[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cheatham can't play in Italy  (Read 13910 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Cheatham can't play in Italy
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 01:49:32 AM »
It's a multi-billion dollar organization. Figure it out and get it done.

No, it's not

Not even $1 billion in revenue....bottom line number is quite small after expenses, etc.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 04:17:37 AM »
Gotta feel for the kid as well. By all accounts he did nothing wrong just the NCAA slow at processing.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 04:50:08 AM »
No, it's not

Not even $1 billion in revenue....bottom line number is quite small after expenses, etc.

Jesus Christ.. 4ever throw them a line of credit.   NCAA needs to tighten their game.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 07:19:44 AM »
The other 4 MU freshmen were cleared so I don't think it's just the slow NCAA.  Must be something in Cheatham's transcript needs to be verified.  Someone mentioned the charter school aspect in this thread.  Think that is causing the issue in some way.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
The other 4 MU freshmen were cleared so I don't think it's just the slow NCAA.  Must be something in Cheatham's transcript needs to be verified.  Someone mentioned the charter school aspect in this thread.  Think that is causing the issue in some way.

It is the cause but I wouldn't classify it as an issue.  Kids who go to charter schools go through "extra processing".  The fall students have priority (especially football) so all the fall students who went to charter schools have to go through the extra processing which pushes the basketball players way back..  If MU didn't have this opportunity and they were on the normal schedule, people wouldn't have even known about this.

It sucks but it's also a known thing that will resolve itself in the next two months.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:48 AM »
It is the cause but I wouldn't classify it as an issue.  Kids who go to charter schools go through "extra processing".  The fall students have priority (especially football) so all the fall students who went to charter schools have to go through the extra processing which pushes the basketball players way back..  If MU didn't have this opportunity and they were on the normal schedule, people wouldn't have even known about this.

It sucks but it's also a known thing that will resolve itself in the next two months.

My question for you 03eng is why you weren't able to sweet talk your way into the Italy trip as a valuable media member?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »
My question for you 03eng is why you weren't able to sweet talk your way into the Italy trip as a valuable media member?

Apparently the athletic department doesn't care about the Scrambled Eggs listener....you know...you, Chick, my mom and 2 people in their grandmother's basement  ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
"With Cheatham unable to play during the trip, redshirt sophomore Duane Wilson shifted to point guard along with freshman Traci Carter"
So I guess the plan at PG is the two freshman split time?

Traci is definitely being primed for significant action at PG during the season.... DuWil seems more like a fill-in for Europe.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »
That's because the last coach didn't value them as much as the previous 5 coaches at MU.

He lost all respect for them once he learned that unlike him, they slept at night.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 12:01:18 PM »
No, it's not

Revenue is not a bottom line number.  From Investopedia:

"DEFINITION of 'Revenue'
The amount of money that a company actually receives during a specific period, including discounts and deductions for returned merchandise. It is the "top line" or "gross income" figure from which costs are subtracted to determine net income.
(emphasis supplied)

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
Revenue is not a bottom line number.  From Investopedia:

"DEFINITION of 'Revenue'
The amount of money that a company actually receives during a specific period, including discounts and deductions for returned merchandise. It is the "top line" or "gross income" figure from which costs are subtracted to determine net income.
(emphasis supplied)

I think you're misreading chicos. He had 2 pts - revenues were under a billion &  2) after expenses, change in net assets were not significant.

PS- I think they'll top $1B this year (which ends in a few weeks)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
Beh, che schifo ("well that sucks"~in Italian)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2015, 01:52:03 PM »
That's because the last coach didn't value them as much as the previous 5 coaches at MU.

Luckily he valued winning more than the previous 5 coaches at MU did.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
I think you're misreading chicos. He had 2 pts - revenues were under a billion &  2) after expenses, change in net assets were not significant.

PS- I think they'll top $1B this year (which ends in a few weeks)

So, in no case is the NCAA a "multi-billion dollar organization" as was alleged, got it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
2 things in this article.

1. JJJ changing his jumpshot technique is great news
2. MazosBurger sighting in the comments!
3. Heldt is starting to play some forward. I previously said he will be the back up 4  instead of Anim. Anim will probably play some four, but Heldt will play more

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
If this happened to Kentucky or Duke, this issue would have been resolved much sooner.
The NCAA never had it together. The NCAA really SUCKS!

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »
If this happened to Kentucky or Duke, this issue would have been resolved much sooner.
The NCAA never had it together. The NCAA really SUCKS!

Somewhere, Al McGuire is smiling down on you.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
I just cannot help but think that there is no reason for the NCAA to not let Cheatnam play. What advantage does MU or Cheatnam get, if he ends up not being eligible? They are actually punishing Cheatnam, if he ends up being eligible.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
I just cannot help but think that there is no reason for the NCAA to not let Cheatnam play. What advantage does MU or Cheatnam get, if he ends up not being eligible? They are actually punishing Cheatnam, if he ends up being eligible.

Completely agree, this rule is BS
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »
Cleared today.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »
Cleared today.

I thought he was cleared on the last day of italy.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
You're right. Just saw the post today on MJS and being in a state of brain deadness, I posted ithe "news".

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
You're right. Just saw the post today on MJS and being in a state of brain deadness, I posted ithe "news".

Happens to the best of us.
Have some patience, FFS.