[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer  (Read 65538 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
Who is this Houser you speak of?

(also, lol at Harris)

Didn't Sam Hauser verbally commit to us? My bad on the spelling

Why are you lolling at Harris? Like it or not the guy was a high rated prospect that buzz had committed to us.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »
I agree they were highly underrated players and that Wojo made the right call but it's not like they were somehow players Buzz couldn't touch buzz brought in his fair share of underrated guys too. (Buycks, DJO, Jimmy, Jae)

Agreed
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2015, 10:49:12 PM »
The Hillbilly is gone and he ain't coming back. So can we all agree to the following:

1) We had a good time when things were good.

2) We're proud of Jae, JB, Wes, DJO and the rest of the guys who played for Marquette during the Hillbilly's time and have made it to the NBA. Impressive record.

3) We had a bad divorce with the Hillbilly and he took everything of value in the house.

4) We've moved on to a new "pretty girl" who brought in recruits this year the Hillbilly could only dream of. We've got a great team, a great coach and great potential.

Let's treat the Hillbilly like a bad ex-spouse. All we want to do is be National Champion with Coach Wojo and make the Hillbilly rot in his Hokie tomb down in West Nowhereville, Virginia.

So can we just ignore him, like the rest of college basketball is about to?
I agree with point 1 and 2. I agree with the first part of 3, but I think we split the property evenly.  I don't agree with point 4 other than we have potential.  Wojo has a lot to prove.   Also I always want our former coaches to do well, no matter how bad the divorce was. I believe there is still PR value in having alumni both player and coaches do well. So as distasteful as things were at the end,  I still would like to see Va Tech do well under him.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »
I agree they were highly underrated players and that Wojo made the right call but it's not like they were somehow players Buzz couldn't touch buzz brought in his fair share of underrated guys too. (Buycks, DJO, Jimmy, Jae)

There was no way we were going to get Henry or Diamond if the Hillbilly was head coach. Something happened when Wojo took over that impressed Henry and his family.

I agree a lot of guys were underrated and we did well with some really good ballplayers. But one of the most significant complaints about the Hillbilly was that he did not recruit and develop freshmen. Most of the high performers under the Hillbilly were Jucos. And if I had a dime for every time someone here was complaining about Jucos while the Hillbilly was here, I would be rich.

I used to say in here that the most important job the Hillbilly had was developing Vander. I was right and what irritated the Hillbilly to no end was Vander leaving after he got good.

Now, let's let the Hillbilly go. He is entombed down in West Bumfork, VA. I hope we never hear his name again. Ever.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2015, 06:43:57 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »
Crean sucks
You have posted that hundreds of times.  What did he do to you personally? 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »
You have posted that hundreds of times.  What did he do to you personally?

This is why I have him 4never on "ignore".  Ten thousand posts and not one of them worth reading.
Have some patience, FFS.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
Crean sucks

You have posted that hundreds of times and I enjoy it every time.
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
There was no way we were going to get Henry or Diamond if the Hillbilly was head coach. Something happened when Wojo took over that impressed Henry and his family.

I agree a lot of guys were underrated and we did well with some really good ballplayers. But one of the most significant complaints about the Hillbilly was that he did not recruit and develop freshmen. Most of the high performers under the Hillbilly were Jucos. And if I had a dime for every time someone here was complaining about Jucos while the Hillbilly was here, I would be rich.

I used to say in here that the most important job the Hillbilly had was developing Vander. I was right and what irritated the Hillbilly to no end was Vander leaving after he got good.

Now, let's let the Hillbilly go. He is entombed down in West Bumfork, VA. I hope we never hear his name again. Ever.

See this post I agree with more but like I said before beyond Henry Buzz certainly has shown that he could get comprable talent out of HS. But develop it? Barely. Hold on to it? Rarely. I was only stressing that Henry is the only player that wojo's gotten that Buzz couldn't have touched.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »

Outside of Henry, I don't think the top high school players that Buzz recruited were that much different than Wojo.  The problem I had with Buzz is that he took too many flyers on players that should have been here (Ferguson, Roseboro) and there wasn't a lot of development while they were here.  (Although JJJ hasn't developed much yet under Wojo too.)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »

+1
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
This is why I have him 4never on "ignore".  Ten thousand posts and not one of them worth reading.

Says the woman of wisdom and all statements profound. Different strokes for different folks, Babe, hey?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:57:29 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2015, 10:14:44 AM »
And if I had a dime for every time someone here was complaining about Jucos while the Hillbilly was here, I would be rich.

1,841 (# of Chico's complaints about jucos under Buzz) + 12 (# of all other Scooper's combined complaints about jucos under Buzz) = 1,853. You'd have $183.50 - not quite rich, but a start.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »

Any poem by Yeats, Beethoven's 5th symphony, 4ever's oration against TC - one never tires of the true classics.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »
1,841 (# of Chico's complaints about jucos under Buzz) + 12 (# of all other Scooper's combined complaints about jucos under Buzz) = 1,853. You'd have $183.50 - not quite rich, but a start.

A foundation for an investment!  :-)

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
Didn't Sam Hauser verbally commit to us? My bad on the spelling

Why are you lolling at Harris? Like it or not the guy was a high rated prospect that buzz had committed to us.

Are you referring to Jon Harris?

You think Buzz recruited him and he was a "high rated" prospect?

Seriously?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »

Seriously?

Malek Harris, I'm assuming.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »

Seriously?

Malek Harris, wasn't the kid top 100 when he committed and fell out when he tried to mix hair styling and pyrotechnics together? 

And off of that original post I forgot to include Ahmed Hill
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:09:14 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

Any poem by Yeats, Beethoven's 5th symphony, 4ever's oration against TC - one never tires of the true classics.

You are on a freaking roll.  I almost just choked on my lunch reading that first post.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2015, 11:58:24 AM »

If we learned anything from Buzz's move (and resulting home sale) it's that we should all lower our footprint and downsize our homes.  $183 may just be enough.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Malek Harris, wasn't the kid top 100 when he committed and fell out when he tried to mix hair styling and pyrotechnics together? 

And off of that original post I forgot to include Ahmed Hill

thanks for clarifying....I forgot about Harris since he never made it here for reasons of his own making. Looks like he is going to be another top 100 guy who Buzz recruited that washes out.

Didn't somebody say this was no big deal? Crean apparently didn't agree and was forced to dismiss.....http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/08/31/emmitt-holt-indiana-hoosiers-dismissed-alcohol-incident/71481240/

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2015, 04:29:09 PM »
Agreed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
I don't get into politics at all and I'll be the first to admit that. But I do know Fox 6 News is a complete joke.

LOL.  Doesn't fit your notion of things, so it is a complete joke.  Whatever. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26:46 PM »
A foundation for an investment!  :-)

I'd like an accounting

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks