Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Stop and think  (Read 16594 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Stop and think
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 12:00:49 PM »

You could find Scooper quotes from four or five years ago saying the same thing about Buzz.

I'm quite confident we could be. Personally I didn't think Buzz was gonna be here long term. He would squeeze us for every last penny and there was obviously friction up top. But Wojo has shown a rare amount of loyalty to a school already, Buzz never showed that the longest he was anywhere was here for what 7 years? Before that 4 years at Colorado st, a couple years at Texas A&M, the year at Nola, some other stuff to.  Wojo had been at Duke for about 20yrs from the time he started playing to coming here, working with a coach who'd been at a place for 35yrs.  I'm just saying there's a pattern of loyalty wojo has shown and been mentored in that Buzz was not, O'neil was not, Crean was not.  It's of course possible Wojo leaves but if I were a betting man and were going to choose a coach that would stay out of our previous ones I'd choose Wojo (unless he somehow got the Duke offer or NBA)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
I'm quite confident we could be. Personally I didn't think Buzz was gonna be here long term. He would squeeze us for every last penny and there was obviously friction up top. But Wojo has shown a rare amount of loyalty to a school already, Buzz never showed that the longest he was anywhere was here for what 7 years? Before that 4 years at Colorado st, a couple years at Texas A&M, the year at Nola, some other stuff to.  Wojo had been at Duke for about 20yrs from the time he started playing to coming here, working with a coach who'd been at a place for 35yrs.  I'm just saying there's a pattern of loyalty wojo has shown and been mentored in that Buzz was not, O'neil was not, Crean was not.  It's of course possible Wojo leaves but if I were a betting man and were going to choose a coach that would stay out of our previous ones I'd choose Wojo (unless he somehow got the Duke offer or NBA)

Six years.  He'll probably exceed that at Virginia Tech given the facts that the program is lower visibility and his contract has VT over a barrel. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:57:03 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »
Six years.  He'll probably exceed that at Virginia Tech given the facts that the program is lower visibility and his contract has VT over a barrel.

7 he was an assistant here for a year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »
7 he was an assistant here for a year.

The year as an assistant doesn't count because he had to flush himself

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »
The year as an assistant doesn't count because he had to flush himself

Priceless!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
I get the joke but I missed the story.  Where was the Buzz doesn't flush story?  I'm not questioning it, more just interested in greater context.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »
I get the joke but I missed the story.  Where was the Buzz doesn't flush story?  I'm not questioning it, more just interested in greater context.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44701.msg646708#msg646708

How this one didn't sneak into the Meme Tourney is still a mystery.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »

Wow rereading that thread reminded me how bitter sultan can occasionally be. Yeesh

Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »
Wow rereading that thread reminded me how bitter sultan can occasionally be. Yeesh

How was I bitter?  I didn't believe it at the time, still don't, and never heard it from any other source. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:19 PM »

How was I bitter?  I didn't believe it at the time, still don't, and never heard it from any other source.

In the very least it's a funny story that has turned into some entertaining jokes you didn't need to call the guy a liar. He was probably posting info he heard whether it was true or partially true or what not. It's why we don't get people posting a lot of the stuff they hear on here.

If I had to guess Buzz probably clogged the toilet once and had to get a manager to plunge it or get maintenance and the game of telephone became Buzz has the managers flush the toilets. Doesn't mean Swan was lying though.

All that being said after going through just now and reading a few of the other things that have been spoken about here you aren't the only one. When I broke that Malek harris was suspended for the hair thing Brandx tore me a new one and that ended up completely true. So it's probably just the culture here. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:58:07 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »

Wasn't this an urban legend but with Majerus playing the part of Buzz?  Sounds like someone took that old story and substituted a newer coach.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »
Met a VaTech grad at wriglyville the other week. We had a good chat about Buzz. He finds Buzz's contract hilarious because VaTech will forever and always be a football school. Jury is still out on him over there apparently.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
Met a VaTech grad at wriglyville the other week. We had a good chat about Buzz. He finds Buzz's contract hilarious because VaTech will forever and always be a football school. Jury is still out on him over there apparently.

I'm trying to convince Paddy Long's to become a Marquette bar so I don't have to travel anywhere to watch games. It seems that one of my fav Marquette dudes from Schoolyard moved on to Kirkwoods... but I can't deal with the II,II stuff.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback