[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many years do you think Henry Ellenson will play at Marquette?

One and done
63 (27.5%)
Two and through
142 (62%)
Three or more
24 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Voting closed: November 10, 2015, 01:15:08 PM

Author Topic: Ellenson: One and Done or not?  (Read 114050 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Ellenson: One and Done or not?
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2015, 09:11:32 AM »
I originally voted that he was one and done. Of course, if he wants to go it does not matter whether he is ready or not. He seemed to wear down on the Italy tour. I now believe he is not as ready as I thought he was. I do not even think he is the best player on the team. I think Fischer is the best player. We really could have three players go pro after this year. We will be a serious challenger to win the NCAA tournament if Henry, Luke and Duane stay.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »
@PatThomas1318: Duane Wilson on Henry Ellenson "He will be Marquette's first ever one and done."

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:31 PM »
@PatThomas1318: Duane Wilson on Henry Ellenson "He will be Marquette's first ever one and done."

Apparently Duane has never heard of Niv Berkowitz.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »

I'm fine with Henry being a one and done, so long as he doesn't turn into our programs version of Larry Hughes. Keep on the recruiting trail Wojo.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2015, 09:58:31 PM »

Apparently he didn't hear from our local Scoop experts that we need to temper expectations on him because he's a freshman and unless you go to Kentucky you don't produce as freshman.  Be happy with 6 and 3 from Hank this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
I'm fine with Henry being a one and done, so long as he doesn't turn into our programs version of Larry Hughes.

I'm not sure what this means.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »
Whatever happens, happens.  I'll just enjoy the ride this season.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
Glaring endorsement but Duane can exaggerate let's not forget he called Steve Taylor when of the best power forwards in the country About this time last year.

Hopefully he'll be great if he's one and done, great if he's two and through and great if he stays for three or four years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »
I hoping Ellenson has a good enough season to be a top 5 pick. My fear is that Duane and/or Fischer would also turn pro. Everyone returning besides Henry should result in a very successful 2016-17 season.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2015, 08:37:05 AM »
I hoping Ellenson has a good enough season to be a top 5 pick. My fear is that Duane and/or Fischer would also turn pro. Everyone returning besides Henry should result in a very successful 2016-17 season.

Duane would have to take an ENORMOUS jump.  He simply isn't big enough unless he becomes a hell of a PG.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »
Glaring endorsement but Duane can exaggerate let's not forget he called Steve Taylor when of the best power forwards in the country About this time last year.

It think its great that Duane thinks so highly of his teammate but to put that in prospective how many can't miss NBA prospects has Duane ever been on a team with?  If the Bucks players start saying H.E. is NBA ready NOW (like we heard when Wade was on team) then I'll start thinking Henry "might" leave after this freshman year.  For now I'm in the 2 years or longer camp. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
It think its great that Duane thinks so highly of his teammate but to put that in prospective how many can't miss NBA prospects has Duane ever been on a team with?  If the Bucks players start saying H.E. is NBA ready NOW (like we heard when Wade was on team) then I'll start thinking Henry "might" leave after this freshman year.  For now I'm in the 2 years or longer camp.

He's been listed in the top 10 of 2016 NBA Draft boards for the past year and a half by people who get paid to evaluate those things.  He was 1 of 13 players chosen to represent the USA at his age group.  He's 6'10" with a guard's skillset.  Literally the only chance he stays is if he loves playing with his brother that much...and even then, he might love his brother enough to say, "I'll take care of you for the rest of your life by getting paid next year."

He gowne.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
I think little to no chance of him returning for a second season. Hopefully the first of more one and done at MU.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »

Hopefully he'll be great if he's one and done, great if he's two and through and great if he stays for three or four years.

Not so great for recruiting as Marquette would get a reputation as a place where great players languish and/or regress.

Henry is a one year guy.  Period.  Most people (as shown by the poll results) don't get it due to a combination of wishful thinking and our inexperience as a fan base with one and dones.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »
I'm fine with Henry being a one and done, so long as he doesn't turn into our programs version of Larry Hughes. Keep on the recruiting trail Wojo.

I'm not sure what this means.

I believe that Chitown is referring to Larry Hughes status as a one and done both as a player and as the only one and done recruit for SLU.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:13:08 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »

Yes, let's hope Henry doesn't turn us into St. Louis.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2015, 11:11:12 AM »

Lol, good catch.  Although, technically, Niv was a 1/4 and done.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
I believe that Chitown is referring to Larry Hughes status as a one and done both as a player and as the only one and done recruit for SLU.

Oh.  OK.  I thought he was somehow disparaging Larry Hughes.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »

Diamond Stone, for one. If you follow those sorts of rankings for kids.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »

Duane would have to take an ENORMOUS jump.  He simply isn't big enough unless he becomes a hell of a PG.
Anyone can go pro, whether it is a good idea or not. See Vander Blue.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »
I hoping Ellenson has a good enough season to be a top 5 pick. My fear is that Duane and/or Fischer would also turn pro.

So, your "fear" is basically that MU wins a national championship this season.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
So, your "fear" is basically that MU wins a national championship this season.

+1 -- I dream of a scenario where those three go pro next year.  My guess is the excitement of watching that happen would totally offset the temporary gap in recruiting.  Temporary would likely be the key word because Wojo would be the coach that just delivered 3 guys to the NBA.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
+1 -- I dream of a scenario where those three go pro next year.  My guess is the excitement of watching that happen would totally offset the temporary gap in recruiting.  Temporary would likely be the key word because Wojo would be the coach that just delivered 3 guys to the NBA.

Well if those three go pro obviously Haanif JJJ and Cohen all step up and get us to back to back national championships. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback