[Today at 09:45:23 PM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[Today at 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[Today at 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Louisville knows how to recruit!  (Read 27469 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Louisville knows how to recruit!
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »
This is honestly the best thread of the offseason. I would love to see the demise of Louisville.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
Also, the Louisville scout message board is going insane right now. People claiming conspiracy theories everywhere. Feel free to make some popcorn before reading.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
This is honestly the best thread of the offseason. I would love to see the demise of Louisville.

Could this blow-up fast enough to sink this season with penalties and/or sanctions?

Or will these too take months and months/year of investigation/recommendations/appeals/discussions ... like the UNC phantom class scandal?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
This *should* be relatively easy to figure out.  The UNC class scandal was a something worse because it was so systemic, but because it was systemic, it has been hard for the NCAA to rule.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »
Also, the Louisville scout message board is going insane right now. People claiming conspiracy theories everywhere. Feel free to make some popcorn before reading.

You aren't kidding. They're talking about how Jaquan Lyle needs to be sued for slander. Half seem to be in the "this is all a lie" camp, the other half is in the "big Fing deal. We're motherloving Louisville, we'll keep winning and recruits will keep coming" camp.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
You aren't kidding. They're talking about how Jaquan Lyle needs to be sued for slander. Half seem to be in the "this is all a lie" camp, the other half is in the "big Fing deal. We're motherloving Louisville, we'll keep winning and recruits will keep coming" camp.

Or that Lyle "had a gun to his head" by offering him immunity.  The NCAA isn't looking to harm Louisville.  They are just letting him know that he has one chance to truthfully tell his story, and that if it turns out he is lying , he could lose eligibility.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
If I were western Kentucky, I'd be terrified right now.

Yes, as in the NCAA will be so angry at Louisville, it puts both Western Kentucky and Murray State on three years probation!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »
I can't believe ______.scout.com wasn't my go to site when other universities hit the rocks.  Very entertaining.

Some posts were reassuring in their familiarity...."the Louisville BBall program is bigger than one coach".  Some posts were rational...."we should wait for the process to unfold before we panic but it doesn't look good".  MANY posts were hilarious.....won't duplicate what others have noted, but I'll add that in the threads i've read, if you are a UL fan you no longer can say or type the word 'prostitute' as it has been replaced by 'stripper'. 

source?

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »
This is great schadenfreude. Their football team sucks and their basketball team will likely be screwed (heh, heh). It's a great time to be alive.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »
...and their basketball team will likely be screwed (heh, heh)...

I wonder if they'll be stripped of their title.  Either way, they might not be dancing this year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
I wonder if they'll be stripped of their title.  Either way, they might not be dancing this year.

Double zing!
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
Henry Ellenson is thinking "All I got was some f***ing ice cream!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2015, 09:20:30 AM »
Rumor mill regarding Pitino's replacement.    Robert Horry.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:37 AM »
Rumor mill regarding Pitino's replacement.    Robert Horry.

Thats insane.  No connection to L'ville and never been a coach at any level.  This isn't Derek Fisher or Jason Kidd going right to the NBA.  The fan base would riot.

The sanctions they are going to slap on Evansville for this will make people's head spin.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
Thats insane.  No connection to L'ville and never been a coach at any level.  This isn't Derek Fisher or Jason Kidd going right to the NBA.  The fan base would riot.

The sanctions they are going to slap on Evansville for this will make people's head spin.

Something went over someone's head.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2015, 09:43:05 AM »

Say the last name OUT LOUD.    Humor alert.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
Say the last name OUT LOUD.    Humor alert.

Well done.  That went well over my head.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
On a related note, if Robert Horry (say the name out loud) WERE the new coach at Louisville, his players could compete to see who would be the next 'Big shot Bob'.   To borrow from Dan Patrick,  "Release, rotation, splash."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:19:31 AM by tower912 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
Isn't the "H" silent in Robert Horry's name?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »

Something went over someone's head.

That was not just somethin'. It was either a blond or brunette, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
Isn't the "H" silent in Robert Horry's name?

Si'

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13927159/former-louisville-cardinals-basketball-players-recruits-acknowledge-stripper-parties-minardi-hall

I really can't see Pitino surviving this. Even if he didn't know (which I find extremely unlikely) this is such a lack of institutional control that I don't think he avoids punishment. Two of the recruits (Russ Smith and Montrezl Harrell) who have been named were stars of Louisville's national title run. If they prove that they received sex for money supplied by Louisiville, I think the NCAA could strip them of their title.
TAMU

mug644

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13927159/former-louisville-cardinals-basketball-players-recruits-acknowledge-stripper-parties-minardi-hall

I really can't see Pitino surviving this. Even if he didn't know (which I find extremely unlikely) this is such a lack of institutional control that I don't think he avoids punishment. Two of the recruits (Russ Smith and Montrezl Harrell) who have been named were stars of Louisville's national title run. If they prove that they received sex for money supplied by Louisiville, I think the NCAA could strip them of their title.

Now that would be ironic!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »
Two of the recruits who are named as having sex with the dancers - Antonio Blakeney and Jordan Mickey - ended up going to LSU which kind of has me wondering....

Very interesting tidbit, three months after Andre McGee left Louisville for Missouri-Kansas City, McGee sent a text to Katina Powell giving her the address of the Louisville hotel where Antonio Blakeney and his guardian were staying.  Powell then says that she had sex with the guardian her daughter had sex with Blakeney.  Blakeney later responded to a text from the daughter saying Hey, you remember me?  From Louisville?  Blakeney responded "Yea, wassup."  Obviously, if McGee had the address to send to Powell after he was gone, someone else at Louisville was involved.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:20:00 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.