[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB Playoffs  (Read 34618 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: MLB Playoffs
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
I guess it wasn't very clear but I was supporting you. Brewers fans (like wades) and Sox fans hate all things Cubs and tend to blame that hatred on the obnoxious Cubs' fans, despite the fact that very few other fanbases have anywhere close to that same level animosity even if their stadiums are filled with Cubs fans.

Grouping all sox fans in that category is the same exact thing as grouping all cubs fans together. No difference. See my earlier posts.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »
Grouping all sox fans in that category is the same exact thing as grouping all cubs fans together. No difference. See my earlier posts.

FIFY

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »
Guess it just goes to show why they're 1-3.

Must've been the enhanced leadership ability he showed in the offseason.  Kind of like when his teammates and coaches were saying he had taken a huge step forwards going into last season and he was ready to have an MVP season  ;D

That has nothing to do with anything. You tried to claim that his teammates don't like him and that's just not true.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
That has nothing to do with anything. You tried to claim that his teammates don't like him and that's just not true.

http://97zokonline.com/brian-urlacher-calls-out-jay-cutler-during-interview/

He also called him out for being his only teammate not to call him when he retired.  Which is exactly what I said.  Brandon Marshall (another potential HOF player) also called him out this offseason.  You brought up his current teammates, I had never said anything about them.

And turns out that some of Cutler's former Hall of Fame teammates feel the same about him as I do.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:03:04 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »
Leave it to wade to turn a MLB thread into a let's talk about how terrible a person and quarterback jay Cutler is. Give it a rest dude.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »
Brandon Marshall is a crazy person. 

And wades is Scoop's Skip Bayless.

Hope this helps.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »
Leave it to wade to turn a MLB thread into a let's talk about how terrible a person and quarterback jay Cutler is. Give it a rest dude.

Hmm, might want to check who brought up the Bears and Cutler in this thread.  Get back to me on that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »
Hmm, might want to check who brought up the Bears and Cutler in this thread.  Get back to me on that.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, though.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, though.

Huh? Last time I checked we were talking about the unnessary hatred cubs fans get after yoy took a shot at chicago. Someone brought up your previous digressions against chicago sports teams and you took it and ran with it again. Let's not pretend yoy did nothing to instigate it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
Huh? Last time I checked we were talking about the unnessary hatred cubs fans get after yoy took a shot at chicago. Someone brought up your previous digressions against chicago sports teams and you took it and ran with it again. Let's not pretend yoy did nothing to instigate it.

Nothing to instigate what?  So me saying that every single MLB fan base in the United States of America boos when their players get hit at a home game instigated bringing up Jay Cutler and the Bears?  Got it.  That makes sense.

Sorry for the instigation.  You're right, leave it to me to turn an MLB thread into a discussion about the Bears and Jay Cutler because I responded about fan reactions to being hit by pitches (an event that happens in the MLB...).

;D

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
Nothing to instigate what?  So me saying that every single MLB fan base in the United States of America boos when their players get hit at a home game instigated bringing up Jay Cutler and the Bears?  Got it.  That makes sense.

Sorry for the instigation.  You're right, leave it to me to turn an MLB thread into a discussion about the Bears and Jay Cutler because I responded about fan reactions to being hit by pitches (an event that happens in the MLB...).

;D

This was your instigation:

Ahh, the chirping that comes when your team finally wins a "Playoff game" for the first time in 12 years.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
I was just referring to wades taking shots at Chicago teams in nearly every thread about sports or players - Cubs, Bears, Blackhawks, Cutler, etc.

Blackhawks?  More like Bulls.  Other than the Kane investigation I don't think I've ever said anything about hockey on here.  I don't pay one iota of attention to hockey.  And with the Bulls it's pretty much just Derrick Rose.  Turns out, Jimmy Butler feels about the same as I do about him. And turns out that some of Cutler's former Hall of Fame teammates feel the same about him as I do.  So there's that.

What about his current teammates who voted him a team captain?

jesmu first mentioned Cutler, albeit somewhat in passing.

wades took exception, as he tends to do.

I pushed it. I'll take the blame on this one, though I'm not the only one at fault here  ;)

brandx

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
http://97zokonline.com/brian-urlacher-calls-out-jay-cutler-during-interview/

He also called him out for being his only teammate not to call him when he retired.  Which is exactly what I said.  Brandon Marshall (another potential HOF player) also called him out this offseason.  You brought up his current teammates, I had never said anything about them.

Guys have a limited shelf life in the NFL. Stars aren't going to call him out until they retire or are traded because they want to remain in fan's good graces. Marginal players aren't going to do it because they want to stick around.

Packer player on offense have to answer to Aaron even before the coaches. We've seen him go off on players who didn't prepare properly a few times. Jay would never garner that sort of respect.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
This was your instigation:

You left out the whole part about me hoping the Brewers are in that position within the next 8ish years...AKA I was saying I'm jealous of where the Cubs are.  So if that's instigating then yes, again, my fault.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
Packer player on offense have to answer to Aaron even before the coaches. We've seen him go off on players who didn't prepare properly a few times. Jay would never garner that sort of respect.

Jay has done that plenty of times and he then gets ripped in the media. This is somewhat similar to the LBJ/JJ Watt thread. Both Rodgers and Cutler can be aloof, prickly and standoffish. However, Rodgers cares greatly about his image, does fun commercials and "It's Aaron," which makes him seem warm and fuzzy. Oh, and he's also the best QB in the game today which gives him a pass on being a d!ck at times. Cutler, on the other hand, doesn't care about his image and he's not big on endorsements or on self-promotion when it comes to his charity work. Therefore, he seems primarily aloof, prickly and standoffish. Also, he also hasn't lived up to his hype in the NFL which makes him an easy target.

