[Today at 06:44:40 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by tower912
[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Paging Chicos! DirecTV and AT&T  (Read 2631 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Paging Chicos! DirecTV and AT&T
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:59:59 PM »
Chicos,

I have been up for a free DirecTV equipment upgrade for about a year now but haven't got around to doing so. I was planning on calling this week to upgrade to the Genie, however, I see DirecTV is now a part of AT&T.

Will any new upgrades be coming as a result or will that still be some time away?

Also what are your thoughts on the move?

Thanks!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Paging Chicos! DirecTV and AT&T
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:14:50 PM »
Chicos,

I have been up for a free DirecTV equipment upgrade for about a year now but haven't got around to doing so. I was planning on calling this week to upgrade to the Genie, however, I see DirecTV is now a part of AT&T.

Will any new upgrades be coming as a result or will that still be some time away?

Thanks!

He should have sold at the high water mark...profit taking us good.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=T+Interactive#{"range":"5d","allowChartStacking":true}

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:32:47 AM »
Chicos,

Thanks!

I've been out of the satellite side and away from the parent company for almost 11 months, though that may be changing soon.

Can't answer your question.  I have Genie, had one of the first a few years ago as a beta tester with the HR34, and then an HR44.  Good machine...worth the upgrade in my opinion.  I have wired, not sure if you are going for wireless.

Thoughts on the move....I worry in the short term about many friends that are there.  Redundancy, layoffs, etc....any big mergers that happens.  Not much they can do, but from the personal side I worry about that.  Many, of course, also did well financially with the stock run-up the last 24 months and for so many of them that were around when it was $15....I'm very happy for those folks that stuck it out.

In the long term, believe it can help the digital mobile world to some extent.  The content owners still have power and so many want to sell direct, but a bigger MVPD can help to retard some of the price increases a bit that customers see.  The increases will still happen, but will they be at the same levels over the next 5 years?  Perhaps some balance has been put back into the equation, but I don't have a crystal ball on that one.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
I've been out of the satellite side and away from the parent company for almost 11 months, though that may be changing soon.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/e/UPw-3e_pzqU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/e/UPw-3e_pzqU</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »
Ironic, my Genie broke today.  Never had that happen.  Got home and on the screen it said the hard drive failed but live tv would continue to be ok.  Call such and such number for replacement.  I did that, no problem.  Replacement coming tomorrow.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
Wireless Genie rocks my world. Gr8 invention
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:22:27 AM »
Wireless Genie rocks my world. Gr8 invention

If you have the correct setup, agree.  Some house configurations it is my understanding can make it tricky

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
If you have the correct setup, agree.  Some house configurations it is my understanding can make it tricky

Yeah, I was a bit worried because it was very new when I got it (new to the marketplace, that is) and I have the wireless Genies scattered throughout my 3.5k sqft house. Zero problems for me.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 05:58:29 PM »
It would work, then, in my garage, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »
It would work, then, in my garage, hey?

They have to test it.  Wireless does not mean internet wireless.....different frequencies, different wavelengths and performance variables.  Can't answer it without them actually testing it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »
Figurin' if it worked in da size of BeeJay's bungalow, then it would be adequate for my garage, ai na?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:24:10 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »
Figurin' if it worked in da size of BeeJay's bungalow, then it be be adequate for my garage, ai na?

Only one way to tell. Are you with DirecTV now? If no, use my code so we can both get $100, butty. thanks

PS - lots of ... adult options... with DirecTV

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »
Only one way to tell. Are you with DirecTV now? If no, use my code so we can both get $100, butty. thanks

PS - lots of ... adult options... with DirecTV

My old department....yes, plenty of options.  Around Christmas the Vivid and Penthouse girls would stop by...I kid you not.  That was always entertaining.