[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:32:41 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just watched the game yesterday.  (Read 1105 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Just watched the game yesterday.
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
And while they are two very important areas outside of FT shooting and the unreal TO numbers(again). We played really well.

Offense had way better flow and was real efficient for a while. 3 of our Key guys actually canned 7 3s. D was a lot better at getting stops and many pts came cuz of the damn TOs and not actual defense. Rebounding was great.

JJJ was actually fantastic. I always said last year he's our best passer and playmaker. Guy put the ball on the spot all night. Sadly, we bricked a bunch of shots. And with his 16 pts he also didn't get to shoot his FT and had a great take that gave Sandy a follow up.

Hopefully he keeps playing like this in control and attacks to make plays. He's one of our most reliable ft shooters and a great passer.

O and if he can start consistently making 2/5 wide open 3s that would be great too.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Just watched the game yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:14:39 PM »
And while they are two very important areas outside of FT shooting and the unreal TO numbers(again). We played really well.

Offense had way better flow and was real efficient for a while. 3 of our Key guys actually canned 7 3s. D was a lot better at getting stops and many pts came cuz of the damn TOs and not actual defense. Rebounding was great.

JJJ was actually fantastic. I always said last year he's our best passer and playmaker. Guy put the ball on the spot all night. Sadly, we bricked a bunch of shots. And with his 16 pts he also didn't get to shoot his FT and had a great take that gave Sandy a follow up.

Hopefully he keeps playing like this in control and attacks to make plays. He's one of our most reliable ft shooters and a great passer.

O and if he can start consistently making 2/5 wide open 3s that would be great too.

JJJ is playing with a lot of confidence. He has now realized that when he drives it he can get that step on the defender, and he can do a lot of good things while he is airbone in terms of positioning the shot off the backboard.  I agree with you on his passing. It compliments his driving extremely well. I think if he sticks with what he is doing on the slashing and transition good things will happen.

It is interesting to note that his free throws have always been good while his general outside shooting has room for improvement. Any modest improvement in the outside shot will really accrue to the teams benefit.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Just watched the game yesterday.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »
JJJ is playing with a lot of confidence. He has now realized that when he drives it he can get that step on the defender, and he can do a lot of good things while he is airbone in terms of positioning the shot off the backboard. 

Both JJJ and Duane Wilson are actually quite clever with angles and spin when putting the ball on the backboard off the drive.  Its good entertainment when they get it right.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback