[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ticket sales seem to be way down...  (Read 11959 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
Re: Ticket sales seem to be way down...
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 01:14:53 PM »
We don't know if it will have 3 decks, but every full-size arena built in last 20 years (including the Kohl Center) has more than 2 levels. I would envision the arena to look a lot like Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.  Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland technically has only 2 levels, but the 1st level has depressed courtside seats, so it looks like 3 tiers.  The Sprint Center in Kansas City may be the most likely model, however.  That venue has a large lower bowl, with balcony-type mezzanine seating, and a small upper deck.  Of course, Sprint sits 18,000+ and accommodates hockey.

The Bucks undoubtedly have the best minds and designers working on it and I'm sure they seen every new arena in North America.  Keeping hockey out is the real interesting dynamic.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

vacinator

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 11:55:46 PM »
Is it a pain for many people?

From my chair, it couldn't be an easier process that has resulted in the same seats five years running.

Not everyone views the world from your chair.  The process forces the customer to spend more time revisiting the renewal decision.  From a pure business perspective the less attention that decision gets the better.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 05:52:45 AM »
Not everyone views the world from your chair.  The process forces the customer to spend more time revisiting the renewal decision.  From a pure business perspective the less attention that decision gets the better.

Exactly...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 06:57:52 AM »
I'm very troubled by all the calm and reasoned explanations.

I was counting on Hiroshima XII (or whatever number we're up to).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 08:52:04 AM »
We don't know if it will have 3 decks, but every full-size arena built in last 20 years (including the Kohl Center) has more than 2 levels. I would envision the arena to look a lot like Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.  Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland technically has only 2 levels, but the 1st level has depressed courtside seats, so it looks like 3 tiers.  The Sprint Center in Kansas City may be the most likely model, however.  That venue has a large lower bowl, with balcony-type mezzanine seating, and a small upper deck.  Of course, Sprint sits 18,000+ and accommodates hockey.

The Bucks undoubtedly have the best minds and designers working on it and I'm sure they seen every new arena in North America.  Keeping hockey out is the real interesting dynamic.

While the new arena will undoubtedly have seating that primarily benefits basketball, it has to be built big enough to accommodate hockey right?  Even if that means movable seating.  And not because it will necessarily be hosting hockey games, but because it just makes sense to be as accommodating as possible.

From a seating perspective, I expect this new arena to be awesome.  I have said this before, but the Kohl Center seating for basketball is 100 times better than the BC.  I imagine 15 years later than an NBA arena can do much better than the Kohl.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »

This is true, but you still won't be able to convince me that the number of season ticketholders who  didn't buy them this year because of reseating is statistically significant. In the past, you still had to confirm in some official way that you intend to buy tickets again and give them your billing information, even if it wasn't a reseating year.  It's not a gym membership.

You are talking about folks that have spent hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars per year on tickets, have a closet full of gold sweater vests, and have stuck with Marquette through some pretty crappy seasons.  The folks in the cheaper seats are typically younger, wouldn't be intimidated by the process, and don't have enough points for reseating to make a significant difference in where they end up sitting.

Besides, anyone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of doing the reseating online can have the ticket office do it for them.  It's one phone call.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:34:21 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2015, 09:15:30 AM »

While the new arena will undoubtedly have seating that primarily benefits basketball, it has to be built big enough to accommodate hockey right?  Even if that means movable seating.  And not because it will necessarily be hosting hockey games, but because it just makes sense to be as accommodating as possible.

The new downtown arena will not have hockey.
Admirals will be moving to UWM Panther Arena.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2015/07/admirals-hockey-teampreparing-for-move-to-uw.html

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »

The process has always forced the customer to revisit a renewal. However, in 2015, it's done in the manner of a mindless opinion survey on a website rather then a dust collecting paper letter sitting under 14 other letters on my desk.

The ticket office holds your hand throughout whether it's online, in person, or on the phone. The process spent on deciding to renew your tickets in 2015 takes less time than waiting at the hostess stand for a Saturday night dinner at Chez Douche.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
The new downtown arena will not have hockey.
Admirals will be moving to UWM Panther Arena.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2015/07/admirals-hockey-teampreparing-for-move-to-uw.html

Thank you.  I didn't state this well.  I know that the new arena won't have a hockey tenant, but I think they are still going to build something big enough that can accommodate hockey.  I would think that the bigger arena would be important for special events that need a larger space.  (Circus, concerts, ice shows, etc.) 

I'll give you an example.  Arco arena in Sacramento for years was considered to have some of the best basketball seating in the NBA.  Very loud and close to the floor.  It can still accommodate a hockey ice sheet when it is needed.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 10:45:54 AM »

Thank you.  I didn't state this well.  I know that the new arena won't have a hockey tenant, but I think they are still going to build something big enough that can accommodate hockey.  I would think that the bigger arena would be important for special events that need a larger space.  (Circus, concerts, ice shows, etc.) 

I'll give you an example.  Arco arena in Sacramento for years was considered to have some of the best basketball seating in the NBA.  Very loud and close to the floor.  It can still accommodate a hockey ice sheet when it is needed.

I have read that they do plan to purchase ice making equipment.  While it certainly seems true that the Admirals are going back to the Arena AND that the new facility will be built with basketball exclusively in mind, the ability to put in ice for ice shows, maybe an NCAA hockey event, etc. makes sense.  Still, with the Admirals moving I think we can all be convinced that it'll be a basketball palace, not the NHL facility envisioned by the Pettits. 

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »

I'm with you. I know Disney on Ice can bring it's own ice and the size is not needed for a whole hockey rink for ice shows.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:00:53 PM by bradley center bat »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
I'm with you. I know Disney on Ice can bring it's own ice and the size is not needed for a whole hockey rink for ice shows.

Hold on...they bring their own ice?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

Hold on...they bring their own ice?

Of course. And in typical Disney fashion they haul it by horse over a magical ice road.