[March 28, 2024, 10:54:22 PM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by denverMU
[March 28, 2024, 09:45:23 PM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Season Ticket Question  (Read 25670 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Season Ticket Question
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »
I just realized I have not gotten my season tickets.  Have they been mailed yet?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Season Ticket Question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »
Haven't gotten mine yet.  Think they usually come in mid October.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »
Later in October in the past.  No worry.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
Don't we get a Season Ticket Holder flag this year?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
Did you write your check for the BC fees?   If not for the fact that I check my spam folder once a month, I probably would have missed my payment, too.

From: Marquette Athletics Ticket Office <athletics@mu.edu>
Date: July 30, 2015 at 8:20:28 AM CDT
To: undisclosed recipients;
Subject: Arena User Fees - MBB Season Tickets

Dear Marquette Season Ticket Holder,

As many of you are aware, the Bradley Center Sports and Entertainment Corporation (BCSEC) introduced a per ticket facility fee several years ago which has been included in the price of all Marquette Men's Basketball Tickets.  These user fees have and will continue to assist the BCSEC, a non-profit corporation, as it faces the increasing maintenance costs and capital improvements associated with operating a world-class basketball arena.

Unfortunately, late last week the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) issued a memorandum to all sports and entertainment facility owners indicating that, effective immediately, any such facility fee charged by an owner of a venue must be paid directly to the owner even in situations where the owner leases the venue to a third party who handles its own ticketing, otherwise, if the lessee includes the facility fee in the ticket price, it must be taxed at the prevailing sales tax rate for the municipality in which the venue is located.

To deliver what we feel, and we hope our fans agree, is the best game-day experience in college basketball requires a year-round effort from a full-time staff (not to mention our dedicated students and part-time employees during the season); however, the announcement by the DOR could not have come at a more inopportune time as we ramp up for the 2015-16 season.  Nevertheless, over the past few days we attempted to poll as many season ticket holders as we could in the limited time we had, and of the nearly two hundred season ticket holders we did reach, the overwhelming consensus was to pay the user fee directly to BCSEC rather than incur additional taxes.

Therefore, we ask that you follow the link below which will take you to a website where you may review and print your invoice from BCSEC.  Please note that in order to comply with DOR regulations, all invoices must be paid no later than 45 days prior to the first event of the season (September 25th), otherwise, your season tickets will be delayed, or in some cases, may be cancelled.  In early October, a credit for any facility fees already paid to MU Athletics will be issued and for those on a ticket payment plan, the amount of the fee will be deducted from your final payment.

We apologize for the inconvenience but hope you will join us in looking forward to the 2015-16 men's basketball season.

Sincerely,

Kim Dulde
Associate Athletic Director, Marketing & Sales
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Wow I never saw this. I better check today with the ticket office. 

I called the ticket office and they knew nothing about this. They are looking into it and will get back to me.  They said tix will go out mid-October and I was fine.  Will post if I hear more. Hmmm
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:33:33 AM by Daniel »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
Did Drunk Myron Medcalf write that email?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 11:42:55 AM »
The letter is BS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »
Wow I never saw this. I better check today with the ticket office. 

I called the ticket office and they knew nothing about this. They are looking into it and will get back to me.  They said tix will go out mid-October and I was fine.  Will post if I hear more. Hmmm

Check the "source" of the email and put on your hip wadders because you got a lot of bulls#$t to climb out of.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 12:55:29 PM »
While not quite a Drunk Myron-esque reaction, I'll take it.  It's nice to know I haven't run all of the gas out of the tank yet - though I am probably down to fumes at this juncture.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »
I smile when I think of new posters/readers on Scoop who are reading this thread and wondering "Wait - what just happened here?  Do we have to send more $$ to MU or not?"

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »
Wow, whoever took the time to write that put in some serious effort. Unfortunately for them, they listed the first event of the season as September 25...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
While not quite a Drunk Myron-esque reaction, I'll take it.  It's nice to know I haven't run all of the gas out of the tank yet - though I am probably down to fumes at this juncture.

I think I should thank you.  Our ad revenue is up today, and I suspect it's confused season ticket holders responsible for the bump.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
I think I should thank you.  Our ad revenue is up today, and I suspect it's confused season ticket holders responsible for the bump.

Wait, what??!?!?  Ad revenue????  What the damn hell?  Now I definitely demand a Scoop sponsored party be thrown or we get some awesome scarves or something.   ;D

Who's advertising with you FanDuel or DraftKings....pretty sure there isn't a thing they aren't sponsoring.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

So despite all the complaining and resistance, apparently the sweater vests do know how to use the internet.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »

Can someone link me to that Myron thread again? I need a good laugh. (Got kicked out of the library for drinking coffee of all things)

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »
Talked with ticket office. They know nothing of this letter and said mid-late October for tickets. No worries. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »

So, what you are saying is that you were just a little drunk at 10:01 am, non รจ?  Atta boy!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:34 PM »
lol
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 09:27:27 PM »
This is the funniest thing ever.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 09:33:08 PM »
What the actual fock?

That's unbelievable.  Where did the link send you?

Benny's phishing Pay Pal account.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 10:23:41 PM »
Benny's phishing Pay Pal account.

Did Topper really delete his own post?  This is a whole new level I wasn't expecting.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 11:04:37 PM »
Did Topper really delete his own post?  This is a whole new level I wasn't expecting.

Oh PUH-LEEZE.

None of us can delete posts but Topper can when he gets hooked???

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:24 PM »

This is the best thing since the Myron Medcalf troll job. Well done sir
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »
Holy crow, this thread has been amazing and it's only one page. 

-Benny trolls again prompting people to call the ticket office
-Ticket office has to actually deal with multiple calls to the point
-Rocky reveals that he's got a Scrouge McDuck money vault of ad revenue that he swims in every day that has been increased by Benny's troll
-Another moderator(Topper) gets duped by the troll and upon realizing he has been taken goes and deletes his post abusing his Scoop privileges
-Topper gets caught deleting his account and is likely somewhere in Rocky's McDuck vault plotting revenge on all of us.

Anything I missed?  Can we rename this place BennyScoop?  If only for just a day?  Clearly it's Benny's forum and we're just posting in it.

feedback