Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Luke Fischer  (Read 65210 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
Yeah I don't really get the whole drinking while sitting in a parked car thing. You're on a college campus, go to a party where it'll A) be way more fun, B) there's a much smaller chance of getting in trouble, and C) you'll probably be treated like a celebrity. These kids were almost asking to be caught.

I don't know, its a different world out there in college now.  Last semester my son attended a frat party and alcohol was served and some guests took pictures and put them on Facebook or whatever and the fraternity was put on probation.  Those parties probably aren't as safe from trouble for athletes as they used to be, since everybody is carrying a camera now and overshare everything.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »
If it led to a bunch of them also getting into a fight with fellow students \ non students...yes.  Which is what happened to Bert's boys...three times that we publicly know of.

Context is everything.

If this is true, it's too bad none of them had legally purchased guns on them. Because, mix guns with youth and booze and, well, nothing could ever go wrong!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »
Well, if things went wrong it would be the fault of the guns, for sure!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2015, 11:00:39 PM »
Well, if things went wrong it would be the fault of the guns, for sure!

That's the spirit.

Having said that ...

I now realize I should have left that comment for the political board. I apologize, mea culpa and all that.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
count the basket and...automatic...automatic...
And 2?
No Finish Line

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »
Yet you ignored the context in the IU case.  The one of the offenders is a repeat offender - you know, the guy whose was drunk driving when the other player jumped into it...or whatever you claimed earlier?

Not what I claimed, what the law enforcement investigators stated in their official report where no fault was found for the accident by that person.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
If this is true, it's too bad none of them had legally purchased guns on them. Because, mix guns with youth and booze and, well, nothing could ever go wrong!

Yes, it's a good thing....especially with some of their judgment. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 07:29:12 PM »
The "brawl at the club" that started as "DJO broke a glass bottle over someone's head" by Badger fans (and maybe Chicos/Hoopaloop at that time, to make Bert look "squirmy"), only to have the video come out and finding out it was really some players being moved out of the club because other people were fighting?  I'm sure Chicos/Hoopaloop was all over that, when in reality all that ever came of it was a couple of players getting cited for being in a club underage (not even an underage drinking ticket).  But with the latest of the many IU incidents under Crean, it's just college kids being college kids.  Chicos calling a spade a spade, a'ina?

Sigh.  Yup, there you go again. Don't forget BMA, Brad Forester, etc, etc.

The video only captures part of it, 911 tapes as well.  Not sure who called it a brawl.  At any rate...

http://fox6now.com/2012/04/09/police-report-released-after-mu-basketball-incident-at-downtown-club/

At any rate, too much inside info from people I respect.  I'm glad his assistant was fired for breaking NCAA rules and lying about.  Glad people got to see Buzzard's reaction to it internally in the dept.  Some of the other crazy nonsense going on over the years.  He's in a better place that will allow that BS, and we are in a better place without him.

Just win baby is a terrible philosophy in college sports and one of the reasons why it has sullied it so much.  You can win without the nonsense, but enough people drink the kool aid when a few wins start piling up and they turn a blind eye.  No thanks. 

Now, who was it here that made this thread not about Luke Fischer? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »
Buzz wasn't a "just win baby" type of coach.  Not even close.  He was quirky, not well liked and made some recruiting mistakes, but he wasn't dirty from a recruiting or academic stand point.  Really you need to stop implying that's the case.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
Buzz wasn't a "just win baby" type of coach.  Not even close.  He was quirky, not well liked and made some recruiting mistakes, but he wasn't dirty from a recruiting or academic stand point.  Really you need to stop implying that's the case.

Todd Mayo recruiting was questionable. Nobody else that I knew of was sketchy but Todds recruitment was not very honest from what I hear.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »
Todd Mayo recruiting was questionable. Nobody else that I knew of was sketchy but Todds recruitment was not very honest from what I hear.

Should Todd have been here?  Probably not.  But I have not heard about any issues about his recruitment.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2015, 07:39:20 PM »

But Sultan, he's got inside sources.  Way too much inside information on it, in fact.  He just can't share any of it.  But he'll just call up one of his B1G AD friends to confirm it for him.  And...yup...confirmed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2015, 07:46:17 PM »
Sigh.  Yup, there you go again. Don't forget BMA, Brad Forester, etc, etc.

The video only captures part of it, 911 tapes as well.  Not sure who called it a brawl.  At any rate...

http://fox6now.com/2012/04/09/police-report-released-after-mu-basketball-incident-at-downtown-club/

At any rate, too much inside info from people I respect.  I'm glad his assistant was fired for breaking NCAA rules and lying about.  Glad people got to see Buzzard's reaction to it internally in the dept.  Some of the other crazy nonsense going on over the years.  He's in a better place that will allow that BS, and we are in a better place without him.

Just win baby is a terrible philosophy in college sports and one of the reasons why it has sullied it so much.  You can win without the nonsense, but enough people drink the kool aid when a few wins start piling up and they turn a blind eye.  No thanks. 

Now, who was it here that made this thread not about Luke Fischer? 

As if you haven't embarrassed yourself enough, you go and site Fox 6 News.  Wow.

