[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Help - Barclays Center question  (Read 7692 times)

MU82

• All American
Help - Barclays Center question
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »
Mrs. MU82 and I are thinking about going to the Legends Classic.

Lots of really good tix seem to be available on the arena's Web site, including some right at center court in section 108 for $60 including fees.

When I look at the interactive map, there is an area directly in the center of the section that seems to have some landings with special seats. Same with sections 107 and 109. Does anybody know anything about those? Would it be good to sit behind those or best to avoid them?

Also, for those who have gone to this or similar events, is it best to buy the tix well in advance or is it advantageous to wait?

Appreciate any guidance. We don't go to many road games or events.

Thanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Help - Barclays Center question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:43:46 AM »
I emailed MU Athletics on Friday, and they indicated they will be selling tickets from their allotment this coming week.  They will get back to me.

If interested in that method, suggest you email athletics@marquette.edu and give them your contact info.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:30 AM »
I emailed MU Athletics on Friday, and they indicated they will be selling tickets from their allotment this coming week.  They will get back to me.

If interested in that method, suggest you email athletics@marquette.edu and give them your contact info.

Thanks Arch. I will check into it. It definitely would be fun to sit with other Warriors.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 08:19:10 AM »
Thanks Arch. I will check into it. It definitely would be fun to sit with other Warriors.

That's the way to do it if you can.  Also, you'll likely hear about the official pre/post game party that way.  MU does a wonderful job on their road trips.  Often it'll start at a local hotel with bus service to and from the game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »
That's the way to do it if you can.  Also, you'll likely hear about the official pre/post game party that way.  MU does a wonderful job on their road trips.  Often it'll start at a local hotel with bus service to and from the game.

Thanks, j.

You going?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
Thanks, j.

You going?

Nope.  Chick jr's nursing job precludes her from taking time off around tourney time, and we don't want her to spend Thanksgiving alone.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
Nope.  Chick jr's nursing job precludes her from taking time off around tourney time, and we don't want her to spend Thanksgiving alone.

The games are on Mon & Tues.  Plenty of time for her to throw a house party, and you to get back and spend turkey day with her.

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
92 Alum and Brooklyn / Barclays Neighborhood Resident here.  You really can't go wrong anywhere on the lower level however, the slope on the lower level at Barclays is very slight and goes more back than up, so that area would be noticeably further away from the action than the equivalent section of MSG which has a steeper lower level.  If there are seats available even in the back half of the 20's sections I'd spend the extra $20 bucks a seat for those.  Further down in the 20's probably not worth it. 

Not sure what your accommodations situation is but If you're staying more than one night, I would advise against staying at a hotel in Brooklyn.  Hotels there aren't going to be that much cheaper and you'll probably want to spend the days in Manhattan anyway.  If only one night, Brooklyn would be ok.  Best Bklyn Options within a mile or so of Barclays in order is is NY Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, NU Hotel, Sheraton, Aloft, Indigo.  I'd avoid all other Brooklyn hotels except those 5.  Marriott is best but will also like be most $$

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »

As much as I despise General Admission seating, holiday tournaments are the one time I make an exception.  Granted, Barclays is a touch larger than the Lahaina Civic Center or UVI SFC, but part of the experience is enjoying the games amongst your fellow alums, fans and well-wishers.

Definitely wait to see what MU offers before checking out the box office or secondary market.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 02:35:39 PM »
92 Alum and Brooklyn / Barclays Neighborhood Resident here.  You really can't go wrong anywhere on the lower level however, the slope on the lower level at Barclays is very slight and goes more back than up, so that area would be noticeably further away from the action than the equivalent section of MSG which has a steeper lower level.  If there are seats available even in the back half of the 20's sections I'd spend the extra $20 bucks a seat for those.  Further down in the 20's probably not worth it. 

