[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Madness Tonight  (Read 2873 times)

BM1090

• All American
Marquette Madness Tonight
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
Never been to it. Considering going. Is it worth the time? What does the schedule of events usually look like? Is there an admission fee to get in? If so, how much? Do I need to arrive early to ensure that I get a spot?

Thanks!

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Marquette Madness Tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »
I was about to make a post about this as well, so I'm going to steal your spotlight:

I'm taking my nephew to this tonight whose 4 years old. I was reading earlier how this year they are handing out wristbands to enter, and that they will be doing that around 4:30. I'm not planning at all to go to the block party beforehand. In years past I would arrive 20-30 minutes after it began, does anyone know if I will be able to enter/receive a wristband if I arrive between 7 and 7:30?

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »
Any Recruits at the Madness tonight.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
With the change to the Block Party/Wrist Band system I don't know how that will impact things.  In years past (post college) me and some friends would have dinner somewhere around campus then show up about 30 minutes after event start(watching the students stream out with their free tshirt) and didn't have any issues.

I'm guessing with the block party that won't be as easy but I don't know.  You could also wait an hour or so after the start to head in....things usually cleared up before they got to the men's scrimmage which was last in the order of events historically
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
Oct. 9, 2015

Below are some clarifications on the admission procedures for today's Blue & Gold Fund Block Party and Marquette Madness.  The festivities begin at 4:30 p.m.

•Wristband distribution for Marquette Madness will begin at 4:30 p.m. and fans can begin lining up at 3 p.m.
•Wristbands will be distributed from location in middle of 12th street in front of main Al McGuire Center entrance (street closes at 2 p.m.)
•All seating in general admission, but only Gold wristbands will be allowed in the lower bowl and Blue wristbands provide a seat in the upper level.
•Once fans have received wristband, they can choose to attend the block party or wait in line for doors to open for Marquette Madness at 6:30 p.m.
•B&G Block Party is free and wristband isn't required for admission
•The B&G Block Party will continue through the conclusion of Madness, featuring the TWC SportsChannel broadcast on a large video wall in Lot F.
•Free parking for both events will be provided for fans in Structure 2 (located at corner of 13th and Wells) until it reaches capacity
•Both the men's and women's basketball teams will be signing autographs from 5:15-6 p.m. at the block party. There will not be a formal post-Madness autograph session like previous years.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
With the change to the Block Party/Wrist Band system I don't know how that will impact things.  In years past (post college) me and some friends would have dinner somewhere around campus then show up about 30 minutes after event start(watching the students stream out with their free tshirt) and didn't have any issues.

I'm guessing with the block party that won't be as easy but I don't know.  You could also wait an hour or so after the start to head in....things usually cleared up before they got to the men's scrimmage which was last in the order of events historically

I would hope that they would allow people in as the t-shirt crowd leaves.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »
No video for out of staters? Can someone periscope it or something.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
No video for out of staters? Can someone periscope it or something.

My Nephew is going tonight....doing his campus tour today.  Hope MU puts on a good show tonight for him

I will see if he can do some video on his phone for us.

You up for Que next Sunday?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
Any deliveries of an ATV and karate gis?

Death on call

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
Any deliveries of an ATV and karate gis?

They're collecting dust under Tower, along with the hyperbaric chamber.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

feedback