[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Crown Him  (Read 15695 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Crown Him
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »
Some can try to downplay expectations and talk about how freshman don't produce unless they're at Kentucky (news flash, Kentucky was all over him), but anything less than 13 and 5.5 from King Henry is a big time disappointment to me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554973-hes-got-next-henry-ellenson-looks-like-top-10-pick-in-2016-nba-draft
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Crown Him
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:20:31 PM »
Two considerations. First, he was playing against semi-pro talent in Europe. I am very high on Henry but before I sign-up for Bucks tickets to see him, I want to see Henry against top-tier college talent.

Secondly, what will be, will be. If he is indeed that good, we have the makings of a good run this season. I can hardly wait for winter!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »
It becoming apparent to me that this year's team will be better than the 2016-17 version that is often talked about as the final four threat.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
Some can try to downplay expectations and talk about how freshman don't produce unless they're at Kentucky (news flash, Kentucky was all over him), but anything less than 13 and 5.5 from King Henry is a big time disappointment to me I.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554973-hes-got-next-henry-ellenson-looks-like-top-10-pick-in-2016-nba-draft

FIFY  :)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
I think HE is going to be fantastic but we will only get one year of him.  Yeah it was against bad Euros, but he showed a tremendous amount of skill.  With his inside/out game, I think he's a better pro prospect than Diamond.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:35:33 AM »
It becoming apparent to me that this year's team will be better than the 2016-17 version that is often talked about as the final four threat.

Yeah, if we are going to have him for only one year (which means he truly is an excellent player), it's too bad it isn't 2016-17.  I think that would be the team that has the best chance to do something special.

I think I'll just try to enjoy watching him play and not worry about whether he's staying until April.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
I want him to be awesome but one year would really stink in my opinion - it's interesting - the type of game he plays has me wondering whether truly is ready after one year - he doesn't have the size of say a one year Jabari Parker - and he isn't some freak guard that clearly can operate at a pro level - while it might seem clear to NBA teams that he will be a great player in time, and thus have the requisite 'ceiling' for a top ten pick - I really think at least two years would be best for him - if he's gonna be an inside out stretch four, he's going to need to be a good perimeter defender - it takes time to build the savvy for most big guys to play out there- someone like Korver in the NBA could be a blueprint - he spent some early seasons relegated to spot shooting while he worked on being a better athlete out there - here's hoping Henry does that here and has an unfinished business attitude going into next year - but - that signing bonus can change everything for a family -

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
Yeah, if we are going to have him for only one year (which means he truly is an excellent player), it's too bad it isn't 2016-17.  I think that would be the team that has the best chance to do something special.

I think I'll just try to enjoy watching him play and not worry about whether he's staying until April.

As long as they are better than 14-15 I will be a more happy person this winter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
Defense is the one thing that can hurt his stock enough to keep him here for a second year. He's as skilled offensively as any player I've seen at MU. But, who does he guard at the next level? Not quite strong enough to guard a pro 4, and not quick enough to guard the wing.

That said, I fully expect Henry to be shaking Adam Silver's hand in NYC next summer.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
FIFY  :)

Wadesworld and g0lden3agle are correct, you are wrong.  Objects of prepositions should be in the objective case, i.e., me (objective case) not I (nominative case).

http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/prepositions_object_of_a_preposition.htm
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:54 AM »
Wrong
Wadesworld and g0lden3agle are correct, you are wrong.  Objects of prepositions should be in the objective case, i.e., me (objective case) not I (nominative case).

http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/prepositions_object_of_a_preposition.htm

You both should read this thread, and then maybe you'll understand...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48465.0

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »
You both should read this thread, and then maybe you'll understand...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48465.0

Haha yup.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »
I saw Henry play in the preseason, and he is who we thought he was.
That's why we took the damn court!
If you want to crown him, crown his a$$.
But he is who we thought he was, and we let him off the hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
Bilde has better control over the English language than most Scoopers.

Wuz goodie
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
I was thinking yesterday while at the gym looking out at the BC... I think Henry stays 4 years wanting to be the first MU player to lead them onto the new arena court ever!
Then again I was drunk from a Monday lunch event and was also contemplating whether I would eat one piece of poop once a week for the rest of my life for 100K a year. So that was my mind frame.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
I was thinking yesterday while at the gym looking out at the BC... I think Henry stays 4 years wanting to be the first MU player to lead them onto the new arena court ever!
Then again I was drunk from a Monday lunch event and was also contemplating whether I would eat one piece of poop once a week for the rest of my life for 100K a year. So that was my mind frame.

I think that'd depend on your diet. I mean are you eating mexican and indian a lot? Maybe do a couple vegan days or something you could do it. Better hope you don't get the stomach flu any week though. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 10:35:20 AM »

For $100K? 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
Guy at my client told me his contact lens liquid stuff was "just water."  I then offered $ for him to drink the bottle (8 oz?)

He's close. I'm only in for $20. Crowd funding now.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
- he doesn't have the size of say a one year Jabari Parker -

Just wondering about this part...  Parker is currently listed at 6-8 240 on the Bucks roster, and Henry is listed at 6-10 245 as an incoming freshman.  Henry may or may not be here for a 2nd year, but I think he has the size of Parker.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
I do not think you would live very long, so the 100K a year would not have much value.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
I think we should want Henry to be 1 and done. It will help Wojo recruit more stud players.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 11:39:49 AM »
Just wondering about this part...  Parker is currently listed at 6-8 240 on the Bucks roster, and Henry is listed at 6-10 245 as an incoming freshman.  Henry may or may not be here for a 2nd year, but I think he has the size of Parker.

nice catch - I guess I meant the strength - parker really seems like a Barkley type - henry I don't think goes that way

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
I think we should want Henry to be 1 and done. It will help Wojo recruit more stud players.

it might - I'd rather hold on to the one we got than bank on more coming

feedback