Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Today's Chicago Sun Times  (Read 12224 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: Today's Chicago Sun Times
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 05:20:29 PM »
That.  Is.  Fantastic. 

Thank you for sharing.  There is no way I ever would've seen that without your post. 
Ludum habemus.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
I know people are probably tired of me posting on my kids, but I couldn't help it here. People Magazine did an article on us, it's one of the lead headlines on People.com right now (After Kanye).

http://www.people.com/article/5-year-old-saves-twin-brother

We will never get tired about hearing about Bradley and Charlie. Keep it coming.
Have some patience, FFS.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 06:22:10 PM »
Keep it coming Dish. Think Scoop will get a mention by name by any of these rags?

What's funny is whenever something like this comes up, I always try to name drop. I tried to get the name of my employer mentioned here, and in the Marquette Mag article, I tried really hard to mention Scoop as often as possible.

I'm a terrible negotiator!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 06:54:25 AM »
Double nice!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:08 AM »
What's funny is whenever something like this comes up, I always try to name drop. I tried to get the name of my employer mentioned here, and in the Marquette Mag article, I tried really hard to mention Scoop as often as possible.

I'm a terrible negotiator!

In the first picture it looks like they're wearing MU shirts, or at least MU gold, so the effort is there.

Congrats on the health of both of them. That's awesome that she was able to step up and help her brother out.
Bring back FFP!!!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:23 AM »
We will never get tired about hearing about Bradley and Charlie. Keep it coming.

Agreed.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »

Me too.  Good news about Bradley and Charlie puts a big smile on my face every time!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:31:07 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
Me too.  Good news about Bradley and Charlie puts a big smile on my face every time!

Great, great story.  Keep telling it as the transplant story is just as important, if not morally conflicted with us Catholics of the Aquinas groundings.  I sent this to the professional family member whose advice I shared here previously.

Told you. He is lucky he had a twin. Stem cells and bone marrow transplants are like magic when they come from twins

Also, a big  tip of the cup to brave and courageous parents.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »
Ludum habemus.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 06:00:59 PM »
Hey Dish, your kids are popping up in a lot of places!:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-olds-selfless-donation-saved-twin-brother-cancer/story?id=33482172

Yeah, it's been a pretty ridiculous week.

Outside of my friends/family on Facebook, you guys/gals are my family, so let me say this publicly...

Ever since the Sox honored Bradley at their game last week, and Bradley wound up on the cover of the Sun Times, it's been insane. People called the next day and wanted an interview, once that happened and went live this past Monday, we've been inundated by national media with requests. I don't say that in a holier than thou way, I know this is a message board and you guys don't know me in person, but just know I don't say that as if "look at me".

It's cool, because it's Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month, and it's cool to be interviewed because at heart, my kids story is about a family coming together in a time of need, and the support of people like here on Scoop contributing their hearts and souls to people like us. I won't say families with children with cancer are "voiceless", but if we can be a voice for people, then we'll take on that role. For my kids, it's something they can look back on as a teaching tool, if you're going to be in the spotlight, treat others well and with respect, and take nothing for granted.

We're going to be on WGN Morning News tomorrow at 9:15 am (or around that time) talking about all this. We're in talks with a prominent national day time talk show, and will provide details if anyone's interested at the right time.

It means a lot to me what people on Scoop think, and I don't want to post every single time something comes up. You guys/gals have been wayyyyyyyy too thoughtful and nice to us, I don't want anyone to think this is about only us, it's about anyone fighting the good fight.

Thanks,
Brian

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »
Topper, can you get Scoop logoed polos down to the family tonight in time for tomorrow's interview?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:09:38 PM by real chili 83 »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
Also saw it on Yahoo!'s home page (via GMA)

https://gma.yahoo.com/5-olds-selfless-donation-may-saved-twin-brother-183039939--abc-news-topstories.html

A truly heartwarming story if there ever was one.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »
Here's a link to the WGN interview.

Well done by Charlie and Bradley!

http://wgntv.com/2015/09/03/5-year-old-donates-stem-cells-to-save-her-twin-brothers-life/

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 03:40:46 PM »
Great coverage, great article, great story. Though do yourself a favor Dish and don't read the comments. I made that mistake. Wishing Bradley the best.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 08:17:31 AM »
Great coverage, great article, great story. Though do yourself a favor Dish and don't read the comments. I made that mistake. Wishing Bradley the best.

I told my wife this too...haters are gonna hate (sorry for the Taylor Swift lyric). If Jesus himself came back, some people would hate. Sad, but true.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
The anonymous internet is a cruel and callous vacuum, bitter and angry individuals feel the need to spread their poison. Keep fighting the good fight, you guys are living this, the negative people are just uninformed spectators unhappy with their own lives.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »
I told my wife this too...haters are gonna hate (sorry for the Taylor Swift lyric). If Jesus himself came back, some people would hate. Sad, but true.

easy to throw stones
when your own world is intact
karma is a bitch

Death on call

feedback