Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post-LSU Wojo  (Read 2541 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Post-LSU Wojo
« on: November 23, 2015, 08:21:27 PM »
For everyone who dumped on him for Iowa and, more importantly, questioned whether he should be at MU at all, gotta eat some crow now.

Orrrr... maybe we shouldn't go so crazy after 1 result whether it's a win or a loss.

tower912

• All American
Re: Post-LSU Wojo
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »
He lit a fire under them.   He got them to be aggressive on offense all night and not settle for 3's.   Defense..... still looked awfully young. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
Yeah, we shouldnt overreact period, but its a message board so....

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »
Not gonna get out too far ahead but the team looked way better than it did on thursday

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »
The first 2 months of the year you're going to be a different team every single night.  We're too young to be consistent, and we're too young to know you're not supposed to lose by 30 at home to an unranked team and then beat a ranked team on a neutral court 5 nights later.

P.S. Wojo was NOT happy with Duane's shot at the end.  Nor should he have been.  Great game by Duane, but still a couple head scratchers.  As it will be for almost everyone almost every game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »
Orrrr... maybe we shouldn't go so crazy after 1 result whether it's a win or a loss.

Start the 24 hour clock until "How long until K hands the Duke job over to Wojo?" or a bump of the "Fire Wojo!" thread.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »
Start the 24 hour clock until "How long until K hands the Duke job over to Wojo?" or a bump of the "Fire Wojo!" thread.

Already got bumped

1SE

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »
Encouraged by the way he and the team responded.  I think that kind of response shows he thinks the first 3 results were as unacceptable as anyone else.  Now let's see if he sustains - and if he does I'll happily eat my crow pie while watching MU in a tourney. 
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 02:56:50 AM »
Encouraged by the way he and the team responded.  I think that kind of response shows he thinks the first 3 results were as unacceptable as anyone else.  Now let's see if he sustains - and if he does I'll happily eat my crow pie while watching MU in a tourney.

Lol. Open season to dump on the guy after 1 bad loss. But after 1 good win? "I need to see more before I make a decision." What a joke.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 03:03:16 AM »
Can you specify exactly what your requirements are for this?  It will help in identifying a) that you have totally unrealistic expectations for the team, b) your 'eat crow' point, or c) your level of trolling i.e. everything that good that happens does so despite coaching, everything bad that happens does so because of coaching. 

Wades summed up our situation perfectly = I hope to see a continuation of last nights team (less 75% of the TO's) against ASU but it wouldn't surprise me to see a disjointed group of kids who think they are world beaters and get rolled. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 06:52:26 AM »
Clearly Wojo is the long-term answer we've been waiting for since Al stepped down. After last night, I think it's only a matter of time before he supplants Al as Marquette's all-time leader in wins, Final Fours, Championships, and pretty much every other meaningful coaching stat except for memorable quotes.

I say we give him a lifetime contract now and begin making arrangements to have his brain preserved in a cybernetic body so we never have to replace him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but the Marquette team that played last night (and against Belmont) was the one I expected to see this year.  A lot of freshman mistakes and general knuckleheadedness mixed with a lot of great plays and runs where the talent takes over.  Trouble finishing games, etc.   Steal some we should of lost and blow some we should have won. 

I'll admit that IUPUI and Iowa had me thinking that it was going to be mostly the knuckleheadedness, but last night's game renews hope.  Win or lose, play like that and it is a fun team to watch.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback