[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: USC - Sarkisian  (Read 2625 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: USC - Sarkisian
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 10:10:02 PM »
Should have been fired/never hired but I do wonder if there will be blow back to USC for firing a clearly troubled guy and basically saying good luck hope you can figure everything out on your own even though we've clearly known about this for at least 6 months if not a year.

If you strapped Rhino on your ass reeking of cheap vodka I think your Skipper would be wishing you well in your post-Naval career.

I know people talk about alcoholism being a disease but when you sign up for a job you give your employer your word that you will show up every day, perform, observe essential social norms, and get along. Showing up drunk means that you are breaking your word.

Guys like Sarkisian need to get well on their own dime - especially since he is in a leadership role.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 11:46:26 PM »
It's not hard at all and when you earn multiple degrees, you have a little allegiance for your alma mater(s).

Typical liberal academic elite.

I knew it!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 12:06:24 AM »
Typical liberal academic elite.

I knew it!

When I retire in a few years, I'm definitely going to become a lecturer or work at a college kick'n back.  I worked at a university for 5 years, might as well end my career that way.  Maybe I'll swing by North Carolina for a brew with you. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 06:06:22 AM »
If you strapped Rhino on your ass reeking of cheap vodka I think your Skipper would be wishing you well in your post-Naval career.

I know people talk about alcoholism being a disease but when you sign up for a job you give your employer your word that you will show up every day, perform, observe essential social norms, and get along. Showing up drunk means that you are breaking your word.

Guys like Sarkisian need to get well on their own dime - especially since he is in a leadership role.

Don't misconstrue my post, I'm not endorsing the idea that there should be blowback for firing him....I was just speculating that there might be.  Sark should absolutely be fired and quite frankly USC should be looking at further repercussions for staff and athletic department because he couldn't have had a problem this big and not have it know for years.  There should be fall out for the leadership team letting it even get to this point and I think he was only fired because they couldn't explain away his absence to the media at Sunday practice.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:10 AM »
Don't misconstrue my post, I'm not endorsing the idea that there should be blowback for firing him....I was just speculating that there might be.  Sark should absolutely be fired and quite frankly USC should be looking at further repercussions for staff and athletic department because he couldn't have had a problem this big and not have it know for years.  There should be fall out for the leadership team letting it even get to this point and I think he was only fired because they couldn't explain away his absence to the media at Sunday practice.

I think MerrittsMustache summed it up best:

The coach of an unbeaten team drinks!!! What's the problem??

I actually lifted a quote from Abe Lincoln who, when told that US Grant as Commander of the Army of the Potomac drank a bottle of whisky a day, replied, "Find out what brand he drinks and send a case to all my other commanders!"

Outrage in this country is highly contextualized.

Some say that alcoholism is a disease. I actually had to let someone go because of his drinking. Magnificently gifted person but when the sleeping under his desk became routine it was time to show him the door. Funnily enough, after he missed an important meeting on the morning of March 18th because he woke up passed out on a stranger's floor because of too much St Patty's fun, he could not see how it was a problem because, "Hey! It was St. Patrick's Day!"

It is never an employer's burden to subsidize stupid behavior.

Death on call

feedback