Not sure what your accommodations situation is but If you're staying more than one night, I would advise against staying at a hotel in Brooklyn.  Hotels there aren't going to be that much cheaper and you'll probably want to spend the days in Manhattan anyway.  If only one night, Brooklyn would be ok.  Best Bklyn Options within a mile or so of Barclays in order is is NY Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, NU Hotel, Sheraton, Aloft, Indigo.  I'd avoid all other Brooklyn hotels except those 5.  Marriott is best but will also like be most $$

I can vouch for Hotel Indigo, stayed there a few weeks ago. Decent sized rooms, really friendly staff, a couple blocks from a non-G train subway stop. Also right near the subject of the Biz Markie classic Albee Square Mall.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »

This is great insight. Thanks.

For awhile there, it looked like work was going to prevent us from even considering it, but now it again looks like we might have a chance to go.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »
As much as I despise General Admission seating, holiday tournaments are the one time I make an exception.  Granted, Barclays is a touch larger than the Lahright Civic Center or UVI SFC, but part of the experience is enjoying the games amongst your fellow alums, fans and well-wishers.

Definitely wait to see what MU offers before checking out the box office or secondary market.

I appreciate the advice, Benny. And you're right. I want the experience of being with fellow Warriors. You going?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »
I appreciate the advice, Benny. And you're right. I want the experience of being with fellow Warriors. You going?

Not this year... we're taking the next two holiday tourneys off since we're contemplating taking the kids to Maui in '17.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »
Not this year... we're taking the next two holiday tourneys off since we're contemplating taking the kids to Maui in '17.

Oooo ... I forgot about Maui. Do you have a link to the dates for that yet?

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »
Oooo ... I forgot about Maui. Do you have a link to the dates for that yet?

I don't know if there are dates for the games yet.  But when we last played there the games were on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
I don't know if there are dates for the games yet.  But when we last played there the games were on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving.

Correct.  Nov 20-22, 2017.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
Correct.  Nov 20-22, 2017.

That's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to resist!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 10:22:55 AM »
Anyone hear from the ticket office yet? I emailed, didn't call, but haven't heard about tickets yet.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »
I've heard nothing yet.  I suspect they got the allotment late, but don't know for sure.  I received a very prompt response when I inquired a few weeks back.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
I've heard nothing yet.  I suspect they got the allotment late, but don't know for sure.  I received a very prompt response when I inquired a few weeks back.

Thanks, I'll wait till early next week, then probably freak out and just buy them directly  :)

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »
I bought tickets for the first game through muconnect and then bought tix for the second game straight through the Barclays Center

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 05:02:37 PM »

I've stayed at the Fairfield on 3rd between Butler and Douglass.  Easy walk to Barclay - hotel is simple, though new, clean with friendly staff. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:04:14 PM by ttheisen »

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »

Good points regarding hotels.  Out of the options you've laid out, I've stayed at the Marriott, Sheraton, and aLoft.  Marriott is definitely the better of the 3.  Though I'm generally not a big fan of aLofts, I would put it second.  I'm not impressed with the Sheraton there.

Though, to be honest.  You really can get a hotel room anywhere you want in the city.  The Barclays Center is crazy accessible by so many damn subway lines as well as LIRR, you can practically stay anywhere in the city and not have to transfer at all.  I spent 6 months working just off the Atlantic Ave stop there while staying in hotels around the city, so became very familiar with the commute.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 10:55:45 PM »
Just bought tix for the missus and me today from MU. Paid $75 each, which is steep for a cheap-ass like me, but at least didn't have to pay Ticketmaster fees.

The guy I dealt with said there still were some MU section seats left.

I also booked a room at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

Thanks to all who provided guidance. I hope to see some of you there!

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 11:17:20 PM »
I can vouch for Hotel Indigo, stayed there a few weeks ago. Decent sized rooms, really friendly staff, a couple blocks from a non-G train subway stop. Also right near the subject of the Biz Markie classic Albee Square Mall.

Kudos for the Biz markie reference. Lots of relatively reasonable hotels on the UWS and its a quick SW ride to brooklyn.