[Today at 06:12:30 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Crown Him  (Read 15699 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Crown Him
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »
nice catch - I guess I meant the strength - parker really seems like a Barkley type - henry I don't think goes that way

Barkley as in Charles Barkley?  Because I don't think Parker is anything like Charles Barkley.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »
Yeah, I never saw Parker as a banger or real physical player.  He certainly wasn't out-of-shape, but I don't think anyone considered him an impressive physical specimen.  I see Parker's game as more similar to Big Dawg than Barkley, more offensive skill and finesse than using his body.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
Yeah Robinson is a good comparison.  I think I need to see him play a full year to get a better impression.  Players are used so differently now so sometimes its hard to make great comparisons.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »
The only person that tall who isn't a big physical specimen and can do those handles is Durant off the top of my head.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
I think we should want Henry to be 1 and done. It will help Wojo recruit more stud players.

Yep. Think long game here. Wojo sends Hank 1 & done to the league, and it'll help him land other high end players in the future.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
Yep. Think long game here. Wojo sends Hank 1 & done to the league, and it'll help him land other high end players in the future.

Maybe.  Not sure it worked for schools like USC.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 03:11:00 PM »

I would never want a player of Henry's caliber to leave early if it can be helped. But I definitely want him to be as successful as possible in the NBA.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »

Maybe.  Not sure it worked for schools like USC.

We are a different class of program than USC and Wojo is a different level recruiter than anyone they've had as HC.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »
OK, let's assume Henry is everything we hope he will be and he's one and done.

We better be ready to do a Final Four run next year! Otherwise, it's a huge disappointment given that much talent in one player.

How do we get there? Henry, Luke and Duane should carry us. The supporting cast -- Sandy and the Engine -- looks much improved and we have depth.

That said, let's wait until the season starts before we buy tickets to Houston.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
Yeah, I never saw Parker as a banger or real physical player.  He certainly wasn't out-of-shape, but I don't think anyone considered him an impressive physical specimen.  I see Parker's game as more similar to Big Dawg than Barkley, more offensive skill and finesse than using his body.

Reminds me of Cornbread Maxwell.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 06:03:27 PM »
I think Henry will have an excellent career with us. My base case is that he will steadily progress peaking as a Senior when he will be Big East Player of the Year. I recognize I am in the minority on this. I believe when he faces legit competition like Iowa, LSU, NC State, Wisconsin and our conference opponents there will be a learning curve that many are not factoring in.

I understand the logic of leaving early while you still have upside, so that  the player is peaking when the second contract comes around. If that is the case more power to him.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 06:08:33 PM »
I think Henry will have an excellent career with us. My base case is that he will steadily progress peaking as a Senior when he will be Big East Player of the Year. I recognize I am in the minority on this. I believe when he faces legit competition like Iowa, LSU, NC State, Wisconsin and our conference opponents there will be a learning curve that many are not factoring in.

I understand the logic of leaving early while you still have upside, so that  the player is peaking when the second contract comes around. If that is the case more power to him.

Henry not being an all-time great Marquette college basketball player this year and Henry being a lottery pick are not mutually exclusive.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
I was thinking yesterday while at the gym looking out at the BC... I think Henry stays 4 years wanting to be the first MU player to lead them onto the new arena court ever!
Then again I was drunk from a Monday lunch event and was also contemplating whether I would eat one piece of poop once a week for the rest of my life for 100K a year. So that was my mind frame.

Of course, you could join the Navy and enjoy a steady diet of sh1t sandwiches three times a day for 20 years

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »

Depaul has a better chance of winning the national championship then Henry staying all 4 years.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »
Hopin' he doesn't transfer to Iowa State, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »
Depaul has a better chance of winning the national championship then than Henry staying all 4 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
Of course, you could join the Navy and enjoy a steady diet of sh1t sandwiches three times a day for 20 years

Do I not have to work ever again and get 100k a year? Then yes!

Side note, someone said don't buy your Houston tickets yet. I agree, and yes we beat some Europeans... But I think we will get an early gauge this year. What if we come out of the gate and beat LSU, NC, and Wisconsin... Lose to Iowa... (Blame it on young team..) I'll be looking at flights.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 07:29:38 PM »

You'll spend it all by October.

One of the great benefits of working is not only do you earn money, but you don't have time to spend it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »

You'll spend it all by October.

One of the great benefits of working is not only do you earn money, but you don't have time to spend it.

You must not be married.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
You must not be married.

The wife works too.   ;)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »

Side note, someone said don't buy your Houston tickets yet. I agree, and yes we beat some Europeans... But I think we will get an early gauge this year. What if we come out of the gate and beat LSU, NC, and Wisconsin... Lose to Iowa... (Blame it on young team..) I'll be looking at flights.
Yes, i'm quoting a site i've never heard of as fact.  But even if their research isn't 100% accurate it would still be a turn around of historic proportion:
http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/turnarounds_ncaa_basketball/missouri_2009.html?state=stop

There is only one team that has ever won less than 15 games one year and made it past the sweet16 the next year and that was the 98-99 Buckeye's that made it to the final 4 -- that run had to be vacated due to sanctions. 

Missouri was 16-16 in 07 then went to the great 8 the next year but i see 16-16 more than a skip from 13-19.

What this list tells me is that making the NCAA off of a 13 win season is a major accomplishment - we need to keep that as the "happy" goal.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

The wife works too.   ;)

Doesn't matter, does it.  Genetic.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2015, 11:55:11 PM »
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was started by Denny Green.

Then I realized it would have been titled, "Crown his ass!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2015, 07:43:59 AM »
Anyone hear the guy from Bleacher Report on 1250 WSSP talk about Henry today? I'll post a link to the audio when it comes available.

feedback