All that said...who you guys got tonight? KC or Houston? KC is a better team but Houston reminds some of last year's KC team where they're too young to realize that they're not supposed to be here so they'll play loose.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »
Jay has done that plenty of times and he then gets ripped in the media. This is somewhat similar to the LBJ/JJ Watt thread. Both Rodgers and Cutler can be aloof, prickly and standoffish. However, Rodgers cares greatly about his image, does fun commercials and "It's Aaron," which makes him seem warm and fuzzy. Oh, and he's also the best QB in the game today which gives him a pass on being a d!ck at times. Cutler, on the other hand, doesn't care about his image and he's not big on endorsements or on self-promotion when it comes to his charity work. Therefore, he seems primarily aloof, prickly and standoffish. Also, he also hasn't lived up to his hype in the NFL which makes him an easy target.

All that said...who you guys got tonight? KC or Houston? KC is a better team but Houston reminds some of last year's KC team where they're too young to realize that they're not supposed to be here so they'll play loose.

Can't decide how many games these series go, but I'm going with Rangers, Royals, Cards, and Mets (no idea why, just have seen the Dodgers fail to perform in the Playoffs too often).

🏀

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
They haven't been to a World Series since 1945.    They have won a total of 3 Playoff series since then.  For a big market team, they have essentially been a joke for 108 years.

And all of those years of futility have nothing to do with where the team and franchise is going to go in the next 5 - 10 years. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2015, 05:59:20 PM »
And all of those years of futility have nothing to do with where the team and franchise is going to go in the next 5 - 10 years.

...and 1 3rd place finish in the division doesn't turn all those years from being a sorry franchise to a not sorry franchise.  The future looks bright.  But they haven't done anything at all.

It would be like a Marquette fan claiming that they have had the better program over the past 5 years if Marquette wins their first round game and then loses in the round of 32 while Wisconsin loses in the first round this year.  Yes, the future looks bright, but that doesn't erase what has been done in the past.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:04:10 PM by wadesworld »

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2015, 06:10:14 PM »
So...... about those MLB playoffs...........

Jays losing the first one at home was a little surprising.  Price just has not brought it in the playoffs.  Now they have to go out and beat Cole Hamels. Pressure is on.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2015, 07:34:30 PM »
...and 1 3rd place finish in the division doesn't turn all those years from being a sorry franchise to a not sorry franchise.  The future looks bright.  But they haven't done anything at all.

It would be like a Marquette fan claiming that they have had the better program over the past 5 years if Marquette wins their first round game and then loses in the round of 32 while Wisconsin loses in the first round this year.  Yes, the future looks bright, but that doesn't erase what has been done in the past.

The 3rd place finish in the division happened to be the 3rd best record in baseball but you must have accidentally left that information out. 

I didn't say they've accomplished anything or that the past ineptitude didn't happen.  However, the futility of the past has no bearing what will happen in the future.  This is a different organization with different ownership and a different front office.  The shape the franchise is in today is probably the best it has ever been. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »
The 3rd place finish in the division happened to be the 3rd best record in baseball but you must have accidentally left that information out. 

Also, happens to be more wins in a season then any Brewers team has ever put together.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »
Also, happens to be more wins in a season then any Brewers team has ever put together.

Yaaaay!  If you have to compare your franchise to the Brewers franchise, you have just proven my point that you are a sorry franchise.

But my fault, you guys are right.  Because the Cubs had 1 season with 97 wins they are no longer a sorry franchise.  Which is exactly what I said.  1 season doesn't turn a franchise from being a joke to being great.  Yes, they are currently a very good team, and the future looks very good.  But that doesn't mean they're not a sorry franchise.

Another example, just because the Minnesota Vikings were good for a year with Brent doesn't mean they suddenly because some great franchise.  Was that season sorry?  No.  Was this season sorry for the Cubs?  No.  But 1 good season doesn't decide whether it's a good or bad franchise.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2015, 11:35:14 PM »

Yaaaay!  If you have to compare your franchise to the Brewers franchise, you have just proven my point that you are a sorry franchise.

But my fault, you guys are right.  Because the Cubs had 1 season with 97 wins they are no longer a sorry franchise.  Which is exactly what I said.  1 season doesn't turn a franchise from being a joke to being great.  Yes, they are currently a very good team, and the future looks very good.  But that doesn't mean they're not a sorry franchise.

Another example, just because the Minnesota Vikings were good for a year with Brent doesn't mean they suddenly because some great franchise.  Was that season sorry?  No.  Was this season sorry for the Cubs?  No.  But 1 good season doesn't decide whether it's a good or bad franchise.

I'm a Brewers' fan and you sound like an idiot. If the Cubs are a sorry franchise, what does that make the Brewers?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2015, 06:33:59 AM »
I'm a Brewers' fan and you sound like an idiot. If the Cubs are a sorry franchise, what does that make the Brewers?

Haha. It makes the Brewers a sorry franchise. Where did I ever claim the Brewers were anything more? Or that they are a better franchise than the Cubs?

The Cubs haven't won a WS in 108 years, they haven't been to a WS in 70 years, they have won a total of 3 Playoff series in 70 years, they just won their first Playoff game in 12 years in a 1 game Wild Card playoff, they just now made their 7th Playoff appearance in the last 70 years, they have won their Division 5 times in the last 70 years, etc.

If someone who looks at what the Cubs have done, a team who can spend as much as they want, comes to the conclusion that they're a sorry franchise is an idiot, then hell yeah I'm an idiot. Because that's absolutely a sorry franchise, which doesn't mean the Brewers are some great franchise. Not sure where someone would come to that conclusion.