reason for optimism. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 08:40:32 AM »
I'd extend that to the coming years. For the most part, this will be our team for the next 3 years.

In two years, a backcourt of Carter and Wilson, with both Cohen and Cheatham on the wings is going to be something.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
Luck is a big part of sports, "Luck be a lady tonight".

Having a problem with all the hook shots, not familiar watching BIGS play ball at MU.

Do all the bigs take so many hook shots and miss so many?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »
I thought ASU did a good job of getting into Luke/Henry as they were going up without fouling. Usually Luke can just kind of go straight up and hit his hook. They were into his body as he was shooting which threw him off. He will have to work on finishing those shots with contact.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
Respect the process.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
I thought ASU did a good job of getting into Luke/Henry as they were going up without fouling. Usually Luke can just kind of go straight up and hit his hook. They were into his body as he was shooting which threw him off. He will have to work on finishing those shots with contact.

Thank you, still would like the stats on hook shots, back in the day, when Marquette was the home of short warriors, we did not see many hook shooters.  Yesterday I saw a lot of them by Luke and HE, what is considered a good percentage of makes? 

Is the success rate in the realm of 3 point shooting? Do the shooters expect an and one from the hook shot?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:07:26 PM by vogue65 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »
1-4.   Pleased to be wrong.   Came very close to being right.

I don't know about "very close". We could as easily be 4-1 as 1-4. Right now you're in a dead heat (2 games off) with the guys who had us 5-0.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
I don't know about "very close". We could as easily be 4-1 as 1-4. Right now you're in a dead heat (2 games off) with the guys who had us 5-0.

Yup.  Once close loss, one blowout, and 3 nail-biting wins.    Could be anywhere on the spectrum from 4-1 to 0-5.   Nobody stays right forever.   

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »

In two years, a backcourt of Carter and Wilson, with both Cohen and Cheatham on the wings is going to be something.

Yup, if MU can bring-in or develop a serviceable big in that time they could be a top tier team.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 11:21:10 PM »
Yup.  Once close loss, one blowout, and 3 nail-biting wins.    Could be anywhere on the spectrum from 4-1 to 0-5.   Nobody stays right forever.   

https://youtu.be/yZymBti7700

feedback