So you'll take police reports for the Bible...as long as they make Tom Crean look like a saint (although, in reality, both people involved there were Tommy's kids so...), but if the police report (and the video) says that the only thing the 6 players were at fault for was being inside of a club (not drinking, just being physically inside the club) then it's wrong, and in fact Bert probably somehow is behind it all.  In fact, the players probably murdered a few guys inside that club but Bert got it all covered up.  You have way, way too much inside information on this topic, Chicos.  You can't tell us what the real story is, but it's not what the police, thanks to Bert, want you to think.

You really are something, Chicos.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2015, 09:24:16 PM »
Not what I claimed, what the law enforcement investigators stated in their official report where no fault was found for the accident by that person.

lol, look again
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
As if you haven't embarrassed yourself enough, you go and site Fox 6 News.  Wow.

So you'll take police reports for the Bible...as long as they make Tom Crean look like a saint (although, in reality, both people involved there were Tommy's kids so...), but if the police report (and the video) says that the only thing the 6 players were at fault for was being inside of a club (not drinking, just being physically inside the club) then it's wrong, and in fact Bert probably somehow is behind it all.  In fact, the players probably murdered a few guys inside that club but Bert got it all covered up.  You have way, way too much inside information on this topic, Chicos.  You can't tell us what the real story is, but it's not what the police, thanks to Bert, want you to think.

You really are something, Chicos.

Aw, give him a break. He can't help who and what he is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2015, 01:31:36 AM »

LW is on line one....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

If Buzz was involved in dirty recruiting, he was doing it very, very wrong. He missed out on all the "dirty recruiting" worthy kids and if he was making special arrangements to get a lightly-recruited 3-star in Todd Mayo to a high-major program in the best basketball conference in the country (at the time), all I can ask is "why?".

This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
The Hillbilly is gone and he ain't coming back. So can we all agree to the following:

1) We had a good time when things were good.

2) We're proud of Jae, JB, Wes, DJO and the rest of the guys who played for Marquette during the Hillbilly's time and have made it to the NBA. Impressive record.

3) We had a bad divorce with the Hillbilly and he took everything of value in the house.

4) We've moved on to a new "pretty girl" who brought in recruits this year the Hillbilly could only dream of. We've got a great team, a great coach and great potential.

Let's treat the Hillbilly like a bad ex-spouse. All we want to do is be National Champion with Coach Wojo and make the Hillbilly rot in his Hokie tomb down in West Nowhereville, Virginia.

So can we just ignore him, like the rest of college basketball is about to?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »

Why? The Bert Mobile has a lot of miles on her but she's good for another 100k

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »
The Hillbilly is gone and he ain't coming back. So can we all agree to the following:

1) We had a good time when things were good.

2) We're proud of Jae, JB, Wes, DJO and the rest of the guys who played for Marquette during the Hillbilly's time and have made it to the NBA. Impressive record.

3) We had a bad divorce with the Hillbilly and he took everything of value in the house.

4) We've moved on to a new "pretty girl" who brought in recruits this year the Hillbilly could only dream of. We've got a great team, a great coach and great potential.

Let's treat the Hillbilly like a bad ex-spouse. All we want to do is be National Champion with Coach Wojo and make the Hillbilly rot in his Hokie tomb down in West Nowhereville, Virginia.

I agree with this overall but outside of Henry what recruit could buzz have only dreamed of? Let's not forget that Buzz brought in two top ten classes and plenty of those were top100s ranked higher than Haanif or the others wojo has brought in. Not saying that Buzz went after great character or that they all panned out but top 100 that Buzz brought were 

#31 J Wilson, #76 Cadougan, #79 Maymon, #95 Williams.

#31 Blue, #53 Jones.

#84 Taylor.

#27 JJJ, #34 Fisher, #39 Burton, #53 D Wilson

#83 Cohen (#54 Hill)

(#78 Noskowiak)

and I believe Harris was a top 100 before the suspension. 

#85 Haanif and #84 Houser are great adds but outside of #5 Henry who has Wojo brought in that Buzz couldn't touch?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:08:30 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »
Haanif and Houser are great adds but outside of Henry who has Wojo brought in that Buzz couldn't touch?

Who is this Houser you speak of?

(also, lol at Harris)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2015, 07:00:32 PM »

Haanif and Houser are great adds but outside of Henry who has Wojo brought in that Buzz couldn't touch?

You may want to keep your eyes on Traci and Sacar and their contributions this year and the following years.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2015, 09:13:15 PM »

Tired of people parroting this "Talking Point"  Ask Cheryl Atkinson why she left MSM. Or read her book and see where the "news" is really distorted and you won't sound like a kool aid drinker

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2015, 09:56:20 PM »
Tired of people parroting this "Talking Point"  Ask Cheryl Atkinson why she left MSM. Or read her book and see where the "news" is really distorted and you won't sound like a kool aid drinker

I don't get into politics at all and I'll be the first to admit that. But I do know Fox 6 News is a complete joke.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
  You may want to keep your eyes on Traci and Sacar and their contributions this year and the following years.

I agree they were highly underrated players and that Wojo made the right call but it's not like they were somehow players Buzz couldn't touch buzz brought in his fair share of underrated guys too. (Buycks, DJO, Jimmy, Jae)
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback