'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Broeker taking swings at Bert  (Read 17142 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Broeker taking swings at Bert
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »
And people complain about others for injecting a certain coach into threads.  LOL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2015, 09:29:38 AM »
And people complain about others for injecting a certain coach into threads.  LOL

Forever the victim, Chicos.  Forever the victim.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
We could have gone on a foreign trip any time during the past five years.  Did it cross anyone else's mind that perhaps the administration didn't trust sending the team overseas with Buzz and staff for 10 days?  Not like money was an issue, and not like Buzz to pass on the extra practice time.

I'm not a Buzz fan, but I don't think this is a fair criticism.

We had a trip to Canada early in Buzz's tenure which counted as a foreign trip.  With the one trip in four years, I think the first year we would have been eligible again would have been Wojo's first season. 

It makes complete sense to wait a year to schedule the next trip in order to give him a chance to use it for recruiting.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:48 AM »
To be fair, rape and sexual assult are the exception to the rule. (Already have my Kane jersey sitting next to a garbage can just in case) But people here seem to only want players who only have the cleanest of backgrounds and home life, and theres nothing wrong with that but I don't have a problem with recruiting JUCOs that don't graduate or people who get into fights on the street or bring their gun to practice.

I get that that what you said is more like an occasional non-graduate would be acceptable, but would you be willing to accept a postseason ban from the NCAA due to an insufficient progress toward degree score, as a trade off for a national championship the year before? 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
I'm not a Buzz fan, but I don't think this is a fair criticism.

We had a trip to Canada early in Buzz's tenure which counted as a foreign trip.  With the one trip in four years, I think the first year we would have been eligible again would have been Wojo's first season. 

It makes complete sense to wait a year to schedule the next trip in order to give him a chance to use it for recruiting.
That Canada trip was in TC's last season in August, 2007.  There were a couple of opportunities in Buzz's era for a foreign trip.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »
That Canada trip was in TC's last season in August, 2007.  There were a couple of opportunities in Buzz's era for a foreign trip.

I thought the trip was when McMorrow was in his transfer year, but I may be confusing the trip with his freshman season in Canada.

I stand corrected--it does make sense that the school may have put the restrictions on Buzz-especially when the first year the team coached by him would have been eligible was 11-12.

In any event, Liam has his own Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_McMorrow
Didn't know he was playing for the Clipper summer league team.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2015, 01:13:34 AM »
Saw him at Summerfest 35 years ago.  You remember Summerfest, yes?

Hell, yes. If Milwaukee ever did anything right it was Summerfest. Mayor Maier got that one right.

What's crazy is that I was at that same concert!

Death on call

feedback