[Today at 05:45:01 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer  (Read 65594 times)

HoopsterBC

• All American
Luke Fischer
« on: August 20, 2015, 01:11:10 PM »
After watching the 4 games overseas,  I am wondering if Wojo is doing any favors with Luke to improve his game.  Is it off limits for him to step outside and shoot
the 15 footer?  It would make him a better player and an NBA player, am I missing something here?  He never fronts the rim, always having his back to the basket?
Shoots free throws pretty good?

CAGASS24

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
eh - he makes a good number of free throws but watch how he shoots them - great big knee bend and ackward arm position - if he could make shots like you want he'd have just a more subtle wrist flick shot and more stationary lower body -

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »
Still would give him more ability to score from different areas on the court, be more that a 1 trick pony.  Better teams will stop him down low.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
After watching the 4 games overseas,  I am wondering if Wojo is doing any favors with Luke to improve his game.  Is it off limits for him to step outside and shoot
the 15 footer?  It would make him a better player and an NBA player, am I missing something here?  He never fronts the rim, always having his back to the basket?
i heard wojo didn't want luke to improve his game...so he has told him no face up jumpers...won't even let him practice his shot to earn the right to take them in a game. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
i heard wojo didn't want luke to improve his game...so he has told him no face up jumpers...won't even let him practice his shot to earn the right to take them in a game.

Yeah, wojo has supposedly said many times he doesn't want Luke having any chance to leave early so he's saving the jumper for next year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »

It's Wojo's forte.  Play mind games with the guys.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:35:53 PM »
One of the big reasons Wojo is insisting on a drug-free team culture is to eliminate a reason for Luke to leave Marquette early

Death on call

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
One of the big reasons Wojo is insisting on a drug-free team culture is to eliminate a reason for Luke to leave Marquette early
[/quote
Nice work.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
It is amazing, Luke found the situation in Bloomington so squirmy that he transferred to Buzz U.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:31:12 AM »
It is amazing, Luke found the situation in Bloomington so squirmy that he transferred to Buzz U.

Correction....he was homesick which is why all his schools he looked at transfering to were very close to home or had small settings.

UWM
MU
Creighton

He was not upset one iota that Buzz is gone.  In fact, he believes he is in a better situation and couldn't have worked out better with the Buzzard gone.  You can verify that within the department if you wish.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
Correction....he was homesick which is why all his schools he looked at transfering to were very close to home or had small settings.

UWM
MU
Creighton

He was not upset one iota that Buzz is gone.  In fact, he believes he is in a better situation and couldn't have worked out better with the Buzzard gone.  You can verify that within the department if you wish.

Wait, Creighton is close to home?  Bloomington is bigger than Omaha?  Jeeze, here I thought the 5 hour 40 minute drive from Germantown to Bloomington was shorter than the 8 hour drive from Germantown to Omaha and that Omaha's population of 435,000+ people was more than Bloomington's population of 83,000.  Silly me.

Shocking that Chicos would go out of his way to make himself look foolish in an attempt to save face for Crean.

Also shocking that a 19 year old college basketball player wouldn't come out and say, "I am not comfortable with the rampant drug use and lack of accountability within the basketball program so I am looking to transfer."

:o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 09:43:49 AM »
Apparently the conjunction OR is not understood by you

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RPoBE-E8VOc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RPoBE-E8VOc</a>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:38:11 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »
Wait, Creighton is close to home?  Bloomington is bigger than Omaha?  Jeeze, here I thought the 5 hour 40 minute drive from Germantown to Bloomington was shorter than the 8 hour drive from Germantown to Omaha and that Omaha's population of 435,000+ people was more than Bloomington's population of 83,000.  Silly me.

I believe he meant school sizes.... Like student population

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »

UWM
MU
Creighton

can verify with the family that you are incorrect on the schools listed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »
Apparently the conjunction OR is not understood by you

So he was fine driving a long way, as long as the student population was under 15,000, but if it was around 30,000, then he had to be close to home, is what you're saying?

Or maybe he just wanted some structure around the program he was playing in.  A clean program.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »

When I do verify this with people within the department will they tell me the all squirmy Buzz things, too?  It would be fun to learn before the FBI & NCAA come crashing in - as I'm sure that will happen eventually.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
I think it is sad people imply Luke is a liar, over and over again.  That's a shame.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 12:34:24 PM »
I think it is sad people imply Luke is a liar, over and over again.  That's a shame.

Lol

Nice dodge. Par for the course.

Not one person said Luke was a liar, not once. I would've been homesick as well, if all everyone I was around did was do drugs and drink while I was in college and the person who was supposed to hold them accountable did nothing about it until an 18 year old decided to drink and then got behind the wheel of a car and ran over one of my teammates. But maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:39:12 PM by wadesworld »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
So he was fine driving a long way, as long as the student population was under 15,000, but if it was around 30,000, then he had to be close to home, is what you're saying?

Or maybe he just wanted some structure around the program he was playing in.  A clean program.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RPoBE-E8VOc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RPoBE-E8VOc</a>

Thankfully for all involved, Buzz is gone, Luke is at MU, close to home, close to family.  Worked out well for everyone.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »
This was like sprinkling the lawn when you need nightcrawlers
No Finish Line

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
can verify with the family that you are incorrect on the schools listed.

Google Luke Fischer transfer. Those are the three schools listed. He is even quoted as saying he wouldn't transfer to the Big ten out of respect for Crean.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »

So, Marquette gets it's first legitimate inside presence in almost two decades and you want to move him to the perimeter?  That's taking contrarian thinking a little too far for me.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
i don't care to name drop (because you do enough of that for the entire board)...but you're full of it. 

brandx

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
Maybe Luke called chico's wife a liar.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »
So, Marquette gets it's first legitimate inside presence in almost two decades and you want to move him to the perimeter?  That's taking contrarian thinking a little too far for me.

its vs. it's
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.