[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry and Luke; Two Future NBA Players?  (Read 3473 times)

GOO

• All American
Henry and Luke; Two Future NBA Players?
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »
Watching Luke, not just this year overseas, but even last year with the bad shoulder, reminds me of a guy that will probably develop into an NBA player.  He moves well, has good footwork, can run the floor, soft hands, effort, can shoot, etc.

I think we have two future NBA players at the 4 and 5 positions. 

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Henry and Luke; Two Future NBA Players?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Yes.

Thanks, Tom.  For not knowing how to use a big, and for having no control over your program.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »
Really? I think you're forgetting about how he played last year. Luke Fischer averaged 4.8 rebounds in 30 minutes of action. On a team that didn't have 1 other player over 6'7. Steve Taylor averaged 5 rebounds a game in 22 minutes and the guy can't jump. I know he was slightly injured, but I cannot see him in the NBA. Guys his size can take the ball up the court in the NBA and shoot out to 19-22 feet. I don't see the shooting and footwork you do.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »
Really? I think you're forgetting about how he played last year. Luke Fischer averaged 4.8 rebounds in 30 minutes of action. On a team that didn't have 1 other player over 6'7. Steve Taylor averaged 5 rebounds a game in 22 minutes and the guy can't jump. I know he was slightly injured, but I cannot see him in the NBA. Guys his size can take the ball up the court in the NBA and shoot out to 19-22 feet. I don't see the shooting and footwork you do.

The thing about rebounding: you kinda have to have shoulders that don't flare up in pain whenever you come into contact with people.

Luke resolved that with shoulder surgery this offseason. The results on the court so far have shown a much more fearless offensive and defensive player slowly coming into his own.  I'm not saying NBA. But I am saying he looks a lot better than he did last year.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 04:15:47 PM »
A little early yet on Luke, but he has the potential. Henry--Yes!

And since we are speculating, how about Duane Wilson?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »
I refuse to be drawn into irrational exuberance based on 4 exhibition games against Dll level talent.    They looked good.    If they still look good at the end of January, let the happy dancing begin. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:06:05 PM »
I was just thinking about that and I say yes to Luke. 1, you can't teach size, and two he is so athletic and runs the floor incredibly well. Add another year of strength with todd smith and a 15 footer and you have yourself a second rounder.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
I was just thinking about that and I say yes to Luke. 1, you can't teach size, and two he is so athletic and runs the floor incredibly well. Add another year of strength with todd smith and a 15 footer and you have yourself a second rounder.
I'm not an NBA fan so I won't opine on what skills translate to that level but one of the two things you listed is much more difficult to develop than the other.  I hope both he and the coaching staff can develop it though.

I think the "runs the floor incredibly well" aspect of his game (not to mention the rest of the team) is going to be huge for us the next two years.  Today that 7'2" center was a shell of himself by the 2nd quarter.  Against better conditioned (and younger) opponents it won't be so drastic but it'll pay off in the last 5 minutes of games.

source?

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »
I remember some dude out of UWGB got drafted last year based on the fact that he was big. Seems like Luke could have a legit shot.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »
I refuse to be drawn into irrational exuberance based on 4 exhibition games against Dll level talent.    They looked good.    If they still look good at the end of January, let the happy dancing begin.

I agree with you. The team we played today was particularly bad. No defense and launching basically nothing but three point shots. Our guys got a great trip and some time to play together. Coach knows what he needs to work on. Good experience all around but there is no way to draw conclusions on the upcoming season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
Until I see Luke become a consistently good college basketball player, I won't speculate for a second about a possible pro career.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 08:00:08 AM »
Too early one way or the other.

Who was predicting Jimmy Butler would be an NBA all-star at this point in his college career?
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 12:07:03 PM »
FWIW, I believe every big man at Duke while Wojo was coaching them positionally ended up playing in the NBA.

Henry, barring injury, will definitely play in the league. Fischer will have the chance to prove his worth the next two years. There were some flashes last year through injury, but as MU82 said, I want to see more before being ready to put that label on him. This tour was encouraging, but averaging 18/10 (or whatever he averaged) in Euro friendlies and doing the same in the Big East are two totally different animals.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback